Helena's needed improvements

Dravidian

I just dont understand it....why are most of my favorite characters low tier? Every now and then one of them are mid tier and I only have like...two top tier ones. Never god tier though. I dont mind it though. I kinda like the struggle of working with something I like, but do I have to struggle that much -_-?

AKNova7

I don't think that any characters should be nerfed because none of them seem too good. Taking tools away from good characters shouldn't ever be the way to go, you should just bring low tier characters up to par. I really hope that they get it right the first time because multiple balance patches are just messy and ineffective.

...Just wait until the VF characters get a few minutes to train.

Paradise

...Just wait until the VF characters get a few minutes to train.
They claim they put a lot of work into balancing the VF characters into this game so i'm hoping this isn't the case. Regardless, even if Helena is ass tier in this game, i'll still play her. She's been my main forever.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Was he ever anything else?/quote]

Isn't he high-mid in DOA4? I know he was bad in DOA5's E3 build, but I though he had improved since then. I don't know though. I've never really cared for him, and haven't been following his progress with DOA5.

TRI Mike

I'm most likely dropping Helena from any competitive play. So you probably won't see me use her at all online or if I ever manage to travel to an offline event. I'll still give her a chance and probably have her as my "scrub killer" character to show the game around to people here. But online and offline with good players, not at all.

It pains me to say that but I actually want to be good.

Paulina

I'm most likely dropping Helena from any competitive play. So you probably won't see me use her at all online or if I ever manage to travel to an offline event.
On behalf of the remaining Helena players, we salute you, Mike. :hayabusa:

In all seriousness though, you started this gigantic thread almost immediately, which I'm sure has made its way to TN's attention (whether they're going to ignore it is anyone's guess). You definitely did your part for the Helena community.

TRI Mike

I won't completely drop her (at first). In fact, I'll take care of the official combo thread for her here in FSD just like with Tina and Jann Lee but if she doesn't get any better I won't be playing competitively with her. I heard unranked matches are gone from the online and though I don't care about ranking... that much, I know I'll refuse to lose points because I'll be losing to people from the forums with Helena.

Nightpup

The achievements mentioned something called "Simple Matches", and I remember seeing something else about a different type of match that was ranked. Perhaps Simple Matches are just Unranked ones in disguise?

TRI Mike

I seem to have read something in Twitter about all online matches being ranked like in DOA4 except online sparring. I could be wrong though.

DrDogg

She is a shadow of her former self and pales in comparison to every single other character in the game. Even Brad Wong is better than Helena. All she has is stun mix-ups with BKO throw. That's it. Period.

DontForkWitMe

She is a shadow of her former self and pales in comparison to every single other character in the game. Even Brad Wong is better than Helena. All she has is stun mix-ups with BKO throw. That's it. Period.

denzelcantrcsxl.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD