Final Fantasy Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
FFVII, FF Dissidia NT, extensions to FFXV, promising FFXII remaster, another remake other than VII

It seems like a fantastic time to be a Final Fantasy fan.

If you could see a Final Fantasy remade, which would you prefer? After some thought, I really wanted to see VI -- but I guess they probably would struggle a bit bringing it back... so I'm all for VIII getting this treatment. It has aged well, and while you can abuse magic junctions and stat growths the game starts off as quite misleading.

My first play was definitely a challenge. Even in my second play, battles tend to be lengthy and typically they are always fun and I feel involved whereas in VI and VII battles always end relatively fast. The triple triad, and side quests added to the replay value of the game. You can explore the map without being require to beat off random encounters.

The narrative is also an incredible experience; it's not only well written but Squall is perhaps one of the best characters in the history of the franchise. He's not nearly as complex as Sephiroth but he makes perfect sense -- you can relate to him before you will ever relate to Cloud or Noctis.

Just please don't be XIII.

Jadeinchains

Its the 9th of June, I'm surprised they haven't shown anything of the Prompto episode yet. Unless they delay it...

And yeah out of all the past FF's the one I think would best suit a remake would be FFVIII. I don't know much about any of the ps1 era ones though.

HajinMonSect

FFVII, FF Dissidia NT, extensions to FFXV, promising FFXII remaster, another remake other than VII

It seems like a fantastic time to be a Final Fantasy fan.

If you could see a Final Fantasy remade, which would you prefer? After some thought, I really wanted to see VI -- but I guess they probably would struggle a bit bringing it back... so I'm all for VIII getting this treatment. It has aged well, and while you can abuse magic junctions and stat growths the game starts off as quite misleading.

My first play was definitely a challenge. Even in my second play, battles tend to be lengthy and typically they are always fun and I feel involved whereas in VI and VII battles always end relatively fast. The triple triad, and side quests added to the replay value of the game. You can explore the map without being require to beat off random encounters.

The narrative is also an incredible experience; it's not only well written but Squall is perhaps one of the best characters in the history of the franchise. He's not nearly as complex as Sephiroth but he makes perfect sense -- you can relate to him before you will ever relate to Cloud or Noctis.

Just please don't be XIII.

Honestly I would be happier with a new FF announced, something that looked like Agnis and given a mid 2018 release date over all of that.

I'm not a remake or rerelease fan so I dont really need any. Although I do disagree with a lot of your points on FF8, if Square haves to go back and revisit another FF, I would like a sequel FF8. The world is definitely worth revisiting and I would like to see Sorceress Rinoa take center stage.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Yes, please! This game with its medievil-fantasy setting would be more than gorgeous to see this generation. I miss the time when Final Fantasy was actually all about traditional fantasy.
wym this series has always been a perfect blend of sci-fi and "traditional fantasy" tho

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
19029720_1667181913316561_327620861204559911_n.jpg

Nikotsumi

Nope, it feels empty because Yuna is missing. *gets shot*

Anyway, a couple of news for FFXV :
-Episode Prompto will come out at the end of this month (called it), the exact date will probably be announced at E3.
-There will be a new update as well, which features the Regalia Type-D (it allows you to travel off-road, meh) and the silly but awesome Cup Noodle style/hat for Noctis. I see best costume right here.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I wished they would actually create some cool costume sets. I'd totally buy them instead of those super silly costumes...even if they are free. :/
I'm also not so sure about off-road Regalia:

g1MGUun.jpg

I want to believe that the Regalia, the way it was implemented in the game at release, was perfectly balanced for the game. Just being able to drive where and over everything you want messes that balance completely up. And it looks stupid.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Honestly I would be happier with a new FF announced, something that looked like Agnis and given a mid 2018 release date over all of that.

I'm not a remake or rerelease fan so I dont really need any. Although I do disagree with a lot of your points on FF8, if Square haves to go back and revisit another FF, I would like a sequel FF8. The world is definitely worth revisiting and I would like to see Sorceress Rinoa take center stage.

Well I disagree with you about a sequel. Too much time with FFVII remake. I think that the story did a good job of wrapping itself up, and there are a few good theories out there that could even add an alternative ending. Maybe that Squall really is dead, or that Rinoa is Ultimecia.

IX is also a good choice (though I think VIII and VI are better games) but I do find a majority of the party characters to be absolute crap. I mean seriously who choose rat tail over Squall? It's insane how overrated that game is.

HajinMonSect

Are people still really holding on to those silly kid theories? They were fun like 15 yrs ago but most fans just had to face that the theories were only created to make a very weak story more creative.

Also the story was not wrapped up at all. They just beat Ultimecia and barely returned to the past. Rinoa still inherited the sorceress powers, soceress were still considered bad and the world was still in strife (cloud strife err a). I would like to see Rinoa grow. See how she handles being hated for nothing and how long she can try to maintain her perkiness and over all this. I would like to see Squall become her knight and be faced with defending her and being by her side even if the world was against her like what he stated in the game. I would like the origin of the sorceress powers and Ellones too, to be explained. I would like to see Rinoa powers spread and infect people creating new sorceress in turn creating new people able to use magic without Guardian Forces. Etc etc.

Xhominid The Demon Within

IX is also a good choice (though I think VIII and VI are better games) but I do find a majority of the party characters to be absolute crap. I mean seriously who choose rat tail over Squall? It's insane how overrated that game is.

Well fuck you too buddy. I find that Squall is a goddamned plank of wood compared to Zidane and it took SPINOFF games to make Squall interesting. Being an introvert myself, I find Squall to be a terrible representation period.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Are people still really holding on to those silly kid theories? They were fun like 15 yrs ago but most fans just had to face that the theories were only created to make a very weak story more creative.

Also the story was not wrapped up at all. They just beat Ultimecia and barely returned to the past. Rinoa still inherited the sorceress powers, soceress were still considered bad and the world was still in strife (cloud strife err a). I would like to see Rinoa grow. See how she handles being hated for nothing and how long she can try to maintain her perkiness and over all this. I would like to see Squall become her knight and be faced with defending her and being by her side even if the world was against her like what he stated in the game. I would like the origin of the sorceress powers and Ellones too, to be explained. I would like to see Rinoa powers spread and infect people creating new sorceress in turn creating new people able to use magic without Guardian Forces. Etc etc.

I don't know if people are holding on to them... I just think that if you wanted a darker ending that could be a satisfying alternative. The story had a happy ending to me, and while I would happily play a sequel (too me it doesn't make much sense) I'm hoping for a remake of VIII because I loved everything about the game and a lot of the scenes would look even more incredible today.

Well fuck you too buddy. I find that Squall is a goddamned plank of wood compared to Zidane and it took SPINOFF games to make Squall interesting. Being an introvert myself, I find Squall to be a terrible representation period.

How was he a terrible representation? A lot of his thoughts made sense to me. Maybe you aren't an introvert. You certainly don't seem like one. A true introvert wouldn't broadcast it to get attention or use it as some sort of weird validation because they would keep it to themselves.

Also I don't like characters that look unisex. I struggled whether or not I could name myself after that thing my first play. :p And then the cast proceeds to disturb me further. You have a wacked out chef, a red haired thing and a bunch of other irrelevant characters. I laughed hysterically when Vivi's friends were destroyed.

Xhominid The Demon Within

How was he a terrible representation? A lot of his thoughts made sense to me. Maybe you aren't an introvert. You certainly don't seem like one. A true introvert wouldn't broadcast it to get attention or use it as some sort of weird validation because they would keep it to themselves.

How the hell would you know that I'm not an introvert? That doesn't even make sense since I made peace with myself and I know exactly who I am.

Also I don't like characters that look unisex. I struggled whether or not I could name myself after that thing my first play. :p And then the cast proceeds to disturb me further. You have a wacked out chef, a red haired thing and a bunch of other irrelevant characters. I laughed hysterically when Vivi's friends were destroyed.

...Yeah I'm gonna leave you with those thoughts...
Not like the orphanage scene made any sense at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD