Final Fantasy Thread

Xernuht

... but I wish the doomsday clock went a little slower so I wouldn't have to abuse chronostasis so much.

This. Hell, I'm starting on Easy Mode and constant use of Chronostasis is a pain with near-infinite EP. I hate to think what the Hard Mode players are suffering through.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This. Hell, I'm starting on Easy Mode and constant use of Chronostasis is a pain with near-infinite EP. I hate to think what the Hard Mode players are suffering through.
It's no different than what an unseasoned Final Fantasy 2 player will experience... on the original Famicom version (Yes, it's THAT much harder with no auto-targeting).

If you can master this game and have the mindset for it, LR seems like a cakewalk on any difficulty.

PuertoRicanStyL

So I'm finally able to play it since I got a new Xbox yesterday (had the open tray problem). I needed the extra gb anyways. But yea, this game is amazing! It took a while for me to get in stride cause I was reading all the Datalog stuff. Which I didn't mind since it takes you deeper than the normal dialogue. And explains in more detail about the battle system, abilities, etc.

I just finished day 2. I also would've liked the doomsday clock to move a little slower. Like about half the speed of what it is. I haven't used that Chronstasis thing though.

Dat Cloud garb though. Man, that 'Slayer' ability is hella strong early in the game, lol. I got the Aerith garb too since I got the CE of the game. The Medi Guard thing helps a lot. And the sheild has some abilty where it cures more when guarding against constant attacks or somethin. It has some strong defense. Some attacks i take no damage even without a perfect guard whereas I take some damage with my other shields. I forget the abilities the staff comes with.. I bout lost it when I saw you could customize the DLC garbs too, I was like "Aww hell naw, they done took it there!" lol.

One thing I'm having a hard time with is getting 'Perfect Timing' attacks with magic attacks. I'm not quite sure when to press a button again. The Primer says 'when spell is unleashed' or something along that line. I'm guessing that meant when the attack hit, but I've yet to get PT attack with magic though.

PuertoRicanStyL

Oh yea. I also ran into the official @LRFF13 person from the Outer World service thing. Talked to it, and the message said "Thanks for using Outerworld Service. Here's a gift". And in my Outerworld Rewards thing, I got this awesome Toneberry adornment that goes on her shoulder. Thing is awesome lol.

Crazy how this game shows all your customized stuff at all times. Cut scenes n all that.

Xernuht

Almost finished Day 2, and I've beaten the Luxerion main quest. The boss fights in this game are freaking epic! This is definitely what I was missing from the last 2 games.

Currently running Goddess of Etro - melee-tank/Passion Rouge - Saboteur/One of the Spell+ garbs (favoring Electronica and Watery Chorus) - full magic.

PuertoRicanStyL

How bout that acoustic version of 'New Bodhum' from the Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST by the dude who hangs near the Clock Tower in Luxerion? lol. Don't care what no one says. This game is rawesome.

PuertoRicanStyL

After playing for a little bit (bout 20 hours, lol). The time thing doesn't seem as bad as it felt earlier. I'm on day 5 or 6, can't remember, and I just started using Chronostasis the previous day and it drug it out a lot farther than I expected. I haven't avoided any fights except for that big mech thing in the graveyard that does that fire attack. Kinda vague explanation of him, I forget it's name. But it's the mini version of the huge one that's in FFXIII. I fought it once and it just annihilated me. So I ducked him when I seen him again.

But anyways. As we know, fighting gives you EP. Especially if you fight harder enemies. Or even small ones in a Chaos Cloud which gives like, an instant 1 and a half EP. And double that if you fight a harder enemy. So besides getting abilities and random spoils from the enemies. It gives you more of an incentive to not skip fights, since random encounters alone doesn't raise your stats. And makes fighting harder enemies more worth while. Cause I see EP, rare items, abilities, and a challenge when I see em, hahah. Plus it just plain helps me get better at fighting.

This whole time I've been playing, I haven't even left Luxerion yet. Though I'm about to after I leave the Ark this time since the rest of my Side Quest (besides one) requires me to do so. So my thoughts on the timer may change again. But as of now, it seems fine and to work with the game and story. I pretty much plan on having a Game Over on this run. Looking forward to that New Game+ and seeing what happens next.

P.S. That Mediguard ability has been a life saver for me. I'm also having a hard time swapping garbs out. Though I did take the Cloud one out cause it just feels way to strong right now. Though I think it's the slayer ability that makes it feel like that. And not just the Mediguard, but guarding attacks period is really good with the Aerith garb.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Noticed a Cecil Harvey reference when using the Paladin garb. Starting a fight in it she talks about light and darkness and switching to Paradin has something along those lines.

I primarily run a Sentinel/Saboteur Paladin with absolutely ridiculous physical block percentages (I take almost no physical damage in it and very little magic damage because some passives are silly) with a Ravager role (garb varies as well as spells with weaknesses, more Magic is good too) and a Commando role (been with the Velvet Bouncer garb and a Deprotect lvl2 and varied other physical abilities).

20 hours in, just started Day 4 and have hunted at least 7 enemies into extinction. I am bad at these "do whatever you want" kind of games, I feel almost no need to do main quests until there is nothing left at the time (also why I quit playing Skyrim only 15 hours into it). Of course at this rate ill be rushing through the rest of the time because I won't have anything to kill for EP.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I haven't gotten too far in Lightning Returns, but I already see myself replaying it because I didn't save the world in time. The time limit isn't such a factor, but it's kind of new to me to actually having to DO side quests in a JRPG. Normally, I do side quests randomly during my first playthrough or after I've beaten the game and decide to do them later. It was strange how side quests improve your stats, but it makes sense in relation to the story I suppose. The game is a blast though and the battle system is excellent.

PuertoRicanStyL

Ok. This has to do with a Side Quest. I wanted to hide all this in a spoiler thing. But this site doesn't use em I guess.. So, just try not to read the rest, or pay attention to the huge pictures (lol) if you don't want a Side Quest spoiler. But I just felt the need to drop this in here.

Has anybody. Seen this foo. Aeronite!? Oh my crap man. I ran into this thing last night. He/It only shows up when there's 0 days left. It's a ball of electricity/looks like the Magnet spell when it's floating around till you engage it. I saved just before the fight, so I could keep trying and try different set ups according to it's attacks and weaknesses. About the second or third time, I lasted long enough before the words 'Fed Up' came across the screen and it flew away. I was so shook by the whole ordeal, I just saved and turned of my Xbox, lol. Was done for the night. Was too much. So now, it's in my Bestiary, and it shows one of the things it drops so far. And I'm pretty positive the only way to beat this thing is on a New Game+. I took a picture of it from my Bestiary on my phone so I could post it here. And a posting couple from my Outerworld Twitter thing.

7t6gVNN.png

6DNBgA6.png

AbsvRXY.jpg

EnE1hYE.jpg

This thing don't even fit on the Bestiary screen man! lol. And I know I'm not trippin, but that does say 'Eleven Million' hit points right? Hahah. I'm thinkin you fight him for a little, then he leaves, and the cycle repeats until you kill him. I don't know though. I barely got a chance to attack him when we fought. I spent most of the time defending, curing and reviving myself. Thing is mad strong with his attacks. It's ridiculous, but awesome at the same time knowing something that strong is out there. I'm real curious to know all the things it drops, and what you get for beating him. On my own though, not looking it up.

Last edited:

Xernuht

According to the wiki, he's fightable from Day 7 onwards, drops rare components, and is technically a Last One. You have to stagger him in 3 minutes or he uses Fed Up and runs. You get 4 staggers, but on the fourth, he takes 500% damage from EVERYTHING. Have fun.

Xernuht

Any guide I've seen says "On Stagger 4, use Enaero + any super-high attack class w/ Attack Lv. 4, Overclock like a madman, and tear him to shreds."

More or less. Haven't fought him yet.

PuertoRicanStyL

Ahhh. I only thought it was the last day he shows up since the Quest giver mentioned he ahows up when the world is about to end. Plus me seeing him with 0 days left.

And if he's a Last One, a Last One to what? lol. I'm kidding, but wow. When I fought hime, I had a hard time even getting a chance to attack since he was throwing so many spells out, or would do his 'fly at you' move. And when I did get a chance to throw magic, he'd use Magnet and then swat me, hahah.

Well, if he's not as hard as it seems, that's good, in a sense. With that 500% bonus, I'm guessing there's a strike/certain strikes that will give the good ol' 999,999 damage, or higher even o_○ which will get you that 'Fatal Impact' achievement thing.

Commmanda Panda

Ahhh. I only thought it was the last day he shows up since the Quest giver mentioned he ahows up when the world is about to end. Plus me seeing him with 0 days left.

And if he's a Last One, a Last One to what? lol. I'm kidding, but wow. When I fought hime, I had a hard time even getting a chance to attack since he was throwing so many spells out, or would do his 'fly at you' move. And when I did get a chance to throw magic, he'd use Magnet and then swat me, hahah.

Well, if he's not as hard as it seems, that's good, in a sense. With that 500% bonus, I'm guessing there's a strike/certain strikes that will give the good ol' 999,999 damage, or higher even o_○ which will get you that 'Fatal Impact' achievement thing.
did you beat him yet? i can help out if you still need it

also on a side note i finally beat my ng+ on hard :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm still on my first playthrough lol

I have all the main quests finished, I just need to do as many sidequests as I can to try and get to Day 14 otherwise Day 13 will be the end of my run.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD