Final Fantasy Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hey, ill keep an open mind.

When you guys finish the game *cough* @Jadeinchains *cough* I'll be happy to read your guys thoughts and/or spoilers to see if the story does get good.

Might even make me pick up the game, these are just my current feelings on the game so far. They're subject to change.

Chapstick

I just woke up so I'll weigh in on Cindy and Gladio- give Gladio tighter pants that hug his butt and legs better and I guess I'll admit they're on the same level.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
giphy.gif

ffxvycko1.gif

ffxv1wyktg.gif

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Lol, "Passenger Physics" didn't do anything with that bump.

I'm in for the story, so count me in for that. Always been a fan of story based games. Most of my collection tend to be rpgs with long stories or a series with good stories (Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Kingdom Hearts, etc.).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm still so on the fence on wether to preorder or not. Will it be my Witcher 3 panacea?

As much as I'm hyped for FFXV...I also don't know if it will ease my Witcher 3 longing. :/ Both may be RPG's and both may be set in big open-worlds...but I do think they still go for pretty different RPG approaches. The way the world is build, the kind of story that is told and the way you are questing... The battle system and customization is obviously very different too. Episode Duscae felt pretty different from The Witcher 3. Did you play Duscae? It's probably better to not expect a Witcher 3-like game and it is probably not good to directly measure it on The Witcher 3...
But you should have enough time to preorder. Normally you can preorder until the day before release, right? Maybe on Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show there will be something that really sells you on the game. I hope for some more awesome information or a really hype final trailer. (Since Nomura left I wasn't impressed by any of the trailers...) I still haven't preordered it either actually, though I sure as hell will eventually. ;)

Lol, that gif is so funny and adorable:

J7J2wfi.gif

Nikotsumi

Malboro trying to chew Noctis is hilarious and weird at the same time with this kind of graphics, the last time I saw it trying to eat someone was in FFX.
Anyway Noctis, you better take a shower after that.
Lol, that gif is so funny and adorable:

J7J2wfi.gif
OMG a mini Malboro :eek:
It's kinda cute xD

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You only just found out about that? lol its been like that the entire time.

American Express collaboration was just revealed a couple of days before though.

Here in full HD glory:

FFXV_AmericanExpress1.jpg

There's also Coleman (US camping products):

idlbL6Y.png

Audi (German automobile company):

Video-2017-Audi-R8-is-a-digital-star-in-the-Final-Fantasy-XV-movie-1024x513.png

And Roen (Japanese fashion house), duh!

e1mkjvln41scq3puq4r5.jpg

It does annoy me too, actually. And at least American Express with "American" in the name seems absolutely stupid, because that implies America would exist in the world of Eos. Couldn't it be Visa or Master Card?

UpSideDownGRUNT

I was mostly referring to the product placement in general.

They're trying to hard to impress it seems to me, unless these company endorsements are helping out with the development of the game then all of these are just useless and just wasted marketing ploys.

Jadeinchains

None of the product placement annoyed me because they had the ability to fit into the world somehow in dsome canon way but American Express just can't.

SilverForte

American Express got a good laugh out of me.

I don't really mind the product placement. Its a bit stupid but its good for a laugh.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It might be hard to believe...but Final Fantasy XV is actually finished (minus a few tweaks here and there) and was already completely played through by people. O: Now it received it's advisory age ratings in several regions.

PEGI (EU): 16
ESRB (US): Teen
CERO (Japan): C
Australia: M

Nikotsumi

Considering only 2 months are left before its release, I'm not suprised to hear that the game is already finished, can't wait to play it xD
Finally, I decided to not get the vomit cover Deluxe Edition, and just preordered the standard one. I was interested in Noctis' outfit and Kingslaive, but I'll get them separately, I don't mind owning the movie in a digital form.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD