Final Fantasy Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm hearing things about Nomura apparently wanting to remake other FF games after VII.

so VI, V, IX and maybe even XII could be on the cards.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Meh, if VIII got remade I wouldn't even be excited the game is just awful IMO.

Only way I could play it is if they changed how it played entirely, which wouldnt happen.

Corza

Standard Donor
What? Triple Triad alone makes it a hundred times better than FFVII. I'm not sure what's all the fuss about that game anyways, I've played every main title and spinoff and it's not even in the top 3 of my list. Pretty sure it was most people's first RPG experience, so it's pure nostalgia.

UpSideDownGRUNT

What? Triple Triad alone makes it a hundred times better than FFVII. I'm not sure what's all the fuss about that game anyways, I've played every main title and spinoff and it's not even in the top 3 of my list. Pretty sure it was most people's first RPG experience, so it's pure nostalgia.
FFVII is in my top 3, top 3 worst FF games I've ever played lol FFVIII being number 1.

The only reason I'm excited for VII remake is because I'm interested in how they're actually going to do it, if it's just the original game with voice acting and PS4 graphics then I'm not interested, but if they're making it like FFXV or LR in terms of combat colour me interested.

Plus I just wanna see how they handle the NIbelheim Incident and the whole of Midgar.

An FF remake that would actually make me fully erect for JRPGs is a Lightning Returns style remake for Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy IX remake in general.

UpSideDownGRUNT

"with the times" huh?, sounds like they'll use a more recent battle system for VII then, that means XV's hack and slash style is likely.

It's good they're not just making it exactly the same, depending on how it's executed this remake might actually make me rethink on VII.

TheRealCoxinator

Also the way they were talking in the story i'm thinking that it will take place after the original game but before Advent Children. If AC was cannon tho.

Xernuht

Also the way they were talking in the story i'm thinking that it will take place after the original game but before Advent Children. If AC was cannon tho.

It is. I think we're going to mostly see expansions on the parts connected to the other pieces of the Compilation. Fingers crossed that we're getting Genesis, Weiss, and possibly the Remnants as bonus bosses.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It is. I think we're going to mostly see expansions on the parts connected to the other pieces of the Compilation. Fingers crossed that we're getting Genesis, Weiss, and possibly the Remnants as bonus bosses.

I thought of them first as an idea. Either them or super bosses that are quite hidden in secret that were suppose to be in the original. I mean regardless, we are definitely seeing new things with the game. Possibly an extra 1-2 new towns, landmark of a whole new island, enemies obviously etc.

On the remake topic; just remake all of them. You please the fans and then kill them afterwards. None of it is bad, really.

TheRealCoxinator

Sweet shit it's been too long since i've seen Genesis. I would love it if he was in it. They eventually need to make a traditional FF game but with at least coop. Online would be godlike. Can't wait for new dissidia.

SilverForte

In a perfect world the game would be updated with the X-2 battle system, I would prefer turn based for the remake, but I don't see it happening. I also don't want anything from the compilation in the game, especially not emo cloud. The game must also have Mukki and the stairs.

Xernuht

In a perfect world the game would be updated with the X-2 battle system, I would prefer turn based for the remake, but I don't see it happening. I also don't want anything from the compilation in the game, especially not emo cloud. The game must also have Mukki and the stairs.

It won't be Emo AC Cloud. We'll get classic Zack-ish Cloud.

They won't be turning down the Compilation, though. Be it through DLC, in-game bosses, little bits of added in-game lore, they will not miss a chance to grab literally EVERYONE and get them on board.

Now, for the biggest question. Who's doing the soundtrack? Will we see the return of Uematsu? Or will Ishimoto (Crisis Core, Type-0 HD) or Hamauzu (Dirge of Cerberus, XIII series) take over? Or will we see a new contender take over?

My vote's on Ishimoto. Crisis Core had the best OST of the Compilation not done by Uematsu, and I'm not sure he's going to work on this.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I prefer Nobuo Uematsu for this. It is not the same without him, really. I do like Takeharu Ishimoto's work from Dissidia 012 and Type-0 however.

Either one of them is fine actually.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD