Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
No dash cancelling required? Looks like a very tight window.

It is yeah. The problem is Poisonga. You can just do a normal jump into X (this is better actually, but sometimes they get pushed a little too further back so I have to do a dash), and the moment you splat someone you have to immediately throw in Poisonga or else they'll air tech recovery which leaves them invulnerable to everything, they can also tech after getting hit with poison so you have to immediately jump/dash and attack X right away. This doesn't work with majority of the cast in Assassin either because some characters have longer recovery than others after the first splat combo.

It works with Squall, Zidane, Noctis, Vaan and Kain.

Also works with Sephiroth if you time his attack cancel on the last hit. Everyone else was a fail when I tried.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dissidia.community has a timer up for the release of NT and the image they have on it is absolutely wonderful.
http://dissidia.community/

What did Jecht just say? 3:20.

They broke the street date for Dissidia already over here in NY. I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order and just get the early copy, but then I'll lose out on the season pass edition and codes lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also there was a tournament recently on LevelUpLive stream and James Chen was singing Eyes on Me from FFVIII (0:38 starts off) @Nikotsumi @Awesmic @Jadeinchains

Nikotsumi

I haven't played the beta a lot, but it seems I'm really gonna enjoy Dissidia NT, even though I totally suck lol.
I was most of the times in the losing team, finding myself chased by two people and then get beaten up. I always forget to switch targets every time the opponent becomes invulnerable (I'm not fond of this feature).
Been playing mostly Squall (the 2nd character in did use the most in 012), Noctis and Ace. Tried out Vaan, Bartz and Tidus as well.
Also noticed that some characters have way too few bravery attacks (Tidus....), I'll look more into the movesets when the game comes out though.

Now... Yuna's reveal when?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sonic the Hedgehog creator joined Square Enix, he also helped direct some Phantasy Star games and the original: https://gematsu.com/2018/01/sonic-hedgehog-creator-yuji-naka-joins-square-enix

------------------------

Also, I heard Maximillian (Youtuber) just got sponsored by Square Enix. Just in case for any wanted to know something about him, while I do agree that Max puts out the views for games and definitely makes some good talks about some games, this was the same guy that didn't give DOA a chance when he mentioned gameplay and it's reason for not being at EVO when he was streaming DOA5LR with Mai's release. I can understand that there are those who don't like the gameplay from DOA with the hold system mechanic (that's perfectly fine) but there are those that at least tried it and gave their thoughts about why they don't like it. See, this is different and reasonable.

However Max didn't do that. He streamed just random DOA gameplay with his friends using Mai, talked about why DOA is "meh" with him feeling like it's a Capcom game without knowing any of the combos and yet this man didn't even do the tutorials etc. Me and Mr. Wah were literally in his stream telling him about stagger escaping and to at least try tutorial modes in front of the stream to show people that DOA does have one, know what Maximillian did? let's play with the breast motion physics with the controller, make fun of the game, and make more jokes about something that doesn't really matter. Not one to defend DOA's business practices and exaggerated ways for attention with the horny teens, but this is an entirely different ballgame.

Won't go on the increase with a Max YT topic but I just found it kinda weird that Max got sponsored by Square Enix, who's YT channel is fueled by Capcom content, and then to hear him talk about gameplay just makes me feel weird is all. I seen plenty of Dissidia content that deserved a bit more on the radar to be fair but that's just me.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Sonic the Hedgehog creator joined Square Enix, he also helped direct some Phantasy Star games and the original: https://gematsu.com/2018/01/sonic-hedgehog-creator-yuji-naka-joins-square-enix

------------------------

Also, I heard Maximillian (Youtuber) just got sponsored by Square Enix. Just in case for any wanted to know something about him, while I do agree that Max puts out the views for games and definitely makes some good talks about some games, this was the same guy that didn't give DOA a chance when he mentioned gameplay and it's reason for not being at EVO when he was streaming DOA5LR with Mai's release. I can understand that there are those who don't like the gameplay from DOA with the hold system mechanic (that's perfectly fine), but there are those that at least tried it and gave their thoughts about why they don't like it. See, this is different and reasonable.

However Max didn't do that. He streamed just random DOA gameplay with his friends using Mai, talked about why DOA it's "meh" with him feeling like it's a Capcom game without knowing any of the combos and yet this man didn't even do the tutorials etc. Me and Mr. Wah were literally in his stream telling him about stagger escaping and to at least try tutorial modes in front of the stream to show people that DOA does have one, know what Maximillian did? let's play with the breast motion physics with the controller and make more jokes about something that doesn't really matter. Not one to defend DOA's business practices and exaggerated ways for attention with the horny teens, but this is an entirely different ballgame.

Won't go on the increase with a Max YT topic but I just found it kinda weird that Max got sponsored by Square Enix, who's YT channel is fueled by Capcom content, and then to hear him talk about gameplay just makes me feel weird is all. I seen plenty of Dissidia content that deserved a bit more on the radar to be fair but that's just me.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Going to finally play Episode Ignis. I've managed not to spoil anything except the fangirls freaking out over Gladio making small physical contact with Ignis.

Guy: *pokes male friend's shoulder* what's up
fangirls: OMG THEY TOUCHED THEY'RE SO CANON(i sadly used to be like this)

also the update is taking forever >.>

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Going to finally play Episode Ignis. I've managed not to spoil anything except the fangirls freaking out over Gladio making small physical contact with Ignis.

Guy: *pokes male friend's shoulder* what's up
fangirls: OMG THEY TOUCHED THEY'RE SO CANON

To be honest, I think Square Enix is deliberately pushing that narrative. They know exactly what they are doing and what the fangirls want, lol. Over the whole game Ignis and Gladio act like mom and dad and Gladio, while being rough and rude to everybody, clearly has a soft spot just for Ignis. Always listening to him, speaking in a soft tone to him and being the one to carry and guide him.
And lets not forget that terrible chapter where he is constantly like:
"Slow down! What about Ignis? He's hurt! Don't you even care? It's all your fault! DDD:"

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Welcome to Final Fantasy XV, eats all your HDD and has gigantic patches.
The new patch is taking as long as an actual game O_O
before playing ep ignis i'm going to start the story from scratch again; this time, no easy difficulty as i had it set to easy because i was unfamiliar with FF games.

To be honest, I think Square Enix is deliberately pushing that narrative. They know exactly what they are doing and what the fangirls want, lol. Over the whole game Ignis and Gladio act like mom and dad and Gladio, while being rough and rude to everybody, clearly has a soft spot just for Ignis. Always listening to him, speaking in a soft tone to him and being the one to carry and guide him.
And lets not forget that terrible chapter where he is constantly like:
"Slow down! What about Ignis? He's hurt! Don't you even care? It's all your fault! DDD:"
true, true. mama ignis best boy

Jadeinchains

Ignis deserves better than Gladio tbh, Gladio is such a douche, But then again I suppose the one person out of the four that he wasn't one to was Ignis so I suppose Ignis would be fine with him. The fangirls go a bit crazy with these "ships" and stuff but Ignis and Gladio could be cute together so I could imagine it working.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Ignis deserves better than Gladio tbh, Gladio is such a douche, But then again I suppose the one person out of the four that he wasn't one to was Ignis so I suppose Ignis would be fine with him. The fangirls go a bit crazy with these "ships" and stuff but Ignis and Gladio could be cute together so I could imagine it working.
yea that's exactly how i feel about gladnis.

Replaying the game, during the first time you set up camp, whilst Noct is carrying chairs, Prompto just casually takes a pic of Noct's butt.I hadn't even noticed that.

Square Enix pls

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I do have to admit after Episode Ignis he jumped up several places in my personal character popularity ranking too. ;) This really should have been in the main game though. I would've really liked to know what a great friend and protector Ignis was to Noctis. Out of all his companions he's the most loyal, making the biggest sacrifice.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I can't believe Ignis was living while Luna was dying!
The people of Altissa are shook.

...Episode Ignis was good though, Episode Gladio must have been my least favourite since Prompto's was good too.
Gladio's ep: nice music, pretty good, hmm, yeah, cool can't wait for episode prompto
Prompto's ep: that was quite dark, it can't get any darker, can it? good episode 9.5/10
Ignis ep: I T G O T D A R K E R.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD