Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Play Arts Kai announced Aranea figure! https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/872291790006530048

tumblr_or5t1kAoQZ1u6i0ico1_1280.jpg

tumblr_or5t1kAoQZ1u6i0ico2_1280.jpg

tumblr_or5t1kAoQZ1u6i0ico3_1280.jpg

@Project Bokuho right now:

dancing-warriors-mom.gif

and @UpSideDownGRUNT:
8hzCcSa.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
OMG, this is totally worth a double post! O:

Dissidia for PS4 leaked on Amazon.com:
https://www.amazon.com/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-Nt-PlayStation-4/dp/B071G3JVFB?tag=viglink20241-20

egihhlu.jpg

About the product
Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want - Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
The return from Eos - Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
Your fantasy. Your fight - Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion - from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
Only the brave survive - The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill

Noctis is confirmed and probably the character that is going to be revealed in the next big update! :)

Product description
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT introduces squad-based battle gameplay by allowing you to wage war with over 20 of your favorite Final Fantasy characters. Combining unparalleled visuals, seamless gameplay, and your favorite characters from the past 30 years of the franchise, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT welcomes all gamers with 3 vs. 3 battles and the series renowned “bravery combat system”. While aiming for supremacy, call forth familiar summons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin to aid you and your party! Square Enix is collaborating with Team Ninja, one of the world's leading developers in the fighting game genre, to bring Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to life.

Release is apparently this December/early 2018.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm too broke for figures, but if I wasn't I'd buy a Lightning one and Aranea and make them hug

I'm calling fake on the Amazon listing

Jadeinchains

Yes! Finally lol after all that waiting we have a release date. And cool to see Noctis is there, I think everyone expected him though. Can't wait to see more from it.

Probably for the best they released it at "over 20" instead of the 50 they were going for or we'd be here until 2024 or something. Wonder if they'll still aim for 50 though?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^The only thing that can top this is a follow-up reveal of Cloud of Darkness... but I don't think they'll overwhelm us that much... can they?

EDIT: 3 new stages and 8 characters by December 2017? Okay.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Lol finally, I think it will be officially announced at E3 though. This is the game that will make me buy a PS4.
edit : nervermind

Wouldn't be suprised now with a Cloud of Darkness announcement.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They just announced it for PS4. :) Here's the trailer:

Hayashi of Team Ninja is on the stage, lol. Probably to announce the Soft Engine coming to Dissidia. XD

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yes! Finally lol after all that waiting we have a release date. And cool to see Noctis is there, I think everyone expected him though. Can't wait to see more from it.

Probably for the best they released it at "over 20" instead of the 50 they were going for or we'd be here until 2024 or something. Wonder if they'll still aim for 50 though?

It's the vanilla build for consoles. You will probably see more characters added to the raw game within the months+years to increase the roster limit.

Overall, it was about time for the game to be officially announced for consoles now.

d3v

From Gematsu
  • NT” means various things, including “New Tale,” “New Trial,” and “New Tournament.”
  • There is no “Story Mode.” It is mainly a fighting game based on the arcade version. But the PlayStation 4 version will have a story that is not present in the arcade version, which you will be able to experience through event scenes.
  • It won’t be necessary to fight against other players. You will be able to experience a single story no matter how you play.
  • The game has the same basic three-versus-three party battle system as the arcade version, but there are also PlayStation 4-only original systems. This includes additional battle rules, an offline single-player mode, and a mode to create rooms that only friends can join.
  • The arcade version will continue to receive updates first.
  • Arcade users and PlayStation 4 users won’t be able to fight against each other.
  • They’re investigating letting arcade users carry over a certain level of data.
  • The game will be playable at E3 2017 from June 13 to 15.
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-announced-ps4

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm too broke for figures, but if I wasn't I'd buy a Lightning one and Aranea and make them hug

I'm calling fake on the Amazon listing
Stahp buying Persona junk :p

They just announced it for PS4. :) Here's the trailer:

Hayashi of Team Ninja is on the stage, lol. Probably to announce the Soft Engine coming to Dissidia. XD
Early 2018 my as--oh wait, Nomura's not in charge l0l

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD