Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

I'm hoping @synce comes outta nowhere with some creatively lewd designs ^-^

I almost never log in and today I see there's not only another art contest but a mention... maybe it's meant to be, thanks for the motivation :p Looking forward to your design as well

EDIT: Is there a gallery of the previous years' halloween costumes anywhere? TN really should've put one up so there's no repeats

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Any idea when the contest will end? And I'm thinking of pulling my last year design for Eliot, who knows, maybe taking it out of the competition will make the more recent one have a better chance of being chosen since I kinda want that to win more. If TN did choose my design they'd probably go with hermit Eliot since they could just reuse Brad Wong assets to make it and I don't want a basically copy paste entry

Argentus

Any idea when the contest will end? And I'm thinking of pulling my last year design for Eliot, who knows, maybe taking it out of the competition will make the more recent one have a better chance of being chosen since I kinda want that to win more. If TN did choose my design they'd probably go with hermit Eliot since they could just reuse Brad Wong assets to make it and I don't want a basically copy paste entry

5/7/17. its listed on the contest page up there.

Chapstick

Is there any point in entering if your not a talented artist?
Have you ever seen the entry for Kokoro's outfit here?

battle_kokoro_brad_02-1864x1048.jpg

I'd post the entry but I can't find it

Anyway the answer is yes

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah TN isn't superficial, they don't judge drawing skill, they seem to judge costume design. That's why they stopped with the facebook public voting because people in general are superficial and will just vote for the entries that are the best drawn over actual thought and process, which is why they now are the only ones who personally choose them

Chapstick

Yeah TN isn't superficial, they don't judge drawing skill, they seem to judge costume design. That's why they stopped with the facebook public voting because people in general are superficial and will just vote for the entries that are the best drawn over actual thought and process, which is why they now are the only ones who personally choose them
I don't think that's why. The voting was always a disaster. Remember when someone rigged the first poll to try to get that Rachel outfit to win and ended up disqualifying it from ever being in the game instead? Then the second one the western fans caused an uproar because only really skimpy outfits were in the top 10 and we were blaming Japan for that.

Plus I'm sure with all the entries they get they don't enjoy collecting them all, sorting them per character, and hosting all the images on their site so people can vote which I imagine sucks up a lot of bandwidth whatever that is

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think that's why. The voting was always a disaster. Remember when someone rigged the first poll to try to get that Rachel outfit to win and ended up disqualifying it from ever being in the game instead? Then the second one the western fans caused an uproar because only really skimpy outfits were in the top 10 and we were blaming Japan for that.

Plus I'm sure with all the entries they get they don't enjoy collecting them all, sorting them per character, and hosting all the images on their site so people can vote which I imagine sucks up a lot of bandwidth whatever that is
I think my reason still stands too, which I appreciate. If it was going by Facebook voting I wouldn't enter since my entries wouldn't have a chance using the public voting system

Argentus

I would advise all artists to not include any kind of FUR in their designs, as we've seen that they can't model that in game to save their life XD

Chisa

I would advise all artists to not include any kind of FUR in their designs, as we've seen that they can't model that in game to save their life XD
Still going to do a whole fur costume.

Have they ever included blood or make up with chosen designs?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

I can't recall them ever using blood or make up on costumes from what I remember. Almost like they avoid those or something

Chapstick

Nope. Ein's tarzan outfit had scratches and I think some kind of red paint but even though they only had to model a loincloth they still didn't add those details to his skin ):

Boogie

they don't use blood, gore or do any costumes that are blatantly obvious culturally sensitive and yet every year there's still a ton of egyptian christies, slutty nuns, and native americans costumes. they also hardly ever adjust face models so theres no point making a design that involves make up or face changes unless it can be added to the face (bandanas, shades, goggles).

honestly my best advice is also design like your character is going to a halloween party thats moderately liberal and avoid fur and ripped textures if you don't want your design to look like a physical representation of anxiety and disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD