Final Fantasy Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Keiichi Okabe. He did the original Noire. I'm pretty sure they can borrow him since he isn't working on the new one. He's worked with Squeenix before.
Maaaaaan Keiichi Okabe and Nobuyoshi Sano are amazing sound composers. Namco could really use geniuses like those two to work on the Tekken soundtracks again (I'm glad they still have Akitaka Tohyama though) :(

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, didn't notice this:

tumblr_npuejfVPAD1s590kwo1_400.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
lol what's that from?

it bugs me that's the only thing we know it from. Apparently that's just a common prank in japan, not an attack from naruto.

In Episode Duscae 2.0 extra missions were added in which you split up the team. When you come back from your mission to the camping site (but only if you teleport, so it can be missed easily) you can witness what the other half of the team is doing. It's a nice and funny touch. When you reach the tent, you will find Prompto and Gladiolus like this:

18733981722_4fefb37f98_b.jpg

So, Gladio got his revenge. ;)

It's a "kancho", a popular childrens prank in Japan. Japanese even have dedicated a monument to it:

Kancho.jpg

Wikipedia:

Kanchō(カンチョー?) is a Japanese prank performed by clasping the hands together in the shape of an imaginary gun and attempting to poke an unsuspecting victim's anus, often while exclaiming "Kan-CHO!".[1]

The word is a slang adoption of the Japanese word for enema (浣腸 kanchō?).[2] In accordance with widespread practice, the word is generally written in katakana when used in its slang sense, and in kanji when used of enemas in the medical sense.

It's a kinda disturbing thing to do...isn't it, lol. XD

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ahead of Gamescom, kicking of next week, images have leaked, that clearly show, Square Enix has listed to the fans!

More female party members:
CLNG1edUYAAzySu.jpg

Cidney not a totally sexist take on a female mechanic anymore:
CLNG1eEUEAAvgyD.jpg

;)

Last edited:

Chapstick

Lmao if that was the case

Tumblr's final fantasy fandom: you know what I'm gonna give this game a second look now I really should have given it a chance before it looks so good (^:

I have seen so many people there say they were going to boycott XV simply because the four main characters are guys lol and when you bring up X-2's all female group "well that doesn't count!!!"

Jadeinchains

Ahead of Gamescom, kicking of next week, images have leaked, that clearly show, Square Enix has listed to the fans!

More female party members:
CLNG1edUYAAzySu.jpg

Cidney not a totally sexist take on a female mechanic anymore:
CLNG1eEUEAAvgyD.jpg

;)

Female Ignis looks so good there!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Because the deseigns were already so bland and generic I honestly beleived they would just gender swap them ala Powerpuff/Roudytuff and didn't get the joke until I saw the male mechanic.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Because the deseigns were already so bland and generic I honestly beleived they would just gender swap them ala Powerpuff/Roudytuff and didn't get the joke until I saw the male mechanic.

Tabata's logic generally seems insultingly simplistic:

Fans: We want more female characters! D:
Tabata: Here, have Cidney! :D
Fans: Wow, that's such a sexist representation of a female mechanic! O:
Tabata: Nah, she's just outdoorsy! :D
Fans: What we were saying, we want strong female characters like Stella (R.I.P)! D:
Tabata: That doesn't make any sense, lol. So, do you want women in the game or not? :D

Watching several of the active time reports, it really went something like above and I was constantly like:
Facepalm_(1).png

Japan has such an insultingly backward view of women/female characters. But, to be honest, Western bias is also strong. There's a cute group of scantily clad girls as the protagonists in a game: "Wow, so cool and hot and progressive!". There's an attractive group of guys: "Eeew, so gay! DO NOT WANT!111eleven"

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I wish Stella wasn't written out of the plot. She looked interesting and the Romeo & Juliet theme could have been amazing. Instead, we get a game about four bros going for a car ride.

Chapstick

But, to be honest, Western bias is also strong. There's a cute group of scantily clad girls as the protagonists in a game: "Wow, so cool and hot and progressive!". There's an attractive group of guys: "Eeew, so gay! DO NOT WANT!111eleven"
Idk about that, the type of western gamer I think you're referring to would dismiss a game with a group of cute girl protags as some girly casual stuff.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Idk about that, the type of western gamer I think you're referring to would dismiss a game with a group of cute girl protags as some girly casual stuff.

ffignguys.jpg

Not so many complained back then, when FFX-2 with a cute girl cast was announced. Didn't you mention this earlier too?

LightSonic

That female Ignis looks really legit. lol

I have to agree about them writing out Stella and making so many changes to the game. FFXV feels kinda... different from what I was hyped for with Versus XIII. I'm still really excited, but just a little uneasy on all the changes. Versus XIII showed some a sort of dodge roll (it used to be a cartwheel like Aqua's in KH), but for some reason they took it out then had to add it back when it was changed to FFXV.

Kronin

View attachment 12790

Not so many complained back then, when FFX-2 with a cute girl cast was announced. Didn't you mention this earlier too?

I'm not sure about it but even if this was the case, this could be happened because we were talking of Yuna and Rikku that the fans already knew from FFX. I remember that there were many complaints about the sexy vestiary of them compared to the past, and I'm pretty sure that if the girls weren't old acquaintances as I mentioned, the complaints would have been even about the characters themselves.

Edit: Personally I see equally complaints about sexy male characters as much sexy female characters from the West: the only difference is that you hear even a big vocal portion of fans loving the second case (thing evidently caused from the statistics of the gaming population composed overall from straight males), while don't see an equal vocal "defense" for cases like the first one.

So yes, it's possible to hear almost only complaints for a group of characters as the main characters of FFXV rather than both the voices for a group of main characters as the female FFX-2 trio. But in my opinion none of them is saved from critics.

Last edited:

Chapstick

View attachment 12791

FFX-2 is widely hated and I've seen people refer to it as the dress up barbie final fantasy game and refuse to play it.

The tumblr crowd I was referring to doesn't like too many males in anything because the patriarchy or something, not because it's "gay." The people I think you're referring to, western straight male gamers, tend to steer away from games that might be feminine.

SoftCabbage

I think it's not necessarily to be western male players.

It's just there's group of guys that think using female character = gay or sexually deprived. And if it's also related to clothing stuff, that means you're also queer, barbie player.

FFXIII was hated around because the protagonist is female... lol. And I was also called as "gay" when I told someone in my college that I usually play as Lili in Tekken. He claimed that female characters are strictly to be used by female players. *facepalm

Btw, talking about FF, my FF journey ends with XIII. I started with V, VI, and then XIII trilogy. The series has lost its authentic direction.
Those J-Pop characters alone don't attract me to play.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD