DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

Allan Paris

It used to be guaranteed in ver 1.02.
Wasn't that move changed to be a bouncing attack in DOA5U(according to what some Japanese players said, but not quite sure) instead of a sit-down stun??

Yeah the move was nerfed and it doesn't guarantee 3H+K anymore. 4H+K will only bounce the opponent if you get their back and hit them with it. As of now it's a bounding kick which should guarantee 3H+K in 5U.

Tenryuga

Lol let's not forget about the universal sidestep now. Hopefully the addition of 9PK T fixes Hoshinpos lack of tracking. It didn't matter which guard break Kasumi used because all her followups to the guard break were stepable including the throw if they input a sidestep attack. Perhaps Oboro was sped up to remedy this issue too. If not then I'm not going to be using this dash much outside of stun.

Shade

Yeah the move was nerfed and it doesn't guarantee 3H+K anymore. 4H+K will only bounce the opponent if you get their back and hit them with it. As of now it's a bounding kick which should guarantee 3H+K in 5U.

It doesn't sadly. It just sends to them to ground as if you had hit them mid air with it.

9PK>6P+K loops are very much possible. When you first do it, you feel awesome. But then you realize all your opponent has to do is duck and you're at -35 BT...

9PKT from hoshinpo is very fast and ambiguous although again both options can be ducked.

Tenryuga

It doesn't sadly. It just sends to them to ground as if you had hit them mid air with it.

9PK>6P+K loops are very much possible. When you first do it, you feel awesome. But then you realize all your opponent has to do is duck and you're at -35 BT...

9PKT from hoshinpo is very fast and ambiguous although again both options can be ducked.

Does it at least track SS and not lose to SS strikes? Come the time for a 5U patch we should all blast TN's twitter to get rid of 2P -1 on hit and change 9PK to a mid kick. Maybe fix the hitbox on 66K and P+K while they are at it lol.

Allan Paris

Does it at least track SS and not lose to SS strikes? Come the time for a 5U patch we should all blast TN's twitter to get rid of 2P -1 on hit and change 9PK to a mid kick. Maybe fix the hitbox on 66K and P+K while they are at it lol.

Yes it tracks and it still loses to strikes. it's still a normal throw, it really needs to go back to being an OH.

Tenryuga

Yes it tracks and it still loses to strikes. it's still a normal throw, it really needs to go back to being an OH.

This goes for both 9PT and Oboro from Hoshinpo? They really need to give that dash a way to combat sidestep.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Some of her last combo challenges are absolutely ridiculous. It looks like they made them impossible for the sake of being impossible. They're not even useful or do that much damage.

I'm talking about the launch (mid K expert hold and power launch) ones that you have to follow up with KK7K~P+K and then PPKK. The only thing I can't get to connect is the last KK. You can't do it from where you're standing right after the launch because the backflip in the beginning doesn't hit. So you have to move a bit forward which takes up time and the opponent gets too low for the last KK. I somehow managed to do the power launcher one but have been at this mid k hold one for half an hour and it's my last challenge for her. >>

Princess Kasumi

Okay i played 5U and so far.. she is still the same like her doa5 but i'd say worse

Her new move 66kk is 17- on block and i would say it SHOULD only being used during combo.
66kk (when u input the last k abit slower) is her safest move during frames 3- but it can be held easily since both versions of this move is a mid kick.

her new combo ender only does 5dmg more, its very little dmg, cause its hard to input if you input everything too "fast"

i find it weird that both 9pk. 9pt are both High -__-

3p+k,p comes out faster i guess.

her 8T really needs to be OH.

she is still unsafe as hell. most of her moves leaves her at 10-
and she doesnt have the best lows in this game and she doesnt have good frames, besides her speed(but she does low dmg)

I believe 66k's hitbox is really bad cause whenever i do it, always get poked out of it

A lot of people have been blocking and throw punished me and held my attacks.

she needs safer pokes and her range need to be improved. and i wish 66h+k was faster cause its so slow to me -_-

ebabil

Imo, she's been nerfed heaps. I haven't played extensively, so correct me if I'm wrong, but these are some things I've noticed:
On fastest slow escape, her new 66kk doesn't guarantee anything, and the old one causes the new bound that only guarantees very little damage, whereas in doa5 it guaranteed a CB.
The stun time on her 66p on a backturned opponent is extremely short now. h+k doesn't BT now (I don't get why they'd take it off her and just give it to Momiji and Hayate), but it does BT while the opponent's in stun.
The second kick of 9kk and all it's other forms in strings can be tech rolled out of.
Also, her new ender with 9pk and kk out of hoshinpo does more dmg (and it's pretty minimal at that) the 9pk has a big pushback into a wall (just something I've experienced a lot), so I'll probably just stick to her old ender.

What do you guys think?

Allan Paris

All I know is, if you weren't successful with Kasumi in doa5 you are probably not going to be successful with her in 5U. I know that may sound pretty messed up, but I am only being honest, brutality.

Her DOA4 version (minus FT) has been copy and pasted in 5U and her DOA5 style (guaranteed damage) has been toned down greatly. The use of her new juggle ender does not do better damage across the board. Some of her DOA5 juggles still hurt more.

I can tell that they are watching people play the game because it seems like the tools that were abused or looked like it was too much, those got messed with. H+K is pretty much ass but I'll take the little bit that it gives now. It was a great tool for people who whiff'd shit stupidly or kept miss holding.

I am glad I didn't show off her 66T bs because I am sure that would have gotten fixed like Hayate's 236T did. As of now the only nice addition that she has is her 46T, it puts her at +10 and she continue with her pseudo pressure... string delay, YEAH!

Her 4KK string being added to her punch stings was dumb. 6H+K needs to comeback to her punch strings because Kasumi picked up environmental damage from her juggles that ended with 6H+K. I was highly pissed when I did the string and she went back-turned on me, I had to look at my controller to see if I pressed the right damn button.

Kasumi is still good, you just have play a lot harder than you were playing before with her. It seems like all of the characters got this special treatment except for the new or brought back characters. Hopefully something can be found with her in the long run.

Keylay

Yea, seems like she's been nerfed. I don't like the new floor bounds. Maybe something useful will be found from them in the future but I'd rather have the sit down stun 66KK used to give or the ground bounce from 4KK. I don't like her new 3PK. I used that for resets and it gave you a back turned stun. 66P on a back turned opponent makes the opponent turn around now. 9PK damage is almost half as much.

But I guess just keep at it in the lab and maybe we'll find something really cool.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
9PK really isn't great for juggles except for a few of them. It's still not scary unless it's a mid either, otherwise it can be ducked & you're fucked. For H+K, 6K, 9K, 4PK, & 6P6K are options. 66KK doesn't give her anything & the 66K hit box is still an issue.

For 4H+K bound 4H+K 4P2K, I found a tech that put her at +3 & 66K~K (another bound) 4P2K puts her at +4.

Last edited by a moderator:

KasumiMugen

Oh god Kasumi is nerfed like hell. Where are her guaranteed options? I mean her 66T~4PK~44P~7K~PKK9KP+K for example..
Also, where is the turnaround H+K? Another guaranteed thing thats been deleted.

Still need to get used to the DOA5U Kasumi, but all I can say is that I dont like her that much as in DOA5. But I really like Momiji

UprisingJC

Okay i played 5U and so far.. she is still the same like her doa5 but i'd say worse

her new combo ender only does 5dmg more, its very little dmg, cause its hard to input if you input everything too "fast"

It does only 5 more damage because TN nerfed the damage caused by her 9K A LOT.
From 40 -> 23.

i find it weird that both 9pk. 9pt are both High -__-
That means low strikes or special low moves(Tank roll, Jakeiho stance...etc) still serve as the best choice against Kasumi's Hoshinpo Stance.

3p+k,p comes out faster i guess.
Still the same speed, but now it leaves Kasumi at +31 on NH, not -1.
Only the elbow attacks from her Hoshinpo stance receive this change. Her 6pp, 3ppp still leave her at -1 on NH.

her 8T really needs to be OH.
If it were oh, non-Kasumi players would start whinning about her again.

she is still unsafe as hell. most of her moves leaves her at 10-
and she doesnt have the best lows in this game and she doesnt have good frames, besides her speed(but she does low dmg)

I believe 66k's hitbox is really bad cause whenever i do it, always get poked out of it

A lot of people have been blocking and throw punished me and held my attacks.

Agree.

she needs safer pokes and her range need to be improved. and i wish 66h+k was faster cause its so slow to me -_-

Just restrict the use of it. It's never been a good move after all.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD