Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

NICKI MINAJ,

Who? Anyway yeah lol It was funny but we shouldn't go too off topic, I'm just excited that we are actually seeing things for the new episodes, I'm ready for them whenever they come out, I guess Ignis' is coming out last based on them not showing anything from it... I wonder If that means we won't get it until near the end of the year?! Hopefully not. Gladio's and Prompto's will at least hold us over until then. And on screenshots I'm sure Tyaren still wants a better camera mode?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
...but I might just ask @Tyaren

Post the pic in here and I'll see if I find the picture without it.

And on screenshots I'm sure Tyaren still wants a better camera mode?

Yeah, the current "camera mode" is completely useless...as I might have mentioned a couple of times. ;) It ruins the image quality by shrinking it and by compressing it and it does not apply the additional PS4 Pro enhancements (better antialiasing, texture filtering and foliage) for some reason.

Last edited:

Chapstick

View attachment 22512
/:-O You didn't just insult my original OG Fighting game queen! XD Lili's outfit is better rof course, it speaks volumes and has symbolism with every detail..I'll even EXPLAIN the outfit if you want me to!
15663691906_1ec85e43b4.jpg

If this was added in T7 I'd never customize Lili again besides her hair underneath the veil XD. Fran got the wrong shit on this outfit, it literally speaks to me...should be her default imo. I love the chains, bustier and asymmetrical chaps, chains, the heels and my favorite...the veil! ♡.♡
Didn't you say Fran's had too much going on? :confused:

The japanese really took their wedding outfit fetish too far with this one. I'm surprised they stuck it in Tekken instead of Soul Calibur, it has more of a SC vibe to me. Like this is what Ivy would wear if she got married. Tell me, what does the underboob symbolize? Her free spirit? :p

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The japanese really took their wedding outfit fetish too far with this one. I'm surprised they stuck it in Tekken instead of Soul Calibur, it has more of a SC vibe to me. Like this is what Ivy would wear if she got married. Tell me, what does the underboob symbolize? Her free spirit? :p

To be frank, it's also just fugly. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Didn't you say Fran's had too much going on? :confused:

Nooooo, the chains broken represent her freedom in fighting but how she's still expected to act a certain way her father wants. The veil and covered arm and heel with the asymmetrical pieces of cloth represent her efforts to hide her true self from her father while still showing elegance ando grace, the long exaggerated veil symbolizes the large amount of effort it takes. The revealing cut outs represent freedom and being able to be yourself, but it also is darker in hindsight....it also represents the defilement and corruption her captors caused her since they awakened her fighting spirit to begin with, the chain also represents this in spade. The tiara underneath shows her status as an heiress and socialite and the recurring lace and ribbon in the certain areas accentuate the beauty and elegance of the outfit as a whole. Once you main Lili and see what she's gone through and look at her beautiful style and effort she must put in to win, you'll see the symbolism yourself.
Post the pic in here and I'll see if I find the picture without it.

Yeah, the current "camera mode" is completely useless...as I might have mentioned a couple of times. ;) It ruins the image quality by shrinking it and by compressing it and it does not apply the additional PS4 Pro enhancements (better antialiasing, texture filtering and foliage) for some reason.
>.>
604a6c722e54723fb86caa15db20904e.jpg

I can't find the no stamp one anywhere, I looked literally all yesterday :-/ I'd be forever grateful if you could find it. And the outfit ain't fugly, it's BEAUTIFUL! ♡.♡ A masterpiece!~

Chapstick

16425786_10155073239416812_8246022632967693086_n.jpg

Continue? (Arby's)
Nooooo, the chains broken represent her freedom in fighting but how she's still expected to act a certain way her father wants. The veil and covered arm and heel with the asymmetrical pieces of cloth represent her efforts to hide her true self from her father while still showing elegance ando grace, the long exaggerated veil symbolizes the large amount of effort it takes. The revealing cut outs represent freedom and being able to be yourself, but it also is darker in hindsight....it also represents the defilement and corruption her captors caused her since they awakened her fighting spirit to begin with, the chain also represents this in spade. The tiara underneath shows her status as an heiress and socialite and the recurring lace and ribbon in the certain areas accentuate the beauty and elegance of the outfit as a whole. Once you main Lili and see what she's gone through and look at her beautiful style and effort she must put in to win, you'll see the symbolism yourself.
Unless they explained this themselves I'm almost positive they didn't put that much thought into it.

Fran's design is part ethereal because she's a rabbit person from a village hidden deep in the woods and part edge because she left her people and became a sky pirate. Of course part of it is for fan service but take a look again at that Lili outfit and tell me that isn't.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Unless they explained this themselves I'm almost positive they didn't put that much thought into it.

Fran's design is part ethereal because she's a rabbit person from a village hidden deep in the woods and part edge because she left her people and became a sky pirate. Of course part of it is for fan service but take a look again at that Lili outfit and tell me that isn't.
It isn't fanservice imo, I see it as a work of art and some fashions have to he revealing to get their point across. The artist who was asked to draw a costume for her was likely aware of her story and background otherwise it would've been something totally out of her style. I can understand if you don't see the sophistication tho, not everyone sees the same thing XD

Fran is OK but her outfit isnt, I still feel like it's kinda forced, and not the good way either like say Phase 4's LR design outfit, that one also has symbolism and tells a story imo. Ngl, I like her rabbit ears tho, they're cute. :p

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Fran's pretty alright and Vaan is somewhat alright, neutral. The most popular character in FFXII is that guy Balthier though. So many images of him scattered across the net when the game was released and the most talked-about character for that game. People were mentioning that if FFXII had a sequel they wanted him as a main character, but he's pretty alright too I guess.

Also glad to see Cor making a return for Gladio's episode DLC. He needs all the help he can get to defeat pseudo Gilgamesh (assuming he'll help him on that battle).

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It isn't fanservice imo, I see it as a work of art and some fashions have to he revealing to get their point across. The artist who was asked to draw a costume for her was likely aware of her story and background otherwise it would've been something totally out of her style.

Yeah...no... XD
That is Ito Ōgure's (known as Oh! great) style:

001dbc46.jpeg

1229530465_www.animebox.com.ua_58.jpg

1229530474_www.animebox.com.ua_21.jpg

He is well known for his lewd manga and designs.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah...no... XD
That is Ito Ōgure's (known as Oh! great) style:

001dbc46.jpeg

1229530465_www.animebox.com.ua_58.jpg

1229530474_www.animebox.com.ua_21.jpg

He is well known for his lewd manga and designs.
Oh I see. Well it's definitely elegant for a lewd design imo XD I still hope it'll return. And btw did you have any success with finding the no stamp version of "that" pic??

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do you guys think they'll show Noctis in DFF Arcade eventually? I watched some game play of the recent guy and I gotta say he's not as interesting as his appearance would suggest, he's too floaty imo.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Do you guys think they'll show Noctis in DFF Arcade eventually? I watched some game play of the recent guy and I gotta say he's not as interesting as his appearance would suggest, he's too floaty imo.

Oh they will. He'll likely be either a downloadable update or separate store content in the future all together since it's a vanilla build. Not just new characters, but many of the cast were cut out in general and will have to return down the line somewhere.

They said this will be the biggest one with the most characters, and since Dissidia is nearly there, it's safe to say that they are likely updating the game after release via bit by bit. (Or maybe he's actually in there as a locked character of some sorts or surprise...no one really knows, but I doubt it will stop just there.)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh they will. He'll likely be either a downloadable update or separate store content in the future all together since it's a vanilla build. Not just new characters, but many of the cast were cut out in general and will have to return down the line somewhere.

They said this will be the biggest one with the most characters, and since Dissidia is nearly there, It's safe to say that they are likely updating the game after release via bit by bit.
That sounds great, plus that's a good way to guarantee console sales in Japan by intentionally saving characters just for console, Japan is not really big on console ports since they have lots of arcades down there and are constantly on the go. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The upcoming FFXV Power Rangers suits are actually "Magitek Exosuits" and they will make you invincible.

C3ftkamWEAAcDNC.jpg:orig

I guess, Noctis is red, Gladio black, Ignis blue and Prompto yellow?

Considering the new game plus and these suits, it clearly doesn't cross Square Enix's mind that many players actually don't want the game to be even easier (Carbuncle in easy mode already makes sure you can't die) but more challenging. :/

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The upcoming FFXV Power Rangers suits are actually "Magitek Exosuits" and they will make you invincible.

C3ftkamWEAAcDNC.jpg:orig

I guess, Noctis is red, Gladio black, Ignis blue and Prompto yellow?

Considering the new game plus and these suits, it clearly doesn't cross Square Enix's mind that many players actually don't want the game to be even easier (Carbuncle in easy mode already makes sure you can't die) but more challenging. :/
Is there a way to know who's who?? 0_o I can't tell who's Noctis or anything XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is there a way to know who's who?? 0_o I can't tell who's Noctis or anything XD

Well, red is usually the leader, he also stands in the foreground here, so that is Noctis. Black seems to be Gladio as he seems to have the biggest frame, yellow is clearly Prompto with the exaggerated pose and that leaves blue for Ignis with a more dignified pose.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD