Helena's needed improvements

Omegan Eckhart

Hey, was wondering what are her best launchers/set ups to go into the force the string?
Any launcher will do, 33P4P will connect off of the most basic launch height.

Oh and CB'ing with Helena is extremely easy as long as you can make them afraid of eating her BKO grab combo which can do up to 101 points of damage on high counter.

Doug Nguyen

Any launcher will do, 33P4P will connect off of the most basic launch height.

Oh and CB'ing with Helena is extremely easy as long as you can make them afraid of eating her BKO grab combo which can do up to 101 points of damage on high counter.
Yeah i use her 213 throw too. Just keep on looping until they stop countering, or just go immediately for a mid kick launch. But there's always that one person who is stuck in his ways with mid punch countering.

CrimsonCJ

Yeah i use her 213 throw too. Just keep on looping until they stop countering, or just go immediately for a mid kick launch. But there's always that one person who is stuck in his ways with mid punch countering.
On average, I find I can hit the throw twice before someone tries to panic punish, but I did once start and stop a round with that throw.

Oh and CB'ing with Helena is extremely easy as long as you can make them afraid of eating her BKO grab combo which can do up to 101 points of damage on high counter

"Extremely easy" might be selling the point, short. It's not exactly impossible, but you're not exactly going to do this with no visual telegraphing either. That said, it's still a nice place to be.

Doug Nguyen

On average, I find I can hit the throw twice before someone tries to panic punish, but I did once start and stop a round with that throw.

"Extremely easy" might be selling the point, short. It's not exactly impossible, but you're not exactly going to do this with no visual telegraphing either. That said, it's still a nice place to be.
Yeah i always get that throw out twice, the new players spam counters and the good players continue to block so either way i get it out twice. And against the new players sometimes three times.

Omegan Eckhart

please stop crying about your BROKEN character :( it makes me cry
Please go learn exactly what "broken" means. I'm sick of idiots throwing that fucking word around incorrectly. I have to deal with abuse constantly online because people like YOU hear someone call her broken and decide to join in. I don't even use her fucking pseudo force tech set ups, and guess what without it she is the worst character in the game.

Tell you what, whenever I play online and someone gives me shit for using a "broken" character, you can come to my defence and explain that as I am not using her loop so my character is actually garbage, seeing as you are so educated on the matter.

phoenix1985gr

Well it doesnt matter if you use the tools of a character or not the thing is she still has them... I m not saying shes broken, but i really think she needs a redesign lol... Buffs where she needs them and this stupid loop to go away... I havent fought anyone who plays her like that, but i watched the stream at nec and every helena user was a copycat its just not "right"... At this point shes on the edge of being the most hated character surpassing even jahn lol... Anyway i dont talk about tiers and stuff becuse i dont have the knowledge to do so, but shes so repetitive right now it becomes boring and not fun to watch... You have a character that all their strength comes from only one move and its just stupid

Omegan Eckhart

Well it doesnt matter if you use the tools of a character or not the thing is she still has them... I m not saying shes broken, but i really think she needs a redesign lol... Buffs where she needs them and this stupid loop to go away... I havent fought anyone who plays her like that, but i watched the stream at nec and every helena user was a copycat its just not "right"... At this point shes on the edge of being the most hated character surpassing even jahn lol... Anyway i dont talk about tiers and stuff becuse i dont have the knowledge to do so, but shes so repetitive right now it becomes boring and not fun to watch... You have a character that all their strength comes from only one move and its just stupid
I agree. What I want is a character with overall decent tools not a character with garbage tools and one incredible gimmick to compensate. TN said they won't change anything that would require anyone to relearn their characters so I think this version of Helena is here to stay.

She is a good character right now, still not in the same league as Jann, Lei or Gen but still very strong. I just hate hearing scrubs say she is "broken" just cause they heard someone else say she was without even knowing why she is considered too good. Apparently people haven't played SF2 Akuma, might give them some idea of what broken actually is.

Please go learn exactly what "broken" means. I'm sick of idiots throwing that fucking word around incorrectly. I have to deal with abuse constantly online because people like YOU hear someone call her broken and decide to join in. I don't even use her fucking pseudo force tech set ups, and guess what without it she is the worst character in the game.

Tell you what, whenever I play online and someone gives me shit for using a "broken" character, you can come to my defence and explain that as I am not using her loop so my character is actually garbage, seeing as you are so educated on the matter.
calm down i was jk about her being broken but you all need to stop crying about your character shes not that bad and if she is work harder -_-

Omegan Eckhart

calm down i was jk about her being broken but you all need to stop crying about your character shes not that bad and if she is work harder -_-
#1 This is the internet, make it extremely clear if you are joking. Nobody can read your facial expression or hear the tone of your voice.
#2 Throwing the word "broken" around even as a joke just adds to the stigma Helena players face, regardless of how you meant it to come across you are contributing to the mess.
#3 I've been saying she was good ever since I got my hands on her. That was long before her pseudo force tech garbage was discovered.

Just do me a favour, don't throw out the word "broken" unless you really mean it. Rikuto used that word to describe Helena just once and that alone has started a whole wave of bullshit that Helena players get thrown in their faces whenever they win now.

dawnbringer

I think what makes Helena strong is not her force tech, but her amazing mix-up game. She may have difficulties getting in and maintaining the game. But as things stand right now she is basically unblockable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD