Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Loving the beta, unfortunately there can be random disconnects with players along with drops of FPS from time to time. I mean it's just the beta so this is expected to happen. I didn't get my hopes up for clean fluid gameplay but overall, I am enjoying it. Rank B with Vaan and C with Cecil. (I didn't want to play Vaan but he's surprisingly more fun on this than his other version. Cecil is one of my favorite heroes but going so-so with him. None of the villains are playable.)

So the thing with the game (sounds like it can be brutal) is that you can't just pick any character team you want (well you have no choice anyway). If you are taking it into heavy play, you have to assert proper teams based on their roles. If you play a game with 3 Assassins roles you might not make it far against Vanguards (except with the AI since they are not very strong). @Katsu Hayami was writing guides for each character from what I saw on FB.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also..................................

Kenny Crow is back with a vengeance for not being a playable character.
DIAqobwXkAEt9um.jpg

Chapstick

Wait you have the beta too! >:[ Okay I know I didn't even try to get a code but lol I thought you weren't interested in the game?
87a750151e79ff97faa2f2479cb1fa8e7719cd58_hq.gif

But yeah I wasn't particularly interested in dissidia (never played previous ones and what I've seen of this one's gameplay hasn't interested me) but a friend gave me a code lol

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Raitoningu jouou-sama in all her jaggy glory:

36006202023_7f13e310eb_o.png

36815400435_390185091e_o.png

This game needs anti aliasing. :/ At least on PS4 Pro, pureezu!

You are silly. I don't even see it. Then again I played games on PS2 so it's almost impossible for me to complain about any of that now.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I can tell you this much, this Dissidia so far is much better than the previous ones. It lacks the one vs one but it seems 3vs3 is the main thing now (eh...ah well, neutral at the moment). I just wish the game will have a good story, that is my main thing at the moment then I'll end up focusing on the gameplay after.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wait you have the beta too! >:[ Okay I know I didn't even try to get a code but lol I thought you weren't interested in the game? But yeah the UI needs to be adjusted.

Turns out you are the only one left out of the incredible fun we all have. Oh, aren't we all having such a wonderful time with the beta?!

7f0be09e79c982c9208ad0b6bc55e852825b29bf_hq.gif

TcRpzIx.jpg
I think we've all played PS2 games tbh

6f410a580c668ae0011ea85fd23b93e9.jpg

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Ugh...to think how much we got in Dissidia and the second one doubled the content.
I wouldn't say doubled. It acted more like an expansion (I mean, it had the entirety of the first game in it and added on to it more than being a prequel/sequel).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dissidia is going to be running for years too and even Redbull is paying them? I seriously believe Dissidia is going to have like 4 Season Passes with characters and stages. Game might get more than 40 characters.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
TcRpzIx.jpg

I think we've all played PS2 games tbh

Well now it's obvious since it's zoomed in, but I don't notice it while I am playing; barely notice it in the original picture. If anything the lack of voice lines are bothering me. The Final Fantasy XI thing likes to talk about the swine over and over again. Like how Prompto laughs like an idiot constantly in the monster regalia.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That's Noctis laughing in the Regalia actually lololol.

Did they also change Squall's VA or am I not in touch? he sounds edgy as fuck. More than ever actually.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Dissidia is going to be running for years too and even Redbull is paying them? I seriously believe Dissidia is going to have like 4 Season Passes with characters and stages. Game might get more than 40 characters.
I believe the plan is to get around 50 characters.

I'm hoping after villains they start adding other party members and stuff I'd like to see Tifa, Serah/Fang, Aranea, Seven, Lulu, Rinoa etc.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I can't get used to O being jump and R1 not being block. I really hope we can change buttons in the final game.

TN and Square already said they want 50 characters in the game by the time they "finish" with it's support. I know I'm game for trying to go big with this game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I believe the plan is to get around 50 characters.

I'm hoping after villains they start adding other party members and stuff I'd like to see Tifa, Serah/Fang, Aranea, Seven, Lulu, Rinoa etc.

lololol.PNG

Grunt you are so lucky. Soon as I hit reply it was already fixed.

Me: Sees hilarious typo of Tifa into FIFA (was gonna photoshop Tifa on the cover of a FIFA sports game).

Grunt: HNNG! "Fixes typo in a flash like anime movement"

Me: Nani?!

UpSideDownGRUNT

We need some spin off games too like X-2, X-2 Yuna, Rikku and Paine would actually make a good Dissidia team.

Yuna as Marksman, Paine as Vanguard and Rikku as Assassin, also Chocobocolina hype

EDIT: yeah... My phone auto corrects Tifa to FIFA every single time.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Cecil's Dark/Holy Flame is legit.

Overall it's a limited range HP attack but in Paladin form it appears under your target (and heals Cecil on hit, I see it's supposed to heal allies but I guess they need to be standing in the aoe?), in Dark Knight form it acts like it's old self and shoots to the target from Cecil but costs HP to use.

Luminous Blast is alright, Dark Blast I would argue is better because it tracks better (but is slower) and has a huge hitbox.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
View attachment 23935

Grunt you are so lucky. Soon as I hit reply it was already fixed.

Me: Sees hilarious typo of Tifa into FIFA (was gonna photoshop Tifa on the cover of a FIFA sports game).

Grunt: HNNG! "Fixes typo in a flash like anime movement"

Me: Nani?!

Seeing the dark version of FSD seems so foreign and strange to me. Like a completely different site/place. O:

Jadeinchains

87a750151e79ff97faa2f2479cb1fa8e7719cd58_hq.gif

But yeah I wasn't particularly interested in dissidia (never played previous ones and what I've seen of this one's gameplay hasn't interested me) but a friend gave me a code lol
Turns out you are the only one left out of the incredible fun we all have. Oh, aren't we all having such a wonderful time with the beta?!

7f0be09e79c982c9208ad0b6bc55e852825b29bf_hq.gif

6f410a580c668ae0011ea85fd23b93e9.jpg

...I'm gonna turn into Britney Spears circa 2007 now cause of this now let's get one thing straight! I don't have a beta code I've never had a beta code If I wanted a beta code Yes I probably could go out and get one because I am what!? SICKENING!...

giphy.gif

Also the spelling errors are giving me flashbacks to my tablet autocorrected Yuna to Tuna everytime smh.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I can see Yuna returning. The others? depends on Square I guess. You also have to remember that villains might also take a spot. For all we know, it can be 3 heroes and 3 villains. Characters such as Seifer and Beatrix is a must as they were also heavily requested. Tifa and Lulu is pretty obvious etc.

I'd also like to see Caius make it. Gilgamesh needs to return.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I can see Yuna returning. The others? depends on Square I guess. You also have to remember that villains might also take a spot. For all we know, it can be 3 heroes and 3 villains. Characters such as Seifer and Beatrix is a must as they were also heavily requested. Tifa and Lulu is pretty obvious etc.

I'd also like to see Caius make it.
Caius definitely, he's literally the closest thing XIII has as a villain as a whole there's barthandelus but... He's kind of a giant god thing same with Bhunivelze. Etro literally got retconned out of existence in both XIII-2 and XV.

Lulu is a given she's FFs resident goth princess and she has milk jugs for days, same with Tifa. If Noctis and Ardyn get in I can definitely see Aranea make it in as she's probably the most popular NPC in that whole game.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Still working on timing wall rushes into HP attacks. Some charcaters are definitely better at it than others. Has something to do with Dashing after striking.

Having issues with Brave attacks being X, try to followup and wonder why I'm jumping everywhere.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD