"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

I will definitely pick up Ein in 5U whenever I get it, soo hyped about him been playing alot of DoA3 and DoA2U and it's awesome remembering how good he is and why he was my main until I picked up Hayabusa last year in fact he may even go back to main status or push Ayane back to 3rd and Ein be my secondary either way I look forward to everything he has in store and Tagging up with Hayabusa will be brutal.

I'm a little disappointed to see that 6P+K is a CB now sort of makes it useless outside of Crit Stun however dat PB is soo good alot say it was boring.. Ein doesn't need flashy PBs to show his stuff and 'Tomi went flying afterwards haha. can't wait to see what costumes make a comeback and/or if he'll have some new ones I'm hyped eitherway

TRI Mike

Yes. Something like a launcher or a low sweep would be cool. I also got this idea; Team NINJA itself is describing Ein's karate style as being more about push-back and trying to get the opponent flying far from him. Yet, all his throws leave the opponent in the floor beside him. If Ein were to get a... 7 frame throw that pushes opponents away from him, that'd be nasty for punishing. What do you guys think¿

Tenryuga

Ein should get a launcher throw where he gut punches somebody then uppercuts them into the air. Not a regular gut punch either some DBZ status gut punch. And the height will be high enough for him to do some shit like 3P 9P PP6PK or w/e you guys want.

And Hitomi's PP6PK is just safe because TN felt like making it safe. It has a high, mid P, and low followups. The Mid P followup has a launcher at the end.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
As far as I'm concerned Hitomi should get the animation changes.
Ein is number one (see what I did there?).

Aven Kujo-Gin

As far as I'm concerned Hitomi should get the animation changes.
Ein is number one (see what I did there?).

Exactly, Ein has always stayed on the same line while hitomi has been subjected to changes in each DOA. Same happens to Leon and Bayman, Leon is the one that has changed with time, because Bayman, like Ein, was the first.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Eh, both Leon and Bayman have also changed over the course of the series. Ein hasn't changed nearly as much as anyone else on the roster since his debut (minus move properties and his new PB). Bayman actually got a lot more use out of some of Leon's tools/throws and they were exchanged (33H+P is one of them,Leon discussion is in the Strongest Thread). Popularity also made that happen to Leon.

Aven Kujo-Gin

About Leon and Bayman is true they both have changed, what I was trying to say is that Leon has been changed more in order to make him different than Bayman.
Anyway, this is Ein thread xD
If they make a new animation for some Hitomi attacks(So it won´t be like Ein moves anymore) I will be more than happy.

Zeo

Sounds perfect. Blah, beginner character. I suppose that's right though.

Zeo

Yeah, so is Hayate. But easy to use and easy to win with are two different ballgames.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I agree, it was way too easy to pick up Ein again after hearing of him making a comeback for 5U.
However I feel Ein is pretty much the foundation of DoA's easy to learn, hard to master.

Ein is simple to pick up for beginners however in order to fully incorporate his juggles, whiff punishers and guaranteed damage setups, you need to Ein inside and out which I'm personally looking forward to finding out once again.

Tutorial/combo trainer mode will be a godsend for getting me fully back into Ein as well as my current and new characters such as, Hayabusa, Momiji & Ayane.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I want to see these new changes. He's been the same from 2 to D so I want to see how useful these changes could be in making him play better.

Zeo

I want to see these new changes. He's been the same from 2 to D so I want to see how useful these changes could be in making him play better.

He's actually gotten progressively worse in each title. In 4 he lost his Unholdable mid kick launcher and got significantly slower, his neck chop gets nerfed every game, and some moves that had advantage no longer did.

Even in 5 I already see 2 nerfs. His 3k caused a sitdown in 4 which would have been AMAZING here. And his best long range stun punch (6P+K) has been nerfed to CB status which makes it much slower and riskier to throw out. I hope his new stuff improves him and he gets some buffs to his moves. If we get basically DOA4 Ein but without good sit-down stuns he's going to be low tier again.

His jabs looked a little faster though. 10 frames hopefully, that would be nice. I wonder if 33F+K will actually be useful this time around too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD