Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
When it comes out If its not in the cinema I'll see if I can rent/buy it digitally. And yeah from far away it doesn't look like anything on the box and you'd have to get close to see the detail.

And even the detail looks imo crappy:

Ce2RJ27UAAQJT6G.jpg:large

It's just not a nice, clean drawing. Parts of it (the monster above the XV) look as if a child scribbled it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Im really starting to have my doubts about XV... I recently realised that I don't even care much for it.

Like, story revealed so far doesn't interest me the characters don't interest me outside of Cindy and the Dragoon Knight, and worst of all I'm really anxious about the gameplay.

I'm honestly really questioning why I have it preordered :/

This is nowhere near as hype as VII Remake, Persona 5 or even Tales of Berseria

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cinema? Is that supposed to be the movie version?

One page back:

I guess I have no no other choice than preordering the fugly Deluxe Edition after all:

124540_Deluxe_bonusLG.jpg

It's the Deluxe Edition of the game including the movie Kingsglaive.

There has already been a special screening of the film in Japan that also many senior figures of the gaming industry attended and generally the impressions were very favorable. :)
Here's what one certain game director had to say about it. Don't worry there are no spoilers, he's just generally talking about the film:

Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken series):

"-Those who are planning to buy FFXV - you have to watch it. Those who aren't planning to buy - you will if you watch the movie. It respects the series' predigree, but damn, what a way to handle the baton to the next generation.

-Thinking that SE made it in-house kind of drives me crazy. How long did it take to render every second of the movie? Hours? Dozens of hours?

-Yeah, the bad guys are an annoying geezer and a weird dude. I bloody hate them now, but considering how well they were depicted, mission accomplished. I've already sworn I'm going to absolutely wreck them in the game.

Other impressions
-Holy s***. Just... holy s***. Final Fantasy at its best and then it shot into Hollywood. Monsters felt outright alien sometimes.

-Tears. Cried a lot. I think the whole theater was crying at the end. There was outright sobbing around the mid-point, too. Wonder if Noctis realizes what a huge burden he's really inherited.

-I won the tickets, but it was much better than expected. Will go to see again.

-A huge work, really. Kind of unexpected in some aspects, but in a good way.

-Amazing! Having to wait until September to play the game makes me depressed now.

-A beautiful movie, though the action scenes were sometimes so fast they were hard to follow (lol). Wish the heroine's VA was a bit more expressive.

-Fantastic, might go to see it in the theater again. Story felt like a part of a really huge tale. Knew nothing about the setting before watching it and still could follow the movie just fine.

-Luna is a seriously bold and audacious heroine. Not the angry screaming type, but very daring. Final verdict: why isn't it September 30 yet!

-The Versus/XV project might have had a troubled history, but Kingsglaive definitely delivered. Really interested in the story now.

-Putting CGI aside (we all knew it'd look great) I was impressed by the pacing and composition. Even the prologue alone felt like a fully realized tale. The story also doesn't get bogged down in exposition and the balance of silence and motion is superb. My only criticism is that considering how rawly realistic and gruesome the story is, it should have been more bloody. Really recommend watching it before playing the game, because people who know only the demo might get floored by how dark the story really is.

-Highly recommended, seriously. The previous FF movie felt sappy and soap-opera-ish, but KG is very different. It felt Western. Those who like action and stories more focused on strength of will, zeal, and pride should definitely watch it.

-Simply put, fantastic. The visuals, the music, the impact, everything. Was worried about the VAs, but they did an excellent job.

-Been waiting for this since Versus' announcement and yeah, it delivered. Very emotive and the story reduced me to tears. Nyx is a great character and it really drives home how much hope and desperation rests on Noctis' shoulders. "Everything for the Future King", indeed.

-Way too amazing. Stunningly beautiful world and effects, the sunrise scenes in particular. The OST delivered too: powerful and dynamic, but also beautiful. Spent the whole credits crying. The OST was giving me constant goosebumps, but the peak was probably the party scene, accompanied by haunting Somnus. For people who had been following the project since the Versus days, the whole thing hit like a truck."

Lol at the bolded part. XD
The film was shown in Japanese by the way and many, not just Harada, felt the voice actors didn't do as good of a job there. The English version with Lena Heady, Sean Bean, and Aaron Paul seems to be definitive version to watch.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Im really starting to have my doubts about XV... I recently realised that I don't even care much for it.

Like, story revealed so far doesn't interest me the characters don't interest me outside of Cindy and the Dragoon Knight, and worst of all I'm really anxious about the gameplay.

I'm honestly really questioning why I have it preordered :/

This is nowhere near as hype as VII Remake, Persona 5 or even Tales of Berseria
These are pretty much my feelings about XV but I didn't preorder and dislike Cindy :p

Argentus

Final Fantasy IV's Cain Highwind announced for Dissidia:

Wasn't he already in those games?

Well I still have 2 months to come to a definite decision. But, atm I'm leaning towards just waiting for a price drop or PSN sale

I've only played 9, 10, and 13, but they pulled me in because they looked amazing and interesting. (played the everliving crap out of the demo for 8 way back when though)

There's literally nothing interesting about this new one except that the mechanic girl is hot, and the actual combat.

Argentus

This was one of the few things that grabbed my interest with XV

tumblr_nsq7pbDgfH1t6xtc8o2_r1_540.gif

This was another

tumblr_nli13p0Cr21slxtnfo5_250.gif

first is a classic FF Monster been around forever.

Second though, points for being the only man among the boys.

Minus points for him apparently being the japanese version of a gay man when he's hetero as fuck by western standards.

I mean I kinda get it? Male masculinity is "by men for men" so I kinda get the japanese thoughts of "manly equals gay" but.....I mean maybe that's just me trying to justify their logic?

Either way as a straight man I'd hit that in a heartbeat.

To clarify I mean both pics.

Chapstick

first is a classic FF Monster been around forever.
I'm aware lol malboros are my favorite recurring monster. Seeing one look that dangerous, terrifying, huge, and detailed in these graphics was awesome.
Minus points for him apparently being the japanese version of a gay man when he's hetero as fuck by western standards.
Idk about that I remember him being the only one trying to hit on Cindy in duscae. Unless you just mean his design

Jadeinchains

If classic FF enemy's are returning then I hope tonberrys are in since we already know Malboro and Cactaur is. Also gladios looks wise is probably #1 for male FF characters imo. From what I've seen of the game it looks amazing though and the o my thing I have a problem with is that I was terrible at the combat in the demo so I hope I'm good in the final game release.

Nikotsumi

That Malboro looks disgustingly good and I don't even wanna think how Great Malboro would look like (if there is one) xD
Since this monster is in, I wonder if they added Ochu as well.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Idk about that I remember him being the only one trying to hit on Cindy in duscae. Unless you just mean his design
Prompto was hitting on her too. Though a lot more clumsily.

But I think what Argentus means and what I discussed some time ago in the sexualization thread with someone: Gladio's design is imo actually not that far away from Cindy's regarding sexualization. He's practically her male equivalent. He's depicted über-masculine in all his traits. Very tall, very muscular, facial hair, tanned, tattoos, scars, deep and rough voice, alpha male behavior. His clothing is sexualized too, all in black leather with chains and studs and is shirt being open of course. He's basically one of those stereotypical gay bikers:

f588bf6d6622448eb4498d1727a0e078.jpg

Gladio and Cindy I find both almost comically over-sexualized.

Lol, I actually came to post something entirely different XD There was a panel about FFXV's tech and graphics and there were some new interesting videos and pics...

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yet nobody complains about gladio being sexualized, only Cindy

Just like Capcom was so keen to adopt Hot Ryu...while at the same time censo...I mean editing the females' costumes. Not just before they released but even afterwards, sneakily in patches.
Among other reasons I think it has to do with it being politically correct to criticize straight males as they are seen as the dominant majority but it is not politically correct to criticize gay males or women since they are seen as the surpressed minority. Since Hot Ryu and Gladio are there to cater to gay men and women and supposedly straight males pose as the object, that's seen as perfectly fine, even progressive and as a contribution to equality. ;)

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Prompto was hitting on her too. Though a lot more clumsily.

But I think what Argentus means and what I discussed some time ago in the sexualization thread with someone: Gladio's design is imo actually not that far away from Cindy's regarding sexualization. He's practically her male equivalent. He's depicted über-masculine in all his traits. Very tall, very muscular, facial hair, tanned, tattoos, scars, deep and rough voice, alpha male behavior. His clothing is sexualized too, all in black leather with chains and studs and is shirt being open of course. He's basically one of those stereotypical gay bikers:

f588bf6d6622448eb4498d1727a0e078.jpg

Gladio and Cindy I find both almost comically over-sexualized.

Lol, I actually came to post something entirely different XD There was a panel about FFXV's tech and graphics and there were some new interesting videos and pics...

Yeah their both sexualized to the point that I don't think you can point to one as more than the other its just that they are in different ways.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, glad you posted... ;) Now I can post some new cool stuff that was shown on a panel about tech and graphics.

First of all:

rCqEGsQ.gif

Woooow! O: I've been waiting for something gigantic as this. I was always looking a bit jealous over to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Though this adamantoise tops everything. Just look at the size. Noctis is about as big as it's pupil:

CoWl_tuUMAAVEle.jpg

Also, Noctis is finally confirmed to be able to swim in the final game:

28297783270_cb04666115_o.jpg

Some of the varied and beautiful open-world landscapes we will be able to freely explore:

27966376243_8f165506b5_o.jpg

Some cloud types and weather effects:

28549015276_9f0203118a_o.jpg

28503549801_d44848450a_o.jpg

Last but not least dynamic light shafts:

giphy.gif

Jadeinchains

OMG!! The adamantoise is insane with just how big it is, I thought the ones in XIII were already big but this is amazing! I'm happy we'll be able to swim since that will make it feel so much more open.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD