Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

Yuna feels very attacked about not getting invited to this promo shot.

And so does Fran

Nope, it feels empty because Yuna is missing. *gets shot*

Anyway, a couple of news for FFXV :
-Episode Prompto will come out at the end of this month (called it), the exact date will probably be announced at E3.
-There will be a new update as well, which features the Regalia Type-D (it allows you to travel off-road, meh) and the silly but awesome Cup Noodle style/hat for Noctis. I see best costume right here.

I wished they would actually create some cool costume sets. I'd totally buy them instead of those super silly costumes...even if they are free. :/
I'm also not so sure about off-road Regalia:

g1MGUun.jpg

I want to believe that the Regalia, the way it was implemented in the game at release, was perfectly balanced for the game. Just being able to drive where and over everything you want messes that balance completely up. And it looks stupid.

Lol oh course the Prompto dlc is at the very end of the month! X< And here I was hoping we'd maybe get a 6th of June release date or something. Nope. And I mean the car will probably mess up the balance of Car versus Chocobo but I guess their trying new stuff. Looks interesting, At least you can get places faster then.

Noctis - " Hey can I drive offroad Ignis! :D"

Ignis - "... Okay Noctis but be careful..."

*five seconds later*

giphy.gif

HHH816

i'm curious on how they can change the tires, like transformers? change @ hammerhead?

or totally a new vehicle

Jadeinchains

Omg! :eek: I wasn't expecting anything about KH3 this year but this is awesome! So they will be showing a new world in July. It's looking great so far!

Nikotsumi

Yeah, I was about to post it lol.
The battle system looks like it's based on the Aqua prologue, and it looks really cool. Literally can't wait to play this game. It also look like guest party members no longer replace Donald/Goofy.
That last scene with Xemnas/Ansem though.... damn it!!!!

Also wanted to share my thoughts on the visual, but maybe it's better for me to post them on the art style and graphics thread.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
New Kingdom Hearts III trailer!

Well, pretty much exactly what I expected:

- Repetitive crap, 90% of everything we see looks like it came out of the second game.

- The people that get into this will more than likely be the boo hoo fanboys that were disappointing with FFXV cause they spent too much of their life following it, and they cry but probably didn't even finish VIII and XIII was your first game.

080809.jpg

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Sorry but this must be the first time I 100% disagree with you.
Well, pretty much exactly what I expected:

- Repetitive crap, 90% of everything we see looks like it came out of the second game.
Ehm..... what?
If you mind to explain what of that 90% looks like it came out from the second game, otherwise I think I'm blind or something.
It may look like it, but there's literally nothing from KH2, that's it if you don't count characters.
Olympus Coliseum world was already confirmed and is known to appear in every game, but those are all completely new areas. Or maybe you mean the outside of the mansion in Twilight Town? But that's not 90% of "repetitive crap".

As for the combat, again there's literally nothing from KH2. It is an improvement of the BBS prologue chapter (which was based on BBS battle system), hence the NEW additions, and I noticed that the Flowmotion mechanic from Dream Drop Distance is back. You could argue that at the core it plays the same as KH2, but you could say that with every KH game as well as the first 10 FF's.
I'd say it looks like it plays like Aqua in the prologue chapter AT MOST.
If it's just the KH battle system in general that looks repetitive to you it's fine, it just means that it's not a game you'll like.
- The people that get into this will more than likely be the boo hoo fanboys that were disappointing with FFXV cause they spent too much of their life following it, and they cry but probably didn't even finish VIII and XIII was your first game.

080809.jpg
Well, I'll get into this and even though FFXV disappointed me, I quite enjoyed it. FFXIII was not my first game and I finished VIII countless times, but more importantly what does that even mean?
How does a preference to certain FF games influence which non-FF games (in this case KH3) someone chooses to play?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Over in the graphics thread is PS4 gameplay of Dissidia. :) Looks good. I hope they shrink the HUD though for the final release. XD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well, I'll get into this and even though FFXV disappointed me, I quite enjoyed it. FFXIII was not my first game and I finished VIII countless times, but more importantly what does that even mean?
How does a preference to certain FF games influence which non-FF games (in this case KH3) someone chooses to play?

If you played XIII or XV and no other FF (I know some newer FF players to have played X though) the impact of those games will be less obvious making them more privy to a game like KH where you just mash the same button over and over again.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
FF15 KING OF THE DEEP??

fishing game with VR

This is what I get for starting trends. I know what will bring in money -- then I talk about it and it happens.

I am now going through more pain because well what do I really need to say. After all of these years of neglect you believe and then you get kicked in the face for it. Sony's Spiderman main event can die in a fire.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD