IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

daman077c

The community doesn't need to play the game to determine that Akira and Sarah are good.

Bingo. We already knew that Akira and Sarah are good coming from VF; CrazySteady using Sarah like a beast at HIN showed that she's going to be a force when the game drops.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hlp of the rest of the cast is to be determined. Without competition we will not know these characters exact placement. Helena in Doa4 was said to be bottom tiered at release, yet after a couple of months later we find she is not only top, but have the best forced tech loop in the game.

All in all, we do not know what defensive and/or offensive tech that could be found. No one currently is playing DOA5 at its true potential.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hlp of the rest of the cast is to be determined. Without competition we will not know these characters exact placement. Helena in Doa4 was said to be bottom tiered at release, yet after a couple of months later we find she is not only top, but have the best forced tech loop in the game.

All in all, we do not know what defensive and/or offensive tech that could be found. No one currently is playing DOA5 at its true potential.

HLP has nothing to do with how good a character is.

It comes down to numbers and glitches, not personal performance.

The numbers show EXACTLY where these characters are. The only thing that hasn't been determined so far are glitches. That is the only thing you could possibly be waiting for right now, and banking on the game having a game-changing series of glitches to mix things up is a longshot. Contrary to popular belief, this is not really that common. Look at SCV, games' tier list hasn't changed much at all since release.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay guys, point was made. Move along.

Good job to Bryan for working hard at getting these articles and IPL Round 2 under way. It was obviously a success, and I look forward to the strategy guide.

Rubedood

Can someone tell me what makes Akira so good? Seeing as how he has a MASSIVE learning curve, to the likes of which no DOA character has seen, AND he's slow, I don't get it. Sarah makes sense after seeing her in that recent tournament, but I don't see Akira as a threat. Someone please enlighten me

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Can someone tell me what makes Akira so good? Seeing as how he has a MASSIVE learning curve, to the likes of which no DOA character has seen, AND he's slow, I don't get it. Sarah makes sense after seeing her in that recent tournament, but I don't see Akira as a threat. Someone please enlighten me

well first off hes slow cause so far no one in DOA5 has been able to use him ive fought the bastard in VF and the guy completely blitzed me.cause hes safe its hard to know when to attack and even if you do you cant just block and bide your time as he has an attack that IMMEDIATELY puts him behind you.

come to think about it couldnt Bayman parry that? its pretty much always the same attack that hits you from behind and even if its quick its not instantaneous

DR2K

He isn't slow, and his learning curve is heavily exaggerated. He's a guard break/frame advantage monster, without any real disadvantages. He's fast, does a ton of damage, and has ways of keeping himself at advantage forever.

Imagine going up against tools like that when most of your moves are unsafe.

daman077c

He isn't slow, and his learning curve is heavily exaggerated. He's a guard break/frame advantage monster, without any real disadvantages. He's fast, does a ton of damage, and has ways of keeping himself at advantage forever.

Bass is the same way; he's a bit slower than Akira, but he's so guard break heavy that it's frustrating. You get hit with GB and you sidestep right into a throw. I'm assuming Akira's sorta going to be the same way, I dunno, there wasn't really an Akira player at HIN, at least, one that I played against.

Rubedood

This ain't VF though, this is DOA and the rules are different. That's why I wanna know.

It also takes a hell of a lot of effort to use him well. I'm having a fuck-hard time trying to get used to how he plays.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Alright guys, I'm locking this since we keep talking about things that didn't occur during IGN's 12 days of DOA5.

Allan Paris

The mere fact that he gets frame advantage and or is left at i0 after the lot of the moves he does is what puts him and Sarah in a class of their own.

Bass is good but, he's not doing that with damn near everything he does. That goes the same for the other good DOA characters.

It's hard to play with Akira but once learned he's filthy and hard to deal with. Yes, you can hold his moves, but who is holding EVERYTHING anyone does?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD