Final charcter select screen (all characters)

DR2K

DOA5, rehauled the entire engine, got rid of swaps/weird boss characters, made characters unique, added new moves/stances for older characters, and added 5 new and completely unique characters.Put some things into perspective.

Although I would have liked Tengu, since he had a coherent fighting style completely unique to him.

So much for "listening to the community", right?

If only they had an unlimited budget. . . but hey go around and throw another tantrum.

You guys should just let it go. If he want to wait until all 6 of his characters to buy this game then let him. While he's waiting, we can enjoy playing the game. I wish him luck because I don't mind having more characters. Whether there is are not, I don't mind at all.

Nightpup

DOA5, rehauled the entire engine, got rid of swaps/weird boss characters, made characters unique, added new moves/stances for older characters, and added 5 new and completely unique characters.Put some things into perspective.

Although I would have liked Tengu, since he had a coherent fighting style completely unique to him.

If only they had an unlimited budget. . . but hey go around and throw another tantrum.
I assume you're counting the guest characters when you say "5".

DontForkWitMe

Alright time to throw my 2 cents on the whole fiasco. all we know is that it is a FACT Leon was planned for the game, he had DOA5 specific data in the leaked exe but no model data. the only thing we can assume is that they were on a tight schedule and chose to sacrifice him from the main roster to save time for various reasons(Bayman is "similar" and obviously more favored by them, Leon not being popular etc). you guys have to keep in mind that the roster was never intended to be leaked and we wouldn't even know about ein/leon being cut if it weren't for that.

TN is obviously knows the roster was leaked and are going to continue to promote the game as if it werent so them claiming "no planned dlc characters" or being vague in interviews/ tweets asking about ein/leon is expected. I still think its not 100% set in stone that they won't release FREE character DLC later down the line or even include them in a DOA5:hardcore/Ultimate. it could happen or it could not but the fact of the matter is why would they intentionally ruin a planned surprise like releasing more characters by announcing it before hand? think about it.

so no... stikku isn't wrong or delusional like haters are blindly claiming and has the right to be pissed at TN for that dumbass decision if it turns out ein/leon are indeed gone for good. you'd figure they learned their lesson after screwing over bayman players when he got cut from vanilla DOA2, people grew attached to these characters for damn near the entire series and simply take them away while dumbasses ignorantly claiming "derp just use bayman/hitomi dere da saem neweays!!1" just shows their stupidity. im still getting the game and will try to enjoy it but it doesn't change the fact that i feel TN are pieces of shits for cutting characters...that is all

Stikku

tumblr_m9x55zpZ9k1rsw1yf.gif

Akira/Kokoro
Pai/LeiFang
Alpha 152

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What with all of the random drama that cropped up in this thread for some reason, the real reason we should be upset right now seems to have slipped everyone's notice: the title of the thread is typo'd.

:eek:

Nightpup

I completely agree with the fact that they really shouldn't have cut the characters out, and it pisses me off, but I can understand their reasons. At least Alpha-152 is still there. v.v'

EDIT: Lol Cyber.. took me until just now to notice that!

TRI Mike

People who want to see Ein, Leon and co. need to stop crying and whining and just buy and play DOA5. If you buy it, TN and Tecmo will get profit and we'll get DOA6 in the future. Leon and Ein can come back in that game.

Stikku

People who want to see Ein, Leon and co. need to stop crying and whining and just buy and play DOA5. If you buy it, TN and Tecmo will get profit and we'll get DOA6 in the future. Leon and Ein can come back in that game.
I bought DOA2, DOA3, DOA:Ultimate, DOA4, and DOA:D.

Having purchased all those, i'm not happy with what they're doing with DOA5, but I have reason to believe that there will be some form of an "updated DOA5" in the future, or DLC/Patches or something, like Team Ninja did with Ninja Gaiden 3.

I think what people should actually do is request these characters over Twitter @TeamNinjaStudio
Make your voice as the community heard. Having a voice and using it is a lot more powerful than tossing dollar bills at them, more-or-less congratulating them for removing Ein and Leon.

Hitomi_Alpha

UgH! I wish they'd left Alpha out all together, she used to piss me off so much in 4. Honestly, it doesnt bother me that they left out the "similar" characters, and Tengu is just an embarrasment to the rest of the roster. It's a new game! Why hold back the series by bringing along all the excess bagage from the last game? I think they wanted to give us a more varied and balanced roster, which I think they managed to achieve.

And as far as DLCs concerned; I'm just hoping we get a rediculous amount of costumes (that don't suck) or some more interesting stages perhaps? I can't help noticing that so far all the arenas look very square...DOA4 nailed the stages...

DR2K

UgH! I wish they'd left Alpha out all together, she used to piss me off so much in 4. Honestly, it doesnt bother me that they left out the "similar" characters, and Tengu is just an embarrasment to the rest of the roster. It's a new game! Why hold back the series by bringing along all the excess bagage from the last game? I think they wanted to give us a more varied and balanced roster, which I think they managed to achieve.

And as far as DLCs concerned; I'm just hoping we get a rediculous amount of costumes (that don't suck) or some more interesting stages perhaps? I can't help noticing that so far all the arenas look very square...DOA4 nailed the stages...

She sucked in DOAD, easily one of the worst characters. All her holds were teleports.

Dacthunder

characterselectwish.jpg

Here's my possible wishful thinking roster choices. You could actually get five more characters in there, and if that black paint near the "OK" select wasn't there six would fit well. Remember this is just my wishful thinking list. If I had to pick between Tengu, Ein, or Leon- I'd go with Tengu because he's the most unique and he also adds another big man besides bass in the game-Tengu has really interesting moves. Would love to see him redone realistically like the rest of the cast.
Edit: There can always be another Tengu besides the original one to even fit in the story. Also if the number of characters on the third row is correct, that would make it reminiscent of DOA 4's roster style.

Stikku

View attachment 541
Here's my possible wishful thinking roster choices. You could actually get five more characters in there, and if that black paint near the "OK" select wasn't there six would fit well. Remember this is just my wishful thinking list. If I had to pick between Tengu, Ein, or Leon- I'd go with Tengu because he's the most unique and he also adds another big man besides bass in the game-Tengu has really interesting moves. Would love to see him redone realistically like the rest of the cast.
who is lei fei.

Nightpup

>Hates Alpha-152
>Name is Hitomi_Alpha

Honestly, the whole point of a new game is to EXPAND upon what's already there, not completely remake the game. I completely agree on the stage thing. Almost all of them look very bland. Sanctuary, Temple of the Dragon and Ends of the Earth look very promising though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD