"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

Dave

So, his High Punch Sabaki is in, what about his Mid Punch Sabaki?

By the way, Jacky is the ultimate Troll, some people are getting really angry if you overuse Jacky Stance Switch multiple times before the match starts, and you can always use Side Hook Turn to Blind Back Knuckle for some additional Yeeeeeeeeeah after winning a round;)

good. help me to combat being taunted. sarah's got a few little good tricks to do, but jacky's is better.

wiztick

So, his High Punch Sabaki is in, what about his Mid Punch Sabaki?

By the way, Jacky is the ultimate Troll, some people are getting really angry if you overuse Jacky Stance Switch multiple times before the match starts, and you can always use Side Hook Turn to Blind Back Knuckle for some additional Yeeeeeeeeeah after winning a round;)
don't forget 2-part jump punch we're everyone always blocks the first punch and flies on the second.(also with some additional YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH)

The Dynast

Just a quick heads up for anyone that is still worried about it, Jacky has two flip kicks: one is the normal 7K and the other is 7K+G which is chargeable and his power launcher.

wiztick

Just a quick heads up for anyone that is still worried about it, Jacky has two flip kicks: one is the normal 7K and the other is 7K+G which is chargeable and his power launcher.
ha so they finally made use of the 1 frame faster unlisted flipkick move. about dam time.

EDIT: oh man SSS shatterd my expectations. the second hit contributes well for a crit hit burst and bil jee/ his CB kick are good follow ups. even his little low kick that was useless in FS(:2::K:)has more purpose(:P::P::P+K: and :2::K:as follow up) frame kick is way easy in this game and frame kick/axe kick loop is sexy as well. the spin variant of his kicks(:P::P::K:/:H+K:/:6::P::P::K:) make the slide shuffle option much safer than it was in FS as well. Jacky is moat defiantly going to rip that derriere.

Last edited:

RoboJoe

6K cancel is so much easier than vf5fs. I think I'll actually sub him, since I'll be able to make the most of his damage now.

Ghosty-J

The timing for his kick is a bit off-putting. Like I have to press :h: earlier than I used to since I'm used to pressing it exactly when it hits. It's probably gonna take some time to get used to, but it's definitely easier. Online, I'm not entirely sure :/

Dave

The timing for his kick is a bit off-putting. Like I have to press :h: earlier than I used to since I'm used to pressing it exactly when it hits. It's probably gonna take some time to get used to, but it's definitely easier. Online, I'm not entirely sure :/

It's true. When you have to do it in the middle of combos I get it wrong all the time.

WINBACK

Bunch of random Jacky shit I posted on the Competitive DoA Facebook. Not sure how much of it is here:

---some of Jacky's tracking is goofed up. The last hit of 6PPP and 6PP2K track, but not 6PPK?
The last hit of PP4PK tracks, but not 4PK??? Pretty sure they'll patch that.

---WTF, Tecmo didn't even finish Jacky's incoming Ground Attack in Tag Battle??? You can even combo off of it.
Example: pick Ein and Jacky on the same team. Do 7K on normal hit with Ein, immediately tag-in Jacky with 8P+K+G (lol at his incoming animation), and as soon as Jacky touches the floor (he instantly recovers) do PP6PK. Gay.
It looks like they programmed him do an incoming 8H+K instead of 8P+K. Wrong buttons, retards.

---Okay Team Ninja, I know it's only been like...12 fucking years since DoA3, but why do the default tag throws for the new characters (Brad, Christie, Hayate, Hitomi) still only do the normal 100% damage on Counter and Hi-Counter in DoA5U? Same for Eliot, Kokoro and Mariposa? Good shit overhauling tag mode, dickheads.

Akira, Alpha and Rig had the same issue in DoA5 (Mila, Pai and Sarah's were just fine) and now Jacky, Momiji and Rachel have the same issue in this one. I like the old-school DoA2 Tag Throw notation & slow start-up though.

---Wow, I was joking months ago about Jacky getting Hi-Counter thrown when in neutral stance, but I underestimated DoA's dedication at being DoA.
You can even get a Counter/Hi-Counter Pak Sao if the opponent does a High Punch as soon as Jacky returns to his neutral position, like after moving forward or standing up from a crouch. Whadda fuck, they even thought of that?

Also, in some frame situations, if you're Jacky and you get guaranteed throw-punished without holding Guard, you'll eat Hi-Counter damage because of Pak Sao. Example: do Jacky's 6PPK (-7 on block), then have Hayabusa punish you with his 6H+P throw (i6). If you don't hold Guard or try to attack, you'll take Hi-Counter damage, even though the throw was guaranteed. Hurr durr.

---Pak Sao doesn't work on certain High Punches, like the 2nd hit of Hayabusa's 4PP...Ein's 46P...or Jacky's 4P+K or either hit of his 8PP or the 3rd hit of his 3PPP.

---Jacky has crap throw range, even compared to Lei Fang.

---Jann Lee and Jacky have the same exact Freestep Forward animation. Lazy as fuck.

wiztick

the crap throws are expected. though lets face it. jacky is a problem because there not bad enough. its the same situation with lows. there are currently so-so when in reality it SHOULD be shit. him having a low throw does not help the situation.

WINBACK

Unlisted Jacky Moves:

(facing wall) 3P+K = React Round Kick
(facing wall) 9P+K = Wall Back Roll
***these won't work on small railings, like the ones in the "Arrival" stage.

Almost couldn't find them. React Round Kick had a weird notation.
React Round Kick doesn't track (wtf), has shit range, is +4~7 on block (depends on range) and on hit it does a funny-ass "drop dead" stun that I've never seen before. Most importantly, it has the classic VF "swoosh" sound effect.

And I just noticed that when Jacky is back-turned, his 4P is a turn-around Slide Shuffle P+K (there's no second punch), and his 4K is a turn-around 46H+K.
And his back-turned 2K doesn't knockdown, trip-stun, or even track? Trash.

Last edited:

wiztick

jacky is just full of wierd stuff. things not tracking and round kick being horrible. :4::K: is pretty good because it has a ton of stun and :3::P: is the same as well. other than that i feel like im chiping at my opponets health away with no REAL good damage out of CB.

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I discovered in a tag match not too long ago that Jacky STILL has his wall throw from VF5FS!
Opponent's back faced toward wall: :6::6::F+P:

Or perhaps this was in the movelist. If so, proceed to shame and mock me for my ignorance :x

ScattereDreams

Jacky's block strings

:P::P:
:P::K:
:3::P::P:
:P+K::K: (Safe if you transition into slide shuffle)
:4::P::P:
:4::K::K:
:3::K::P:

Frame Advantage
:P: +1
:2::P+K: +1. Gets +6 if he transitions into slide shuffle
:6_::K: : :h: +3
:8::P+K::K: +3
:4::P::K: or :P::P::4::P::K: +2
Slide Shuffle :P: +1
BT :H+K::4: +1
:3::P::P::[p+k]: +9

Safes
:P::P::K::4: -1
:H+K::4: -2
:1::P+K::P: -5
:8::F+K: - 1
:8::K: -5
Dragon Kick
:6::6::F+K::4:
:1::P: -5 and :1::P::4: +0
:6::P+K: -2
:4::P::P: -3
:P::K: -4
:P+K::K::4:

I may have missed something, he has alot of safes lol

WINBACK

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I discovered in a tag match not too long ago that Jacky STILL has his wall throw from VF5FS!
Opponent's back faced toward wall: :6::6::F+P:

Or perhaps this was in the movelist. If so, proceed to shame and mock me for my ignorance :x
It's in Jacky's move list, it's just not done in Command Training.
If you enter Command Training and view Jacky's command list, you'll actually see the throw ("Wall Face Crush") dimmed out at the bottom of his list of throws. There's a lot of dimmed-out moves that aren't covered in Command Training for all characters, like Leon & Bayman's water-only throws and unique Wake Up Attacks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD