Helena combo thread

TRI Mike

Haven't read the thread so maybe this was answered before but... any new stun properties on her old moves¿

Dallas1088

Question, a lot of times I go from :9::P::2::K: into :F+K: which causes a launch that's kind of awkward in height. I've tried playing around, and the best I could really follow it up with is :4::P::K:,:3_::P::4::P:, with the :6::P: force tech hitting at the end to get you 94pts of damage on CH, but is there another combo that works better? My brain is fried lol

TRI Mike

1PPK (BKO) 6P+K seems a bit weird. In fastest SE the CB works but if I put the AI to hold in fast or fastest it still gets hit by the CB punch. What's wrong¿

Omegan Eckhart

Guaranteed Launch Combo's: Tested on CH and Fastest SE.

BKO 2K > 6P > 6PP > 33P
3PPP > 33P
8P > P > 236P > SS P > 33P

These launches are 100% guaranteed.

3PPP can't be used any other way than how it's listed here.
6PP has slightly more combo flexibility.
SS P is the most flexible.
214P & BT 7P cannot be used as they only grant +13.

Doug Nguyen

Guaranteed Launch Combo's:

BKO 2K > 6P > 6PP > 33P
3PPP > 33P
8P > P > 236P > SS P > 33P

These launches are 100% guaranteed.

3PPP can't be used any other way than how it's listed here.
6PP has slightly more combo flexibility.
SS P is the most flexible.
214P & BT 7P cannot be used as they only grant +13.
Whats the best option after launching with 33P. 236PKP or maybe PP4K 66K?

Omegan Eckhart

Whats the best option after launching with 33P. 236PKP or maybe PP4K 66K?
The launch you get isn't very good, even though the opponent is at the stun threshold so if you are blender prone I'd go with 33P4P or PP4K > 66K, I prefer 236PKP. 8PP2P and PPK also land. The launch is very basic so no fancy stuff I'm afraid.

Omegan Eckhart

More guaranteed launch combo's: Tested on CH and Fastest SE.

66K2 > 6P > 6PP > 33P
BT 66K2 > 6P > 6PP > 3PP
PP4P > P > 6PP > 3PP
BKO 6PP > 6PP > 3PP

Tested on CH and Fast SE.

33P > 236P > P > SS P > 33P
66K2 > BKO 6P4P > BT 7P > 33P
BKO 6P4P > BT 7P > 33P

Omegan Eckhart

Three combo's showing how to set up hold resistant launchers, and a bonus combo at the end for swag!

These combo's 100% guarantee a launch, although the first one only works on Fast SE and not Fastest. Sadly it is 1 frame off of being guaranteed on Fastest. The other two are 100% non slow escapable. These can be used in high level play without worrying about the opponent getting out of them.

jjinkou2

anyone has a good combo starting with
- :3::3::P::P: and
- :3::P::4::P:
more than once my fingers are scotched or i panic too much. instead of :3::3::P::4::P: ,i press garbage like above. and then, i stand still, ranting at myself and at my big fat fingers on psvita buttons.

ninjaguy446

anyone has a good combo starting with
- :3::3::P::P: and
- :3::P::4::P:
more than once my fingers are scotched or i panic too much. instead of :3::3::P::4::P: ,i press garbage like above. and then, i stand still, ranting at myself and at my big fat fingers on psvita buttons.

33P PP4 4PK 4PKP 33P4P

For 3P4P same as above except switch the 33P for 3P4P, so
3P4P PP4 4PL 4PKP 33P4P

You can use any ender that you please (236 PKP, 8PP etc.)

Doug Nguyen

33P4P/33P Is my favorite starting move for Helena. Great range, great stun, -4 on block (not bad), and it allows you to go into bokuho.

jjinkou2

33P PP4 4PK 4PKP 33P4P

For 3P4P same as above except switch the 33P for 3P4P, so
3P4P PP4 4PL 4PKP 33P4P

You can use any ender that you please (236 PKP, 8PP etc.)

i'm ok with all of these but not for 33P PP4. my concern is my fingers slip and i start with 33PP. so what can i do after this wrong start. is there anything better than hold and hope for another openning?

ninjaguy446

i'm ok with all of these but not for 33P PP4. my concern is my fingers slip and i start with 33PP. so what can i do after this wrong start. is there anything better than hold and hope for another openning?

Sorry, I misread your post. Well it depends. I believe 33PP launches no matter what, so you should just follow up with 33PP4P (or anything else you fancy). If you're being blocked then that's a whole different story. Don't hold randomly, block and wait to see what you're opponent does. Do they start their offense? Do they throw you? Do they space you? After that, if you find yourself in the same situation you can make an educated guess as to what their next move will be. A much better plan then holding. You could eat some serious damage by throwing a hold out like that if your fighting a grappler for example.

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone tried doing BKO F+P > 4PP8K > 2K2?

You lose a bit of damage by doing this instead of BKO F+P > 4PPK > 33P4P but they land closer to you and you get +7 I think instead of +4. This means you can do 6K from BKO and still win out against your opponents fastest mid pokes.

I appreciate that +3 might not be much of a difference to some people but you'd be surprised what you can do with it.

Did some testing and it does leave you at +7, if you are playing against a character with an i11 mid you can use any move as long is it's not over i18 in start up. In others words any move from BKO will win out except P+K, 66P, 6P+K and 2K.

If you are not playing against a character with an i11 mid (Kasumi, Christie, Jann, Zack, Sarah, Pai and Fu are the only ones with one) ANY attack from BKO will win with the exception of 6P+K.

Omegan, some clarification please. Now after 4pp8k I'm left in Bokuho, of course the only 2k available is her sweep (+19 if you free cancel and the opponent doesn't tech). Now, even if I cancel back to standing, 2k whiffs. Also I'm just realizing, what is 2k2?

Also guys near the wall do BKO throw >8pp>33p4p, most damage I've found while keeping them in the vortex

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD