[Feb 25, 2013] Winter Brawl VII - The Madness($500 DOA5 pot bonus) (philadelphia, pa)

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Not until you win a real tournament biotch.

This warning isn't about any tournament related trash talk. It's about blatant disrespect to the site admins for services they are providing with their own time and money, and your inability to not whine about everything because you can't help not acting like an entitled little bitch.

If you want to start trolling, I can just ban you again. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a kick out of that.

lopedo

He made a personal attack against you Ricky.... insulted you without warrant. Ban him or I will become the number one player in the world.

Julius Rage

This warning isn't about any tournament related trash talk. It's about blatant disrespect to the site admins for services they are providing with their own time and money, and your inability to not whine about everything because you can't help not acting like an entitled little bitch.

If you want to start trolling, I can just ban you again. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a kick out of that.
You're an admin here and you "warn",me by telling me to shut the fuck up and
calling me a little bitch?

and who said anything about disrespecting the services the admins provide?

Im going to report you for attacking me man, I've done nothing to
deserve this treatment.

lopedo

You're an admin here and you "warn",me by telling me to shut the fuck up and
calling me a little bitch?

and who said anything about disrespecting the services the admins provide?

Im going to report you for attacking me man, I've done nothing to
deserve this treatment.

I mean... if the shoe fits.

Demoth

I just want to express my extreme displeasure at how the DOA 5 Tag tournament went down.

My brother and I had been training as tag partners for a good two months and were getting really excited to do a 2 on 2. (Both of us were REALLY disappointed in TN for taking out 2 vs 2 online for DOA 5).

Imagine how upset we were to get to Winter Brawl, only to be told that the tag tournament wasn't actually a 2 vs 2, but a 1 vs 1 versus a team of two, single elimination.

THAT was utter bullshit and it was very misleading.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I just want to express my extreme displeasure at how the DOA 5 Tag tournament went down.

My brother and I had been training as tag partners for a good two months and were getting really excited to do a 2 on 2. (Both of us were REALLY disappointed in TN for taking out 2 vs 2 online for DOA 5).

Imagine how upset we were to get to Winter Brawl, only to be told that the tag tournament wasn't actually a 2 vs 2, but a 1 vs 1 versus a team of two, single elimination.

THAT was utter bullshit and it was very misleading.

While I understand your dismay in dropping the Paired Tag tournament from the line up, I don't see where it was misleading as I didn't advertise paired tag at this event.

Here is what was announced:
A couple of Announcements:

Team NINJA has graciously donated $500 to the pot total of the Dead or Alive 5 Singles event for Winter Brawl!

Also, Tom Lee, Creative Director of Team NINJA, will be in attendance to watch the matches put on throughout the tournament and meet all of the fans for Dead or Alive that show up at the event.

Lastly, here are the final rule-sets for the DOA tournaments we'll have:

System: PlayStation 3

Saturday

Dead or Alive 5 Team Singles
Entry Fee: $10 per player
Round Time: 60 seconds
# of players per team: 2
# of rounds per match: 3
# of matches per set: 1
1 set per player per team, winner stays on
Tournament Bracket: Single Eliminon

Dead or Alive Singles
Entry Fee: $10
Round Time: 60 seconds
# of rounds per Match: 3
# of matches per Set: 2
Winner, Loser, and Grand Final matches per set: 3
Tournament Bracket[/b]: Double Elimination - Even distribution 16 player Pool Brackets
Bracket will run up to Top 8 on Saturday and finish on Sunday

Sunday

Dead or Alive 5 Tag Singles 1v1
Entry Fee: $10
Round Time: 99 seconds
# of rounds per Match: 2
# of matches per Set: 2
Winner, Loser, and Grand Final matches per set: 3
Tournament Bracket: Double Elimination​

The "Team" tournament was changed to match that of the Big E Gaming standard ruleset for team tournaments. That is, singles matches in a pokemon styled team battle.

I decided to switch to that method after some players wanted to try that style of tournament. In addition, I felt the setup required for Paired Tag was too involved. The last contributing factor for dropping it was due to the inexperience of players in tag mode making the game and mode itself look rather bad.

Now, if TN allowed two players to enter sparring mode together on the same tag team, or allowed for paired play online then I might bring it back.

I'm sorry that you felt deceived.

Demoth

While I understand your dismay in dropping the Paired Tag tournament from the line up, I don't see where it was misleading as I didn't advertise paired tag at this event.

Here is what was announced:

The "Team" tournament was changed to match that of the Big E Gaming standard ruleset for team tournaments. That is, singles matches in a pokemon styled team battle.

I decided to switch to that method after some players wanted to try that style of tournament. In addition, I felt the setup required for Paired Tag was too involved. The last contributing factor for dropping it was due to the inexperience of players in tag mode making the game and mode itself look rather bad.

Now, if TN allowed two players to enter sparring mode together on the same tag team, or allowed for paired play online then I might bring it back.

I'm sorry that you felt deceived.

I'm going to have to do some digging, because the form / flyer / information I read was DEFINITELT not worded that way. What you just posted is clearly not tag pairing and I wouldn't have misinterpreted that.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like you were trying to deliberately deceive me, or anyone, but whatever I read was definitely not what you just posted above.

Part of the problem could be that it was my brother who finds the tournaments, and he does not always pull information from the official page of the tournament, or the person hosting it.

Then again, thinking back to it, I could have sworn that the physical program we received didnt say it was a tag 1 on 1.... But perhaps my memory is faded in my old age.... Gosh darn whipper snappers.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm going to have to do some digging, because the form / flyer / information I read was DEFINITELT not worded that way. What you just posted is clearly not tag pairing and I wouldn't have misinterpreted that.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like you were trying to deliberately deceive me, or anyone, but whatever I read was definitely not what you just posted above.

Part of the problem could be that it was my brother who finds the tournaments, and he does not always pull information from the official page of the tournament, or the person hosting it.

Then again, thinking back to it, I could have sworn that the physical program we received didnt say it was a tag 1 on 1.... But perhaps my memory is faded in my old age.... Gosh darn whipper snappers.

Well, either way. I'm happy that you and your brother were able to attend. In the future I'll be sure that any physical programs are properly informed.

Since our next event would most likely be Summer Jam in August I'd say we would have some time to nail down whichever tournaments we will be running.

There are a few players in the Philly area who are looking to learn the game and tag more specifically so who knows, by August the level of experience in Tag might warrant a pair play tournament, or at least some money matches?

I know Katsu Hayami, Comeback, and Hubbs are at least three people in the Philly area that might be intersted in casuals/gatherings. I suggest contacting them to set it up.

Very interesting. Didn't know rikuto used gen fu in tag. Thanks for posting this. Wasn't d3v gonna try and post this at SRK looking for that Mavhel hype?

Yes, he did say that. Have not seen the article yet.

Demoth

Well, either way. I'm happy that you and your brother were able to attend. In the future I'll be sure that any physical programs are properly informed.

Since our next event would most likely be Summer Jam in August I'd say we would have some time to nail down whichever tournaments we will be running.

There are a few players in the Philly area who are looking to learn the game and tag more specifically so who knows, by August the level of experience in Tag might warrant a pair play tournament, or at least some money matches?

I know Katsu Hayami, Comeback, and Hubbs are at least three people in the Philly area that might be intersted in casuals/gatherings. I suggest contacting them to set it up.

I think we just left the tag 1 on 1 far saltier (we were polite if course) because both of us were having really good Pre-game matches against so many people, and then both of us immediately got knocked out by 1 person who used Jann Lee and did nothing but back up and then hit us with guaranteed set ups for massive damaging juggles.

It was the weirdest playstyle I ever experienced in my life, and out of the 10+ people I fought in the tournament, no one just backed up like that and waited for a move to be thrown out so a high priority move was shot out resulting in a stun / juggle setup.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well, I hope to see more from you and your brother in the future. I imagine the Jann Lee player you played was Low Sweep. He gave me similar problems with that ranged kick he has.

In other news, two interviews from Fight Your Rival that were taken during the event with Erik "Rikuto" Argetsinger and Tom Lee:

RyuJin

If Domoth was one of the guys who played on a team of Brad Wong/ Brad Wong he played me. I ended up going first that set.

Demoth

If Domoth was one of the guys who played on a team of Brad Wong/ Brad Wong he played me. I ended up going first that set.

Yeah, that was me and my brother. You absolutely trashed us and we were unbievably sad because you knew how to block everything we threw at you and then follow up with the most ridiculously damaging counter hits. We had absolutely no idea how to deal with your turtling because you also seemed to know exactly when to change position if we went for a grab.

Also, I've never experienced a Jann Lee who set up a guaranteed Critical Burst like you did. I saw it coming miles away, but neither me nor my brother were able to do anything about it.

All in all, I felt we put up an incredibly bad fight. It basically made me realize that there are certain situations I'm just totally unprepared for.

I am not trying to call your style cheap or scrubby because it clearly worked. It's just that we were basically growing out every trick and mix-up we knew as Brad, and you kept knocking us out of everything we tried to do with what seemed like only 3 combos, over and over, and we just couldn't counter-hold it, block them or throw out a move that was faster to stop it.

Vandy

Had no idea there was a Tag tournament at WB until I saw the match footage posted on SRK. Good shit to the people playing Tag.

This makes me want to pick up the game and play some Tag!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD