Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Fainaru Fantaji Fibutin Arutimato Mirukaji (Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Milkage) TGS trailer:

Oh, look, there's Ignis too:

DKNdgTmUMAEriQ2.jpg

DKNdg4NUMAEJs-y.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There also was a special Dissidia event on TGS:

At 32:40 is extended Prince Noodle gameplay! :D
He'll definitely be one of my mains.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yup I knew it:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/...n-pass-final-fantasy-xv-new-roadmap-november/

I made a post about this about 20 pages back that FFXV is bound to have a 2nd to 3rd season pass for profitable returns on the next FF mothership title, as well as the character DLC and the inconsistencies to plot holes within the story. Even Dissidia will get more than one season pass because Dissidia is only the vanilla build.

----------------------

@Awesmic @XZero264

Erdrick's Sword - Dragon Quest (1986)
Wyrmhero Blade (Gilgamesh) - Final Fantasy XII (2006)
21764965_1923771581279682_2294253133412352475_n.jpg

Last edited:

HajinMonSect

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/09/28/final-fantasy-xv-update-out-now-adds-to-chapter-12/

So apparently they updated ffxv with new cutscenes that you know actually explains the story, go figure. I don't even know how to feel about this. Does square expect us to replay the entire game every single time they improve fix their game? Or are we supposed to just feel meaningless stagnant feelings from chapter selecting?

We all heard people complaining about how we get unfinished games but this is the first time I sincerely felt like its true and it occurred in one of my favorite game series. I'm guessing FFXV is going to finally be a complete game in early 2019.

Argentus

hnnggggg FFIX is installed and I wanna plaayyyy it especially once I realized it actually has new graphics and textures so you can actually make out the details on the characters now, but I keep telling myself "NO finish Valkyria Chronicles at least before you start ANOTHER game"

HajinMonSect

inb4 SE lies and makes a FFXV-II.

I'm not sure which method is worse, the sequels like ffxiii did or season passes like xv. The sequels allowed them to reinvent the game, change the story fix things but the dlc method is them directly inserted the changes. at least with the sequels I had some renews interest, I can't even bother to update ffxv nowadays nor buy the bros dlc. just felt like cut content that wont change the outcome you area know occurs.

hnnggggg FFIX is installed and I wanna plaayyyy it especially once I realized it actually has new graphics and textures so you can actually make out the details on the characters now, but I keep telling myself "NO finish Valkyria Chronicles at least before you start ANOTHER game"

First time playing VC?

Jadeinchains

.....I like FFXV but no, no to me playing through the entire game's story again to get the best context for these cut scenes that have been added and no to me watching them in chapter select with barely any emotional connection. I still like XV but I just don't want to play through it again for this.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The cutscenes appear in chapter 12, are apparently done quite well, are a lot better integrated than the other cutscenes, that they crammed into the game without much sensitivity, and they deal with the Astral War, Ifrit's special role as well as Gentiana/Shiva's role and connection to Luna.

DK2tGxjVoAAdqJM.jpg

DK2tG0DVwAAi43O.jpg

DK2tGz1VYAAdfxc.jpg

DK2tG1fUEAA9_Xh.jpg

That Knowledge was definitely needed, as this is completely left out in the game so far and it is so vital to understanding the whole plot.
Did you guys know that the weird mounatin in Cleigne, Rock Ravatogh, is actually what remains of Ifrit's corpse? O:

latest

The horns and weird tentacle thingies that Ifrit also has in his humanoid form, give it away.
Knowledge of this makes so much more sense and makes the world instantly a lot more interesting.

Not condoning the initial lack of story though... Apparently there is still more to come.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

The cutscenes appear in chapter 12, are apparently done quite well, are a lot better integrated than the other cutscenes, that they crammed into the game without much sensitivity, and they deal with the Astral War, Ifrit's special role as well as Gentiana/Shiva's role and connection to Luna.

DK2tGxjVoAAdqJM.jpg

DK2tG0DVwAAi43O.jpg

DK2tGz1VYAAdfxc.jpg

DK2tG1fUEAA9_Xh.jpg

That Knowledge was definitely needed, as this is completely left out in the game so far and it is so vital to understanding the whole plot.
Did you guys know that the weird mounatin in Cleigne, Rock Ravatogh, is actually what remains of Ifrit's corpse? O:

latest

The horns and weird tentacle thingies that Ifrit also has in his humanoid form, give it away.
Knowledge of this makes so much more sense and makes the world instantly a lot more interesting.

Not condoning the initial lack of story though... Apparently there is still more to come.

Have you watched the cutscenes? If they're on youtube I'll watch them but I don't want to play through the ending of the game again to see the cutscenes. I'm happy to see that they're building more to the story and to Luna it's just a shame that It's getting added in so long after we've already played the game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Have you watched the cutscenes? If they're on youtube I'll watch them but I don't want to play through the ending of the game again to see the cutscenes. I'm happy to see that they're building more to the story and to Luna it's just a shame that It's getting added in so long after we've already played the game.

I haven't yet, but over on Neogaf they are talking about them. They seem to be actually really well made. Neogaf is very, very critical of FFXV to say the least, lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
(NOTE: Currently at a local library making do with the internet access I have, so my time may be limited.)

DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

The next character reveal is in 4 days, on October 3, 2017.

Question is, who will make it in time for Halloween-- Cloud of Darkness, or Golbez? Tune in Tuesday to find out!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/2...tasy-arcades-next-character-reveal-october-3/

Noctis still hasn't gotten an actual reveal trailer like all other characters had. So maybe that's still coming?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Noctis still hasn't gotten an actual reveal trailer like all other characters had. So maybe that's still coming?
If he's being made playable this early in arcades, that would diminish one of the major incentives to play the console version. He's a console exclusive character, after all.

But for the sake of argument, let's assume he is being made playable before console release. An ideal time to reveal him in arcades would be in December, just a month shy before it. Either way, the remaining two legacy villains must be the priority now.

Please no. Noctis looks cool and It's nice he's been added to the game but he got his reveal. :p I want Yuna and/or Fran now.
Now is unrealistic at this point. Best you can hope for is post-console release as part of the season pass.

And even then, only one of them has a very high chance of making the cut in this year's season pass, while the other may be looking at a Fall 2018 release at best, and Early 2019 release at worst.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD