"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

TRI Mike

either way look foward to using him since hes a potential secondary to my leon now that eliot got the boot

Yeah according to what I've seen you post this last year, you seem to like Leon a lot for his direct and hard-hitting techniques. Ein is much like that too. I never truly understood why you liked Eliot though.

Zeo

I'm just going to quote what I posted in an old topic a while back about how I want Ein to play. Largely the same but with some improvements.

I've been an Ein main since DOA2 and thinking about how he played in DOA4 makes me think he'd be a heavy hitter and like CyberEvil said, single hit based and CB heavy (Like Akira, how bout that?) but I've been thinking about the technical side of things too after a little experimenting on DOA4 and this is what I feel he should have (if he didn't have some of these things already).

- 10 Frame jab.
- 2p should be +1 on hit
- Make 3p 13 frames.
- Either 6P+K or P+K should be his CB. Confirmed to be 6P+K in the trailer.
- F+K should cause a crumple stun on NH and a BT on CH.
- 3p, 6p, ppp, ppkk, 66pp, 46p, 236p, 66pk, 4ppp, 6kk, 4k, 1kk, 6F+KKK and P+KP should all be safe and 6P+K should be safe from a distance.
- 8p, 8k (1kk), 3k should all be sit-down stuns on CH and in stuns and chainable into CB (yes guaranteed CB combos just like Rig). 3k confirmed not to SDS in trailer.
- 46k, 236k, 7p, 9pk, 4P+K and the last hit of 2kk (pp2kk) should all be guard breaks with advantage on block.
- 3p, 2(release)k, 4k and 9p should all be crushes.
- 2F+K (and all strings that end with it) should be a sit-down on CH and the 2nd hit of 2k2k (pp2k2k) should be a sit-down on NH.
- 6P+K, 3k and 6p should cause unholdable stuns in BT and chainable for a guaranteed BT combo.
- 33F+K should be unholdable.
- 236k, 4ppp and 33F+K should cause a ground bounce with guaranteed followups on NH and CH.
- 66kkk should remain a natural combo on CH.
- 7k should once again become a launcher.
- The last kick of all his pp6pk string variants should remain a mid kick.

Now the new stuff.

- 4pp, F+K, 2F+K, the last hit of all strings that end with k (66pk, etc), 4k, 33F+K and P+K should all be tracking moves.
- He should get a punch finisher to his 66kkk string (236p acting as the punch would work nicely).
- 3kkk should be a natural combo on CH.
- The last hit of hit 4ppp string should be a new sit-down stun (on both NH and CH) and a standalone move (214p)
- His sidesteps should be the last hit from 1kp for the punch and 2(release)k for the kick.

And potentially the most controversial of them all.

- He should keep his standing and crouching OHs. Eh changed my mind.

For anyone unfamiliar with Ein's moves, this should cover anything and assure you everything I'm saying he should have is pretty reasonable.

Finally for the power blow, his charging animation should be a shoulder blow and once it hits you he should do 3p > 6p > 66kk and finally ending with a 236p or a more unique looking punch finisher.

...Yeah I've given this a lot of thought.

As for his power blow, it's fitting that Ein's would take Hayate's place as my favorite PB in the game. Hayate does a bunch of wind dash strikes but Ein's just like "Eff that, just one punch is all I need".

TRI Mike

I completely agree. That would make this guy an EXCELLENT character to play with. Just add about 10 or so new strings and single-strikes and he shoud be good to go.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
There are reasons Ein has been my second main for over ten years now. His simplistic but overpowering combos are one of them.

I'm surprised about how good he looks for how fairly drastically his facial appearance has changed (even though the characters are supposed to look more realistic). Points to the devs for doing an amazing job with him.

Love the Powerblow. It really sums up Ein's playstyle and capabilities. "I will hit you and you will KNOW I did."

Got ya about the 3KK, I haven't touched any past DOA games since 5 came out and the animations sometimes throw me off.

Xernuht

Best Powerblow in game. Mostly for the contrast between his and Hayate's.
I'm really hyped to see how Ein feels with me at the wheel.

Nightpup

I just remembered 4K causes a flop on NH. I wonder if he'll be able to do something off of that flop with the new DOA5U system.

Nightpup

Actually, if it doesn't just launch, getting something like a guaranteed force tech off of 8p would be nice.

You mean using 8P to forcetech? That'd be cool. Personally though I think 4K should flop on CH as well as not be techable; 33K already does everything 4K currently does, but better.

Koompbala

That would be a nice change to him. Make 4K untechable cause yeah there is already 9K and 33K and 3KK for M. K launchers.

ScattereDreams

I wonder what his sit down stuns will be? In DOA4 he had 3k (but in the ein vs hitomi vid it was a regular poke stun), and 8p (the overhead arching mid punch). He keeps the original pp6pk which I like, but Hitomi's is safe on block at -1, unless TN changes that. I hope he gets some good new moves + strings and tools to play with. 6p+k being a CB means it's most likely i20, I believe it was faster in DOA4 since it was a great whiff punisher. Ein's 4k was also ridiculously good.

Koompbala

What I wanna know what moves would track? WR K I'm guessing would lets see. 2KK/PP2KK my guess would be they would make the 2nd K track. 2H+K of course no doubt there.

I don't think any of that will happen though

Okay great, so how about we not discuss Ein then cause it won't happen. Its been established already that this wont happen. Right after Nightpup's first comment on 4K I said that wouldn't work. Saying that won't work doesn't add anything to the conversation.

I wonder what his sit down stuns will be? In DOA4 he had 3k (but in the ein vs hitomi vid it was a regular poke stun), and 8p (the overhead arching mid punch).

I'm guessing 8P would be and maybe 3K on CH on crouching opponent.

He keeps the original pp6pk which I like, but Hitomi's is safe on block at -1, unless TN changes that. I hope he gets some good new moves + strings and tools to play with. 6p+k being a CB means it's most likely i20, I believe it was faster in DOA4 since it was a great whiff punisher. Ein's 4k was also ridiculously good.

Hitomi's PP6PK is safe cause its a high and both string enders can be low blocked. I'm fairly sure Ein's will still be unsafe. I believe his 6P+K has always been in the 19i range. So 236/46P would probably be better whiff punishers now. All CB's take 24dmg I believe. So his straight punches I mentioned probably would be better whiff punishers although. Since his 6P+K is his CB. I'm guessing that will be the longest reaching CB. 4K I really hope stays the same.

Nightpup

Hitomi's PP6PK is safe cause its a high and both string enders can be low blocked. I'm fairly sure Ein's will still be unsafe. I believe his 6P+K has always been in the 19i range. So 236/46P would probably be better whiff punishers now. All CB's take 24dmg I believe. So his straight punches I mentioned probably would be better whiff punishers although. Since his 6P+K is his CB. I'm guessing that will be the longest reaching CB. 4K I really hope stays the same.

The longest reaching CB right now is Alpha's 3K/Ayane's BT 4H+K. We'll see.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD