How is everybody enjoying the game so far?

I enjoy this game a lot especially when I see old faces
Angrywormv2 = High tier hitomi!!! Raansu... he digging outta the recycle bin for change. trash hitomi

Chaos

Way better than that kiddie ass DOAD and way more competitive than DOA4 so...yeah its a awesome fighting game but unfortunately the buffer system & giltches really makes me hate the game sometimes.

Musourenka

I'm liking it a lot more than DOA4, and I played the hell out of that.

And I also was a 'Tomi player then. 6H+P > 6PK > 6H+P > 7PK never gets old.

DontForkWitMe

im enjoying it about as much as someone whos main for 3 straight games was cut for no good reason and whos only other character he gives a damn about is garbage and has lows and attacks that leave him at disadvantage on hit and has no guaranteed tools to utilize worth of damn. otherwise this game is amazing average.

Chaos

im enjoying it about as much as someone whos main for 3 straight games was cut for no good reason and whos only other character he gives a damn about is garbage and has lows and attacks that leave him at disadvantage on hit and has no guaranteed tools to utilize worth of damn. otherwise this game is amazing average.
Who is that character you assuming? Ryu?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying the game anywhere near as much as I had hoped. I'm not knocking the game itself, I think it's great, but I just can't play it worth a shit. They cut my main character (Tengu), as well as my secondary character (Leon) and now, more than two months after release, I still haven't found a character that I can replace them with.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't play this game. I was never really good at the last one either, but I was at least competent enough to play other average players and maintain a measly 54% win average (60% with Tengu alone). Now, I get my ass handed to me by some of the absolute worst players around and no matter how much I try, I just can't seem to get better. My win average is 29% and steadily declining. I don't know what to do. Sadly, I rarely even touch the game anymore.

Tokkosho

^ that made me... sad :( you can add me and me and some friends can try to help you build interest in characters/ the game again if you want.

DontForkWitMe

sad story bro :( .

this right here is great example why its idiotic to cut characters in a fighter. you spend years using someone you click with and practice with and grown attached to then its just stripped away in a new installment and developers expect you to simply move on and use someone else, fucking stupid. i lost all interest in SCV and still haven't touched that game simply for the fact that they cut my mains and have no desire to learn any of the other characters, its one thing to cut a character and replace it with someone else who inherits their style(ex. kilik/xeba,natsu/taki or xinghua/lexia) but to completely scrap an entire style altogether is ridiculous and i simply won't support any fighter that does this. TN lucked out in that my secondary was in DOA5 otherwise i wouldn't have given in the time of day if neither leon nor eliot were in it

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
this right here is great example why its idiotic to cut characters in a fighter. you spend years using someone you click with and practice with and grown attached to then its just stripped away in a new installment and developers expect you to simply move on and use someone else, fucking stupid.

Yup. I have no interest in Akira, Sarah, or Pai because of this. I've also decided not to use Alpha-152 because I don't expect her to be a regular character either.

MasterHavik

well it's a double-edged sword when you cut characters from fighters. Sometimes it will have a huge effect, and sometimes it won't. I have said this multiple times....characters like Tengu, Ein, and Leon in my opinion don't make or break this game because they were already forgotten and to see people care about them now is laughable. Where is the logic in this? why are crying for someone you never used until now? It's kind of like you're being really picky for no reason. I mean Tekken still sold well even though characters like Armor, Jun, Kunimitsu, and others were not always in the newest tekken.(Not counting TTT2.) People didn't drop T5/Dr, T6, and etc. just because X character wasn't in the game.

The crazy part about all this is that DOA 5 is still selling well it just shows how three nobodies don't effect shit unlike cutting main stable characters like Kilk, Talim and Zas in SC.

Chaos

this right here is great example why its idiotic to cut characters in a fighter. you spend years using someone you click with and practice with and grown attached to then its just stripped away in a new installment and developers expect you to simply move on and use someone else, fucking stupid. i lost all interest in SCV and still haven't touched that game simply for the fact that they cut my mains and have no desire to learn any of the other characters, its one thing to cut a character and replace it with someone else who inherits their style(ex. kilik/xeba,natsu/taki or xinghua/lexia) but to completely scrap an entire style altogether is ridiculous and i simply won't support any fighter that does this. TN lucked out in that my secondary was in DOA5 otherwise i wouldn't have given in the time of day if neither leon nor eliot were in it
When I found out that Taki wasn't on SCV, I didn't care about the series anymore, in fact, I lost interest after SCII.

Chaos

Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying the game anywhere near as much as I had hoped. I'm not knocking the game itself, I think it's great, but I just can't play it worth a shit. They cut my main character (Tengu), as well as my secondary character (Leon) and now, more than two months after release, I still haven't found a character that I can replace them with.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't play this game. I was never really good at the last one either, but I was at least competent enough to play other average players and maintain a measly 54% win average (60% with Tengu alone). Now, I get my ass handed to me by some of the absolute worst players around and no matter how much I try, I just can't seem to get better. My win average is 29% and steadily declining. I don't know what to do. Sadly, I rarely even touch the game anymore.
That shit is depressing. :(

Zeo

well it's a double-edged sword when you cut characters from fighters. Sometimes it will have a huge effect, and sometimes it won't. I have said this multiple times....characters like Tengu, Ein, and Leon in my opinion don't make or break this game because they were already forgotten and to see people care about them now is laughable. Where is the logic in this? why are crying for someone you never used until now? It's kind of like you're being really picky for no reason. I mean Tekken still sold well even though characters like Armor, Jun, Kunimitsu, and others were not always in the newest tekken.(Not counting TTT2.) People didn't drop T5/Dr, T6, and etc. just because X character wasn't in the game.

The crazy part about all this is that DOA 5 is still selling well it just shows how three nobodies don't effect shit unlike cutting main stable characters like Kilk, Talim and Zas in SC.
I don't know about Leon, and I agree about Tengu. But people actually DID use Ein, high level and casual players alike. He was used in DOA2 and 4. His omission is legit, not on par with SCV's character omission but he was certainly cared about and hardly considered a "nobody".

And it is legit to complain about characters regardless, even ones you don't use. Because cutting characters from fighting games, especially fighting games is detrimental to the game and to do it for story purposes? You can't really compare that to Tekken, Asuka more or less WAS Jun with a different model and attitude. People just actually liked Jun. Ein and Leon on the other hand have notable differences from their counterparts and replacements (Hitomi), enough differences to make a matter in competitive play, which is kind of the point of fighting games to begin with.

You are right however, they don't make or break the game, but it would be a better game for many, if they were in it. Not even going to comment on SCV anymore, literally cut every character I used and liked from the series, I gave up at that point. I'm done with SC.

SilverForte

I got lucky with SCV, even though they cut out Cass and Soph, I ended up liking Patroklos just as much, I do feel for the people who used Zas, Talim, Yun though.

I think the same thing happened with sfIII when they cut out everyone except for ryu and ken, people weren't happy.

MasterHavik

I don't know about Leon, and I agree about Tengu. But people actually DID use Ein, high level and casual players alike. He was used in DOA2 and 4. His omission is legit, not on par with SCV's character omission but he was certainly cared about and hardly considered a "nobody".

And it is legit to complain about characters regardless, even ones you don't use. Because cutting characters from fighting games, especially fighting games is detrimental to the game and to do it for story purposes? You can't really compare that to Tekken, Asuka more or less WAS Jun with a different model and attitude. People just actually liked Jun. Ein and Leon on the other hand have notable differences from their counterparts and replacements (Hitomi), enough differences to make a matter in competitive play, which is kind of the point of fighting games to begin with.

You are right however, they don't make or break the game, but it would be a better game for many, if they were in it. Not even going to comment on SCV anymore, literally cut every character I used and liked from the series, I gave up at that point. I'm done with SC.
well let leave Ein out of this. But Leon and Tengu got the nobody title because....Hello? You're suppose to use that character if you like so much, not cry for them when they get cut. I love Zack and I use Zack. So TN hears me at least when I say something Zack related. I mean people like offbeat ninja( If he still around) and Zeo rep Ein mad hard in the previous versions of the game. They got played by TN, but no Leon or Tengu mains stepped up until now.

I feel bad for you that SC5 piss you off man. It's so fucked up, but much respect you and your Ein rep.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD