Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Final Fantasy XV is on Japan Expo in France right now with an updated demo build. Some new info from there:
  • The framerate of the Titan demo is really solid and stable.
  • It is not the E3 build.
  • It is dubbed in French and the dub is good/decent.
  • Some people who didn't like the Titan demo on Youtube loved it once they had their hands on it.
  • The Titan demo is like 30% of the actual Titan battle.
  • You will have to learn how to finish him by yourself (so it won't be just using blizzaga).
  • The effects on the screen are impressive.
  • The AA/IQ isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as people say.
  • The lines are cool and believable (in French at least ), for instance they react really well when the huge hand comes down.
  • A new trailer was planned but it is still possible that we get it before the end of the Japan Expo.
  • A dubbed trailer was also planned.
  • Easily game of the show.

UpSideDownGRUNT

To be honest, I couldn't care less about Dissidia Arcade atm. Until its 100% confirmed for PS4 and coming to US/EU I'll reserve any interest until then.

I'm to see the first game of FFVII Remake next year too, 2017 is the 20th anniversary of VII after all.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
We've already learned that the US and EU covers of FFXV will be this one...

CmzHyrBUIAANEMK.jpg:orig

Now it was confirmed these covers are reversible and the backside looks like this:

EU:
CnPy10LWEAAbnPG.jpg

US:
CnPy1LmWgAEuaJy.png

Final Fantasy purists will rejoice. :)

Jadeinchains

We've already learned that the US and EU covers of FFXV will be this one...

CmzHyrBUIAANEMK.jpg:orig

Now it was confirmed these covers are reversible and the backside looks like this:

EU:
CnPy10LWEAAbnPG.jpg

US:
CnPy1LmWgAEuaJy.png

Final Fantasy purists will rejoice. :)

I'll be making mine have the original title cover then. I've always preferred the simplicity of it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I want the black background of the US version. :/ Looks much better than the white one. Though I do kinda like the default cover, especially the pretty colors.

Jadeinchains

I prefer the white background so I'm happy but the black one looks nice too. The default is nice as well but I like the classic covers of FF games the most.

I wonder who the blue mist thing is on the default cover one?

Nikotsumi

I want the one with the logo and white background, I wish I could get that with the deluxe edition (which I'll probably get) instead of the Amano illustation cover :c

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I want the one with the logo and white background, I wish I could get that with the deluxe edition (which I'll probably get) instead of the Amano illustation cover :c

Doesn't the Amano cover look literally like vomit? XD

7_1_9_final-fantasy-jaquette-ps4-deluxe-edition.jpg

That's why I rather buy the standard edition.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I prefer the white background so I'm happy but the black one looks nice too. The default is nice as well but I like the classic covers of FF games the most.

I wonder who the blue mist thing is on the default cover one?

By the way, just found out in the full sized cover art that it is actually 5 of these mysterious figures, not 3:

CnRQ1egUIAAOa8a.jpg:large

Unfortunately there's no bigger version of the image yet. It would totally be my new desktop background. :/

Update:

The cover artist spoke about the cover:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/node/6843

Regarding the mysterious figures he had this to say:

"While I don’t want to spoil who or what they are, just know that they are extremely important to both KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV and FINAL FANTASY XV. It’s much more fun for you guys to find out for yourselves vs. me spoiling anything!"

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
They look like they could be Eidolons. Probably some kind of "God Council" at war with Eidolons given their size and just how big the damn summons are right now.

HHH816

i remember in FFX where tidus and yuna goes to all these temple to get summon power, perhaps the same thing with FF15

Tyaren

Standard Donor
i remember in FFX where tidus and yuna goes to all these temple to get summon power, perhaps the same thing with FF15

FFXV story is indeed similar. Noctis will have to find and defeat the summons, or astrals as they are called in this game, to have them as an ally...

tumblr_ngvmlbG4Kc1s2wenvo4_500.gif

tumblr_nlfx68p9Z61so883qo1_500.gif

tumblr_o586ynmDVL1suy1fso1_500.gif

But the 5 of the cover and the dawn trailer are not summons/astrals. The developers revealed as much before.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, I have to shamelessly double post, sorry! >__<

In another forum someone just has probably found out who these beings are. Looks like they might be reincarnations of Final Fantasy VII's Knights of the Round:

4k4ne75.jpg

Tabata and his team often stated that they drew much influence from FFVI and FFVII for this game and that these two games are the teams' favorite FFs. If these beings really are KotR we'll have to see if they serve a similar or different purpose

Wow, someone also mentioned that there are normally 13 KotR and that the game once was called: Final Fantasy Versus XIII And so far it seems as if these beings are opponents/antagonists and not allies. Might this be the real meaning behind the game name? O:

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In the upcoming Weekly Jump there will be info about Gladios' little sister Iris and Luna's big brother Ravus:

Ravus_Irus.jpg

Ravus looks pretty badass. O: He's the mysterious hooded figure in older designs:

xv_e3_2013-155.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD