How do/would you want Leon and Ein to play in DOA5?

DontForkWitMe

I know this topic is about the gameplay side of things but might as well go all the way and add my preferences on leon's cosmetic side

New DOA5 model:
Leon is one of the few characters that didn't suffer from the doll look from previous games so he would most likely look pretty much the same in DOA5 artstyle but i have a few preferences i'd like them to add .

-bring back his old slicked back hair from DOA4 and not that ugly crap hes sporting in DOAD.
-increase his badassery by giving him a more aged grizzled look, beard, chest hair, body scars, eye patch or hey all of the above!

example solidus snake from MGS2
24472-header.jpg

-give him his arm tattoo in all his outfits, its stupid and inconsistent how he has it in some outfits and its completely gone in others
-make him as big, swoll, and jacked as he was in DOA3?DOA2U, he looks too lean and slender in DOA4/Dimensions

returning costumes i'd prefer:
1.default desert camo outfit with optional turban
leon_doa-31.png

2.black wife beater with red pants and shades from DOA3
259771543_small.jpg

3.full metal alchemist trench coat from DOA2U
Leon_DOA2.jpg

4.the DOAD version of his rambo cosplay outfit
dead_or_alive_3d_conceptart_NAU7L.jpg

5.spartan warrior outfit
320px-DOA4_Leon_3.jpg

new costumes ideas:
1. brown leather duster, shirtless, with army pants and combat boots dog tag necklace

wouldya know! another MGS example

Liquid_Snake_4991c5c06fbf2.jpg

2. to go along with his desert theme something along the lines of this:
newpop1_2.jpg

and im done. damn who would of thought speculating and thinking of the possibilities of leon is far more entertaining than actually playing DOA5. no way TN will actually do any of this and if he does wind up coming back he'll be a quick copy and paste job in both gameplay and appearance :(

Jaguar360

They should basically stay the same with a few tweaks in moveset and appearance. Leon should have slightly improved striking ability and guaranteed ground throws and a few more changes that are too complex for my understanding. Ein should basically be copy and paste, but with a few new cool moves and of course, the Hayate-like redesign.

TakedaZX

I know people won't like it, but since I've always found Hayate very boring, I wanted him to have some of Ein's epic moves in DOA5-6 (4K, 46K, 236K, 7P, 3.K, 9KP, 7K, 3K+H, 33T) and some of his best costumes (karate gi, leather jeans/net t-shirt, red trousers/chains). This way, Hayate's character would be more interesting (both fighting style and costumes/art direction). Some of Ein's epic holds could be used for a new fighter (love them). :oops:

On the other hand, I want Leon to be back for good, as the "wild/manly/hairy/brutal brawler" stereotype we don't have yet. I think his presence is really necessary in the cast contrary to SM Ein. Mila and Leon should have a tag throw.

Please don't hate me. And eh, I wouldn't mind seein Ein as a DLC, that would be nice for the fans. That would be the proof that TN is listening to their fans, lovely. :)
Hayate has just about all the move you just brought up.
4K - X
46K =236K
236K = 214K
7P = X
3K = X
9KP = doesn't exist?
9PK = 8PK (don't hold 8)
7K = 8K/66PK
3H+K = 3H+K (same concept but different properties and movement, I don't think Hayate needs this one)
33T = OMG WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS AWAY FROM HAYATE, IT WAS SO RIGHT IN HIS OLD WIND DASH. IT WAS THE BEST AND COOLEST GRAB IN THE GAME. THEY BETTER BRING IT BACK TO EIN, AND FFS THEY SHOULD REALLY ADD BACK IN HAYATE'S OLD WIND DASH. (Rage Fit Over)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
LEON should have the exact same move set of DOA4.
with adjusted moves to make sit down stuns.

His sidestep P should be a backhand slap and his voice saying RRRROOOUUWWAAA
His sidestep K can be his Knee
and he should have a Takedown sidestep like Mila .. using H+P

His powerblow should involve him smacking the opponent into his mega hand slap 6P+K

aah one can only dream ..

Jaguar360

33T = OMG WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS AWAY FROM HAYATE, IT WAS SO RIGHT IN HIS OLD WIND DASH. IT WAS THE BEST AND COOLEST GRAB IN THE GAME. THEY BETTER BRING IT BACK TO EIN, AND FFS THEY SHOULD REALLY ADD BACK IN HAYATE'S OLD WIND DASH. (Rage Fit Over)
To be fair, Hayate has this with his mid punch hold, but I definitely liked this grab back in DOA3 :) . I think that the :3::3::F+P: he has now or the one from DOA4 and DOAD should become :214::F+P: instead and be replaced with the Ein grab.

TakedaZX

To be fair, Hayate has this with his mid punch hold, but I definitely liked this grab back in DOA3 :) . I think that the :3::3::F+P: he has now or the one from DOA4 and DOAD should become :214::F+P: instead and be replaced with the Ein grab.
I actually finally found Hayate's Hokage in DOA5. It's the wind dash grab to a backturned opponent. It's less damage than the regular wind dash grab and anti-climatic for what it is since the impact sound is less epic. I'd honestly just like it to be, that he has Hokage from his wind dash, period, then take his current grab and switch it back to his expert mid punch hold.

I also agree, his old doa4 :3::3::F+P: was great, it should come back as it was.

SilverKhaos

two things they need to do with Leon.

He's supposed to be the literal strongest man in Dead or Alive, so he shouldn't be reliant on juggles. Not saying he can't have them, but he should be more focused on power moves just guard breaking, slamming, yaknow, just overpowering people, not having to set up free damage like a pansy.

Give him a special tag team with mila, where one of their throws is a dual mount tackle. Maybe Milas>Leon can be a dual mount tackle, and Leon>Mila can be a suplex into mount tackle.

OOH...he needs a multiple suplex into mount tackle combo throw. Awesome. Maybe an argentine back breaker/tower bridge move.

TakedaZX

Did anyone agree or disagree with my post on the last page about the new combo string given to Ein?

Jaguar360

two things they need to do with Leon.

He's supposed to be the literal strongest man in Dead or Alive, so he shouldn't be reliant on juggles. Not saying he can't have them, but he should be more focused on power moves just guard breaking, slamming, yaknow, just overpowering people, not having to set up free damage like a pansy.

Give him a special tag team with mila, where one of their throws is a dual mount tackle. Maybe Milas>Leon can be a dual mount tackle, and Leon>Mila can be a suplex into mount tackle.

OOH...he needs a multiple suplex into mount tackle combo throw. Awesome. Maybe an argentine back breaker/tower bridge move.
Speaking of Tag throws, if Ein comes, he should get one with Rig.

SilverKhaos

Speaking of Tag throws, if Ein comes, he should get one with Rig.

I get a Leon/Mila tag team, both are brutal and straightforward, plus she inherited his signature move....but whast the relation between Ein and Rig to warrant a tag throw? Just that its the two removed and two new characters, or what?

SilverKhaos

The triple suplex move. leon should have that. Really, he should get everything here except the first move, though obviously not flying through the air (then again....the Izuna Drop does it.....so why not go all the way and let Leon do it, maybe as his cliffhanger grab, let him do that move where he slams em down on their ribs from way up high?)

Jaguar360

I get a Leon/Mila tag team, both are brutal and straightforward, plus she inherited his signature move....but whast the relation between Ein and Rig to warrant a tag throw? Just that its the two removed and two new characters, or what?
They were both amnesiacs, are both striking characters, and what you just said.

SilverKhaos

ALSO, beyond just Mila, Leon should have tag teams with

Bayman, Zack, and Jan Lee, at minimum. Bayman for obvious reasons, jan for beoth striving to be the "strongest men", and Zack because of their oddball dialogue of Leon recognizing him back in DOA2.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD