Final Fantasy Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
*crosses fingers* Just please don't announce another one of these "butch queen first time in drag at the ball" male main villains from the nes games! ( flame shield up )
Actually, Mateus had something non-elemental in mind... like Flare. Or Starfall. Or a big-ass Cyclone.

But seriously, we already got our main antagonists for FF1 and 2, so the chances of these so-called "butch queen first time in drag at the ball" male villains from the NES are 1 in 34. And if I remember correctly, Cloud of Darkness was arguably the main antagonist of FF3 repping the original Dissidia... though I could see Xande (who was initially believed to be the main antagonist) being thrown in the game later on.

Jadeinchains

Actually, Mateus had something non-elemental in mind... like Flare. Or Starfall. Or a big-ass Cyclone.

But seriously, we already got our main antagonists for FF1 and 2, so the chances of these so-called "butch queen first time in drag at the ball" male villains from the NES are 1 in 34. And if I remember correctly, Cloud of Darkness was arguably the main antagonist of FF3 repping the original Dissidia... though I could see Xande (who was initially believed to be the main antagonist) being thrown in the game later on.

I have phoenix downs on reserve just in case the flame shield fails, But no I just don't really like the previous villains of the series but yeah most of them have already got in so there's more chance of it being another character now to get in.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ehm...... FFX Yuna > everyone else.
Anyway, I think it's gonna be a villain again, don't know why but my guess is Ultimecia.

FFX Yuna sucked and I can for the life of me never understand why people liked her in that game other than because they are following popular opinion of FFX being the better game than X-2.

She was in absolute misery in that game, and at most times it was hard for me to watch and was necessary to the development of her happier and less prude version in the superior X-2.

Chapstick

FFX Yuna sucked and I can for the life of me never understand why people liked her in that game other than because they are following popular opinion of FFX being the better game than X-2.

She was in absolute misery in that game, and at most times it was hard for me to watch and was necessary to the development of her happier and less prude version in the superior X-2.
You really like trolling this thread

Nikotsumi

Yeah I know you like the X-2 one (I swear we already talked about this twice lol), but to each their own I guess, I still like the FFX Yuna way, way better and this doesn't mean I hate X-2, on the other hand, I really liked its battle system. Though yeah, overall I prefer X mainly for the story and more playable character (I'm really picky when it comes to this).

On another note, as a FF Type-0 fan, I'm really wondering whom there're gonna add beside Ace, that's it if they will. (obviously spoiler below)
I don't think it will be a villian, pretty sure the minor one -Cid- can't fight, and the game makes you think he's the only villain. The real main villain -Gala- would be really cool, but... he appears for like 5~ seconds and its not even named directly in the game (oh, hello bad storytelling). Can't think of anyone else who can take the role... the Rursan Arbiter is a no-no for obvious reasons.

If they're gonna choose from other playable characters, chances are high it'll be Machina and Rem, since you can't have one without the other, and I definitely wouldn't mind, though they wouldn't really bring anything new (daggers and dual drill-swords), what would make those two "interesting" and stand out are magic cancels (Rem) and "assault mode" + drill skills (Machina), hmm.... maybe add them l'Cie power [?]
Also, I know Deuce has very few chances (like the rest of Class Zero), but I'm really interested to see how she would play because you know... that flute. It's surely the "oddest" weapon in a FF game as far as I remember, but it worked out in Type-0, with its action based battle system (and it kinda breaks the game, don't mess with da flute) so I don't see why they couldn't find a way to make it work in Dissidia as well, especially now that it's a 3vs3, as she was also a great supporter/healer.
But after all, maybe the best choice would be to stick with Ace only, don't know lol.

Jadeinchains

I want them to release

Final Fantasy XII
Final Frantasy
It would be a game all about Fran's story and it would go more in depth to her and the world of Ivalice.

Personally for me I enjoyed FFX more than FFX-2 but to each their own. Also it was interesting to see her go through her struggles.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
FFX was simply a much better game overall. Bringing taste isn't really a definite answer on what truly makes a game good or not.

I like FF4 way more than FF7, but there is without a doubt on FF7 being a much better game. Unless you have those that are towards being a contrarian edgelord with popular opinions and tastes.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah It's like how I love FFXIII but I can understand why there's old school fans that would dislike it. I have to say though I don't know what I'd say I like more, FFXIII or FFX since there's different things I like from both, I enjoyed the characters in both of them as well. Also with Dissidia it seems to be at the point of character reveals where the side characters like party members are going to start getting revealed!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
FFX was simply a much better game overall. Bringing taste isn't really a definite answer on what truly makes a game good or not.

I like FF4 way more than FF7, but there is without a doubt on FF7 being a much better game. Unless you have those that are towards being a contrarian edgelord with popular opinions and tastes.
All the mainline FF games (not counting MMO titles) excel in at least one aspect.

FF1 - Setting the tone for its unique mythos.

FF2 - Password system, character driven storyline, Setting the basis for an entirely new IP called SaGa. Being the most arbitrarily difficult game in its original 8-bit version thanks to auto-targeting not being implemented in the series yet.

FF3 - Creation of the Job System and the first to bring an unappreciated but essential mechanic called Auto-Targeting, effectively washing away the major problem with FF1 and 2.

FF4 - Creation of the ATB system, an even further expanded character driven storyline, fixed jobs to capitalize on character individuality.

FF5 - Job System 2.0, first to introduce superbosses.

FF6 - First to ditch the usual trend of antagonists, first to implement Limit Breaks (though impractical and random), a Magicite System which allowed characters to not only learn spells, but even increase specific stats when equipped, player-made decisions actually effected what character you keep or lose later on in the game.

FF7 - Expands on the Magicite system with Materia that complements special commands and even temporary stat boosts, First to gain mainstream attention as well as use 3D rendered polygons to expand on the cinematic storytelling shown in previous titles. expanded on FF6's Limit Breaks through a meter.

FF8 - Unique Junction System which potentially eliminated the need for mandatory grinding (and potentially break the game), the first to use an original vocal song that won an official music award. One of the most speedrun-friendly games around.

FF9 - First FF game using 3D rendered polygons to go back to the series' NES and SNES roots, first to use the currently unique Active Time Event, an optional feature that allows the player to choose whether to see events happening elsewhere or to skip entirely, making it convenient for speedrunning.

FF10 - Possibly the most accessible in the series, giving a comprehensive tutorial on how spells and unique skills work, as well as a more beginner-friendly CTB system which allows you to not only anticipate the opponents' turn easily, but also control the pace of the battle freely without feeling pressured. Leveling system is replaced with something more visually interactive called the Sphere Grid, which levels specific stats instead of focusing on character levels.

FF12 - Eliminating random encounters by taking a more MMO-style approach, and introducing a Gambit system which automatically configures the actions of CPU-controlled players (and even your own) by order of set priorities. Similar to Grandia, except not really.

FF13 - Expands on the Auto-Battle system in traditional battle settings with a more streamlined, all-purpose Paradigm system. Enemies are given a stun meter to help control the pace of a battle while also providing a challenge by limiting stat growths per chapter.

FF15 - Can't comment on this just yet.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE MAJOR UPDATE:

Two words... "MEGAFLARE... BAHAMUT!" The Dragon King himself has just been confirmed as a new summon, with a trailer to follow shortly.

Also, Summoning in general has just become a lot easier to execute, making the flow of combat smoother.

Jadeinchains

I'm worried about you, Jade ol' buddy... don't do this to yourself. :(

The only way to set me free is for Fran to be included in Dissidia! So that probably means I'll never be since they hate Final Fantasy's resident playboy bunny for some reason...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The only way to set me free is for Fran to be included in Dissidia! So that probably means I'll never be since they hate Final Fantasy's resident playboy bunny for some reason...
Balthier and Fran are the only other two popular characters - save for one Judge Gabranth - that are still quite memorable in XII. Most of the existing characters in Opera Omnia that exist now have a very high chance of appearing in the PS4 version, if not in arcades.

If Galuf, Faris, Shadow, and muthafuckin' EIKO can make it in Opera Omnia, surely Fran has a ghost of a chance to at least make the playable roster for Dissidia PS4 on post-release.

Jadeinchains

I have to admit I just thought that it was a pipe dream to hope for Fran getting into Dissidia but this would be amazing If she really makes it! :D I'm happy to see other people are requesting her too. If she gets in then the odds of me getting this game will go up so much.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD