Hitomi Combo Thread

Saber

Nice find, Raansu. I can actually go for a guaranteed CB now that 6H+K hits after the sidestep K.

Damn, after 6H+K, I tried to do 8K, which should guarantee a CB, but it's too far away. :(

Raansu

I'm assuming you mean by doing 6p+k 2p+k 8k 6p+k which the critical burst is not guaranteed, and that setup only works if the opponent is SEing like crazy. If they don't SE during that setup 6p+k after 6f+k which reach the threshold, which is why I just did 6f+k 6p+k(if you do 2p+k it just knocks them down) 33p in the video even though it didn't show it as max threshold since I had max SE turned on.

If you found something else though then I stand corrected, but as far as I can see, there is no way to get a guaranteed CB since it is a BT setup and you need them front facing to CB which 8k does, but you can hold out of it.

Raansu

Maybe...we'll see how I feel about it if I manage to get it to be consistent in actual matches, though I personally see myself just sticking with the guaranteed 3f+k force techs as it will hit no matter what while 6f+k setup will completely miss if your feet are in the closed stance because the BT kick pushes them too far away (did I mention I really hate the entire idea of open/closed stance making moves inconsistent? Yes? Oh well...)

FakeSypha

Maybe...we'll see how I feel about it if I manage to get it to be consistent in actual matches, though I personally see myself just sticking with the guaranteed 3f+k force techs as it will hit no matter what while 6f+k setup will completely miss if your feet are in the closed stance because the BT kick pushes them too far away (did I mention I really hate the entire idea of open/closed stance making moves inconsistent? Yes? Oh well...)

Lol, I guess you don't play VF then. Shit, all characters have combos and setups revolving around the open/closed stance.

In any case, 6K+F didn't connect in 1.01. I remember trying that setup back then when I posted that crappy vid early on this thread. Glad that now it seems to work. Well, is stance dependent but we'll have to deal with that.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Lol, I guess you don't play VF then. Shit, all characters have combos and setups revolving around the open/closed stance.

In any case, 6K+F didn't connect in 1.01. I remember trying that setup back then when I posted that crappy vid early on this thread. Glad that now it seems to work. Well, is stance dependent but we'll have to deal with that.

Sidestep K - 66K is only dependent on the opponent's stance. You have to step to the direction of the opponent's back. Hitomi's stance doesn't matter. Is it the same with this combo or do you have to mind open/closed stance?

FakeSypha

Sidestep K - 66K is only dependent on the opponent's stance. You have to step to the direction of the opponent's back. Hitomi's stance doesn't matter. Is it the same with this combo or do you have to mind open/closed stance?
According to what Raansu just said, SS K, 6K+H will only connect in open stance. Closed = whiff.

Haven't tested it myself yet. Hell, I haven't touched that setup for months. I posted it back then, because I thought it was a cool tech. Not so useful in the end, but cool and flashy.
I'll dedicate more time to this SS K again. If I find something that wasn't already stated, I'll share it.

FakeSypha

Hey, something seems to be off here. I spent some hours messing around with this SS K. I don't know what to say, but I could connect 6K+H both on open and closed stance, and both while stepping back (away from the screen) and front (towards the screen). The only way that 6K+H would miss for me was when doing SS K too far away from the foe. In those cases any stance and step combinations whiffed completely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I surely need more testing to double and triple check every situation, but if I had to say a 'verdict' on this crap right know, I'd say this setup isn't stance dependent.

I got some other weird stuff:

1) If you set the SE option to fastest and COM reaction to Standing Guard you get a limbo stuff off 6K+H. So the setup will be SS K, 6K+H, launcher, juggle.
2) If you set the SE option to fastest, COM reaction to Standing Guard, and Critical Holds to fastest you'll see how the CPU could potentially hold after 6K+H.
3) If you set the SE option to fastest, COM reaction to Hold and/or Critical Hold you'll be able to do the setup shown by Raansu on his vid (SS K, 6K+H, 6P+K, 33P, juggle)

Another thing I just realized while re-reading previous posts:
Raansu said:
while 6f+k setup will completely miss if your feet are in the closed stance because the BT kick pushes them too far away
That's closed stance and it's not missing on the vid :S

I'm gonna be a bit offtopic here. Just checking if we're on the same boat, or if I'm just fucked up in the head by paying so much attention to this stupid setup. About foot stances: you always need to pay attention to both characters' feet because foot stances are stablished by comparing your feet position to the foe's feet position. The stance is either closed or open. And applies to both.
Closed stance
closed-stance-1-png.835
closed-stance-2-png.836

Open stance
open-stance-1-png.844
open-stance-2-png.845

Sorry for the wall of text and any nonsense you could find in my shitty English.

Raansu

So it was late when I was messing around with that last night and just didn't really care to test any further. But this should clear up any confusion about the stances (including my own thanks to SSK being bonkers and completely throwing me off as it seems that it is only dependent on your opponents stance.)

46k only works in open stance.
ppk only works in open stance.
3kpk only works in closed stance.
2SSK doesn't seem to give two shits and works with both open and closed as long as your opponents left foot is forward and 8SSk will whiff every time... However if their right foot is forward 8SSk will hit regardless of stance and 2SSK will miss every time...So the SSK is completely bonkers. (This is from player 1 perspective).

Player 2 perspective with SSK is the same. 8SSK works regardless of stance as long as the player 1 opponents left foot is forward and 2SSK will work regardless of stance as long as the opponents right foot is forward.

@Sypha, 6f+k is guaranteed, but that stun it's making is not a limbo stun, which is why they can hold out of it. I however cannot mimic it with the record function. I even plugged in a turbo controller to get a fast SE out of it and I still never got put into that weird limbo type stun so I have no idea why it's reacting in that way with the com SE/Block settings.

As for your 'verdict', it is definitely stance specific. It's just that, as usual, DoA handles mechanics slightly different than other games(at least with the SS). This setup is far too inconsistent for my tastes, and my general distaste for stances (I despised them in VF as well Sypha) just makes me want to stick with the safety of a guaranteed force tech. Yeah, I'll miss out on around 50 damage, but I think I prefer to avoid the wake up kicks and get that guaranteed +17 over the chance of being in the wrong stance and 6f+k whiffing.

FakeSypha

Thanks for clearing it out, Raansu.
Btw, on that 'limbo-like' stun I'll just leave it as one of those things the CPU can do and people can't, at least until somebody shares a more likely answer. I used the turbo function on the arcade stick and couldn't reproduce it either.

Oh well, this whole thing is just absurd. I mean, for what that kick is (very situational and limited in use) having the dire need to stance check all that is too much. This is a proof of how poorly DOA5 handles foot stances, at least for Hitomi.
I'll end this by quoting how open/closed stances work in VF5FS. Even if you despised them, I can assure it doesn't get to this level of bullshit. Not at all.
VF mechanics said:
Combos are stance dependent, not launchers: It's the actual combo itself, and not the starting move, that's dependent on stance. You may have a combo that only connects against an airborne opponent in Open Stance. However, you can start this combo with either Launcher X or Launcher Y - but - Launcher Y actually changes your player's foot position during the move. Therefore, it's easier to think of the combo being an "Open Stance Combo" for either launcher, provided you just check the stance after the launch. Otherwise, the same combo would be an "Open Stance Combo" for Launcher X, and a "Closed Stance Combo" for Launcher Y, and that doesn't make a lot of sense.
Jokes on you VF, apparently it makes sense for DOA5 xD

P1naatt1ke1tt0

OK, I'm just posting a semi-interesting strat here just because the Hitomi section has been so quiet lately. Anyway, I've been wondering about strings ending in the high flying kick (PP6PK, 8PK6PK, etc.). Could this be used as a pressure tool? I haven't experienced with it in real fights yet, but the idea is this: Hitomi is at -1 if the kick is blocked. A typical answer after a safe string is blocked is for the blocker to attack with mids. Mids typically are 12-14 frames. Now, the Hitomi player can instantly keep the pressure up with PP-combos, since the jab is now essentially 11 frames, and get in nice counter hit stuns?

So my question is, do you guys think this would be viable? Anyone tried this kind of pressure?

Raansu

OK, I'm just posting a semi-interesting strat here just because the Hitomi section has been so quiet lately. Anyway, I've been wondering about strings ending in the high flying kick (PP6PK, 8PK6PK, etc.). Could this be used as a pressure tool? I haven't experienced with it in real fights yet, but the idea is this: Hitomi is at -1 if the kick is blocked. A typical answer after a safe string is blocked is for the blocker to attack with mids. Mids typically are 12-14 frames. Now, the Hitomi player can instantly keep the pressure up with PP-combos, since the jab is now essentially 11 frames, and get in nice counter hit stuns?

So my question is, do you guys think this would be viable? Anyone tried this kind of pressure?

Yes, spam the hell out of it. It's -1 and you can't hold it either.

Randy Chhun

You will never get 2p+k on anyone who even slow escapes a small amount. It's the reason why I never used those setups because I found them then tried using them against angryworm and he just blocked 2p+k every time. It's also the reason why I never bothered posting them.

I guess if you wanna look flashy against someone who doesn't know how to SE then the setup is great because ya, "if" you get 2p+k off then everything after that is 100% guaranteed, but the risk imo is never worth it. You are better off doing 66kkp which is guaranteed off the same stance placements. That setup you found was actually the last straw for me and made me drop Hitomi for good as 2p+k should be guaranteed given the fact that the setup requires a high kick that RARELY connects and you can never use it in stun while say Kasumi has a similar setup and can use the kick in fairly deep stun and gets a full juggle off of it. Or Bass has a OH BT that gives him a guaranteed full setup...Hitomi (among a lot of other characters with BT setups) get fucked over...

/rant about how I feel DoA5 is terribly balanced.

Yea i just found out recently myself, and i was pissed. -_- its a shame hitomi doesn't really have any solid guarantees.

Randy Chhun

So i found another cb route for high damage. Not something i would use constantly in a match but the damage is lovely and this is probably one of hitomi's hardest combo to pull off.

4pp, cancel, p+kp, cancel, 6p+k, 33p, 7pk, pp6pk. I forget the damage but i remember being about 120 on counter hit.

BlackKnight

Hitomi uses a different leg for SSK depending on the direction she sidesteps. She is consistently in the same stance after the SSK is done at that direction.

I managed to get ss:K->6K+G more consistently when ss:K is executed while stepping towards the opponent's back regardless if she is in open/closed stance prior to the ss:K.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Hitomi uses a different leg for SSK depending on the direction she sidesteps. She is consistently in the same stance after the SSK is done at that direction.

I managed to get ss:K->6K+G more consistently when ss:K is executed while stepping towards the opponent's back regardless if she is in open/closed stance prior to the ss:K.

SSK 6K+G or 66KK should always connect when sidestepping towards the opponents back and always miss when sidestepping the wrong way. However, if you sidestep an actual attack, things get difficult, as many attacks change the stance of the opponent at the last second. For example Kokoro's running P must be sidestepped towards her chest because of this.

Saber

I was going to make a combo video, but laziness got to me, so here's some new (or not) post-CB juggles.

CB! combo used will be 2P+K, 3KP, 6P+K

UNTECHABLES
Lightweights
CB! :5::8::h::+::K::5::6::P::K::~::P::P::6::P::2::K: (104 dmg, +11)

Midweights
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::6::P::K::~::P::P::6::P::2::K: (104 dmg, +11)
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::7::P::K::~::P::P::2_::K::K: (100 dmg, +10)

Heavyweights (works on all weights)
CB! :5::8::h::+::K::5::3::h::+::K: (74 dmg, forgot frame adv.)
CB! :5::6::6::h::+::K::5::3::h::+::K: (same as above)
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::3::K::P::6::P::2::K: (have to delay low sweep kick, forgot details)

JUGGLES
Lightweights and Midweights
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::6::P::K::~::7::P::K::K::K: (109 dmg) - best and most consistent
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::6::P::K::~::P+K::P::P: (108 dmg, midweights open stance only)
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::3::K::P::4::P::P::P: (109 dmg, midweights open stance only)

Heavyweights (works on all weights too)
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::P::P::4::P::P::P: (10[4?] dmg - 111 dmg depending on charge duration of last P)
CB! :5::3::3::P::5::3::K::P::6::P::K: (104 dmg)

Nuke-Nin

So i found another cb route for high damage. Not something i would use constantly in a match but the damage is lovely and this is probably one of hitomi's hardest combo to pull off.

4pp, cancel, p+kp, cancel, 6p+k, 33p, 7pk, pp6pk. I forget the damage but i remember being about 120 on counter hit.
Tested on Kokoro PP6PK doesn't connect on normal hit so I used P+KPP

Saber

Tested on Kokoro PP6PK doesn't connect on normal hit so I used P+KPP
Maybe it's open/closed stance related. And it also requires very precise timing (which is easy since the buffer system is quite lenient).

It works up on all Lightweights (and by that, I mean Feather, Lightweight and Welter).

P1naatt1ke1tt0

We could start with our finds for DOA5U combos. As everyone can see in the combo challenge, Hitomi's basic PL juggle is
:3::3::P+K:, :3::3::P:, :4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P:
This doesn't work on Alpha, since she floats too high in the air. The only one I've found for Alpha was
:3::3::P+K:, :3::3::P:. :8::P::K::P:, :P::P::6::P::K:
, which gives the exact same damage. Pitiful. Any finds, anybody?

Let's remind everybody here, that Hitomi's BnB treshold juggle, for example after CB and :3::3::P: is now
:4::K::K:, :P::P::4::P::P::P:, which works on mid and light weights. On Gen Fu,
:4::K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K:. On heavies,
:P::P::4::P::P:(charge):P:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD