Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

I know why @Jadeinchains is liking the above post...

afzo58U.gif

But you will be waiting in vain, that rabbit-woman won't ever make it in. :(
If there is a FFXII DLC character it will be either Balthier, Ashe or Basch, the real main characters of FFXII beside Vaan.

The shade! XD...true that was what I was thinking though. ;)

I will get Fran in this game! Just you wait and see! Also I actually didn't think about that. :eek: This game is going to be supported for a long time... I'd be okay with Ashe by the way but *sigh* She isn't Fran...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Upon noticing Ultimecia's daggers still stun lock all I could think was "We are so fucked."

Glad to see her axes got a change though. New javelin commands too, the raining down one and the straight line shot (replaces the old close ranged javelin and charged javelin pillar). Otherwise looks like she hasn't changed. Tap rapidly for one form of spells, hold for the other.

Think she might be Marksman? Assassin?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, Tyaren is spot on there. He definitely has a fan base and popular in all sorts of communities so it might be tough for Fran. The guy is pretty cunning and comes off a bit cynical at times. The problem with Vaan is that he's literally "meh". But yeah speaking of Balthier, I remember someone posted a video on FB titled "Top 10 crazy things women said on stream", and one of the clips was a girl streamer who was playing FFXII and saw Balthier plus him talking. It was literally like:

- Balthier talking to ship speaker: "I'm the leading man in this story".

- Girl streamer: What the fuck did he just say?.......................oh my god he just got me horny tonight.

And she literally pulled out a dildo. In front of her streamers and you can see the stream chat on the right going nuts lol. One minute later and she went to the nearest save talking about "Ok guys, wanted to give a shoutout to all the donators and followers, see you another day". It was rank #4 or something like that but it was definitely there on that video. Slightly off topic I know, but just saying that Balthier did break a couple barriers.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The shade! XD
Yeah, that's what you get for...you very well know for what! D:

I actually don't have any character that I really want in Dissdia... Maybe Fang of XIII or Prompto, lol. I don't think they would ever add Prompto. Though his gun play could be cool...

Tidus by the way really clicked with me in the beta. I liked how fast and nimble he was and how relentless he attacked. I didn't even mind his lack of many basic attacks. So I will probably main him...
Though I haven't seen Noctis yet. Noctis I might like too. It's still strange that I actually came to like him as a character so much even though his look is so emo and unoriginal and even though the FFXV story is shitty and he's also dead, lol. Oops, spoiler alarm! XD
The Assassins Creed collab again showed me that I enjoy hearing him speak (Ray Chase is doing a great job imo) and him being as down to earth and nerdy as he is.

Jadeinchains

Yeah, that's what you get for...you very well know for what! D:

I actually don't have any character that I really want in Dissdia... Maybe Fang of XIII or Prompto, lol. I don't think they would ever add Prompto. Though his gun play could be cool...

Tidus by the way really clicked with me in the beta. I liked how fast and nimble he was and how relentless he attacked. I didn't even mind his lack of many basic attacks. So I will probably main him...
Though I haven't seen Noctis yet. Noctis I might like too. It's still strange that I actually came to like him as a character so much even though his look is so emo and unoriginal and even though the FFXV story is shitty and he's also dead, lol. Oops, spoiler alarm! XD
The Assassins Creed collab again showed me that I enjoy hearing him speak (Ray Chase is doing a great job imo) and him being as down to earth and nerdy as he is.

True lol. :p

Who would you say is your favorite FF character? I'm just unlucky that the character I'd say is mine has maybe 10% chance of getting in the game at best... Fang would be a cool character for sure, same with Prompto, Maybe as dlc later? I'm guessing every character was available in the beta? ...If I had it. :p I'd probably be using Lightning. I liked Noctis too. He had his annoying moments but overall I liked him, Prompto and Ignis. The only one I actually didn't like was Gladio.

HajinMonSect

In context, I meant the last character reveal for the arcade roster before the console release.

Looking back on the stream which revealed the announcement of Dissidia NT (only to have been leaked hours before), the devs had a timeline schedule for the remaining character reveal dates according to month. On November, it mentioned that both a new stage and a new character reveal would be happening simultaneously. The only mainline Final Fantasy game not having a stage representation as of current is 8.

It should also be noted that every villain's character reveal in Dissidia Arcade / NT has been in their respective stage, and regardless of who gets revealed this month, Cloud of Darkness and Golbez have an equal chance of being revealed first, since a stage representing their original game currently exists.

Taking all these into consideration, that's why I deduced Ultimecia will be the character revealed in November.

Nice deduction butt munch!

Nah I'm just kidding but you do know square read this post right.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Who would you say is your favorite FF character? I'm just unlucky that the character I'd say is mine has maybe 10% chance of getting in the game at best... Fang would be a cool character for sure, same with Prompto, Maybe as dlc later? I'm guessing every character was available in the beta? ...If I had it. :p I'd probably be using Lightning. I liked Noctis too. He had his annoying moments but overall I liked him, Prompto and Ignis. The only one I actually didn't like was Gladio.

My favorite FF character... That's difficult, because I actually do have some favorite video game characters, just FF wasn't really at the forefront of characters that I really liked. Generally I like other JRPG series and their characters much more. Like the Tales games (only until Vesperia) or Xenoblade.
So I only could name a few characters that I like, but not one that I really like. It would be the ones that I already mentioned: Prompto, Noctis, Fang...maybe also Balthier. He was cool and I liked his design. (Isn't his design cool? :D) I never finished the game though, so I can't say for sure if he's really a cool character.

I actually also really came to dislike Gladio in FFXV. I had a completely different image of him before starting the game. In media before and in Duscae he seemed much more upbeat, positive and just nice. He was on the same level as Noctis and Prompto. Only Ignis didn't really fit in. He was sort of the outsider of the No-Pro-Glad besties group.
In the final game Gladio was so bossy and macho though, and after a certain someone's death he was unbearable for several chapters. That actually didn't even fit with his ultra macho persona from before. Suddenly he was such a snarky, resentful bitch, lol.
Wait, I realize again why he felt so different before playing the game. I played exclusively with Japanese audio before. There Gladio sounds a lot more jovial, he grunts less and his advice to Noctis sounds actually more like advice, because he cares, and not because he just likes to boss him around. The different localisations do really matter in that regard. The English localisation took lots of liberties.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

My favorite FF character... That's difficult, because I actually do have some favorite video game characters, just FF wasn't really at the forefront of characters that I really liked. Generally I like other JRPG series and their characters much more. Like the Tales games (only until Vesperia) or Xenoblade.
So I only could name a few characters that I like, but not one that I really like. It would be the ones that I already mentioned: Prompto, Noctis, Fang...maybe also Balthier. He was cool and I liked his design. (Isn't his design cool? :D) I never finished the game though, so I can't say for sure if he's really a cool character.

I actually also really came to dislike Gladio in FFXV. I had a completely different image of him before starting the game. In media before and in Duscae he seemed much more upbeat, positive and just nice. He was on the same level as Noctis and Prompto. Only Ignis didn't really fit in. He was sort of the outsider of the No-Pro-Glad besties group.
In the final game Gladio was so bossy and macho though, and after a certain someone's death he was unbearable for several chapters. That actually didn't even fit with his ultra macho persona from before. Suddenly he was such a snarky, resentful bitch, lol.
Wait, I realize again why he felt so different before playing the game. I played exclusively with Japanese audio before. There Gladio sounds a lot more jovial, he grunts less and his advice to Noctis sounds actually more like advice, because he cares, and not because he just likes to boss him around. The different localisations do really matter in that regard. The English localisation took lots of liberties.

Yeah Balthier is cool. :D I really liked the characters in FFXII. And yeah before I played the game I thought Gladio was going to be the carefree chilled out but macho kinda member of the party and he is for a while at the start of the game but wow did he get on my nerves so quickly. Genuinely lol at every moment for every action he's an asshole, Fishing, Driving, Fighting, Story in general. Hell I at least thought he had feelings for Cindy but in this latest dlc the assassin one he's flirting with every woman he see's so they must not be that strong of feelings lol. He's actually so annoying during the story that he didn't even seem to like the other members of the team.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
My bet is Marksman. Not fast enough to be an assassin and her attacks have almost always had huge recoveries.

Yeah. Reason of my curiosity is because of Kuja being an Assassin role but yet he looks nothing close to that of a playstyle for Assassin. I mean just look at his design, he looks more like a long range offensive mage who seems to cast long range holy spells and fire. He has magic balls floating around him and juggling it around. At first glance I wouldn't blame 90% of the people who thought he was going to be a Marksman.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Nice deduction butt munch!

Nah I'm just kidding but you do know square read this post right.
Either that, or they watched Trueblade Seeker's guessing game video. My guess is the latter, since he's pretty much the YouTube hypeman of Dissidia at this point.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yeah. Reason of my curiosity is because of Kuja being an Assassin role but yet he looks nothing close to that of a playstyle for Assassin. I mean just look at his design, he looks more like a long range offensive mage who seems to cast long range holy spells and fire. He has magic balls floating around him and juggling it around. At first glance I wouldn't blame 90% of the people who thought he was going to be a Marksman.
I think the biggest contributor to deciding to make him an assassin was his mobility more so than the range of his attacks (which or close mid at best).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Prompto says that's a lie xD
It's hard to say my favorite FF XV character since I like Noctis, Luna and Prompto. In general it's Terra and Onion Knight and Shantotto since they show the best characters come in small packages....or in Terra's case heels and stockings and reluctance to fight all while looking like a blonde American Momiji who cut and bleached her hair

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Final Fantasy VII turns 20 today (release in the West)!! :D

Now let's just wait another 20 years for part 1 of the remake, lol.

giphy.gif
Don't be apologetic, it'll take just as long for Nomura to actually finish FFXV *shade*

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not a big fan of Final Fantasy Peasant, but he does have a point here, something I have been saying all the time too:

Square Enix, please listen!

Jadeinchains

Square - "Wait???!! They wanted Ardyn and Luna dlc! :eek: "

*releases cup noodle hats for Ardyn and Luna too*

I honestly wouldn't be shocked tbh. I just want the Ignis dlc to be released....

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
http://twinfinite.net/2017/09/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Enough Square. Enough Tabata. For pete's sake, stop milking this damn game. What is the point of a Crisis Core remake? does the game truly even need one? 'don't expect a Crisis core remake soon but Tabata is considering it in th-" why is it even a thing???? what's with the FFVII fanbase? what for?

Remake FF4, FF6, FF8, FF9. Don't waste your time on these prequels/spin offs etc. It wasn't even a main titled game. Will FFVII fans ever be quenched? this FF series is extremely glorified and yet they haven't even finished remaking the original FFVII.

-------

Oh look, another mobile game by Square. Woo.

70vub6.gif

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD