I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with people's opinions on DOA

Baji Breakdancer

There were (and are) a lot of games that have "excessive fanservice" that didn't survive the 90s. DOA grew in popularity because it was a good game. Also Virtua Fighter has had as many iterations as DOA (until 6) without having any such fanservice. Things like jiggle physics are a novelty placed on top of something else. If the actual game wasn't any good, it wouldn't be a 22-year franchise.

Ninoasker

People being obsessed with fanservice and being super negative was the reason I left the subreddit for DOA and come here people there were neckbeards and nothing else ... You cant say something nice about the game without everyone screaming "FANSERVICE !!!"
Or show any care about the male fighters bc if you do they go all “REEEEE THIS IS A GAEM ABOUT HOT CHICKS FIGHTING!!!!!!! GO BACK TO YUOR TEKKEN OR STREET FIGHTER REEEEEEE!!!”

Macca Beam

oh, so the doa subreddit is on THAT side of the coin. like a more brain damaged twitter/gamefaqs

from my experience, video game subreddits are the places you go to post your blog/diary/fanart (sorry, more like art you commissioned someone else) for free upboats/succs and virtue signal about how much ugh you felt about [satanic thing in weeb media] because your entire existence is driven by a desire to demonstrate your absolute dignity to internet whos

so you could say the site is both cancer and ebola

Hold_Junkie93

And here I was naively thinking Reddit was for memes and bashing EA, Blizzard, Activision, and all that. Then again, I never visit
I've taken the liberty of DM'ing any potential person whom seems serious about the game (Ie'asking technical questions) and to consider joining our domain here. I feel sorry for the newbies who might go to this subreddit thinking they are talking to the community (FSD here). I myself was playing the game for 2 years straight and didin't know about FSD . Actually ended up being the funnest time of my life. Along with VFDC.
Screenshot (3).png

Last edited:

EvangelioN

I've taken the liberty of DM'ing any potential person whom seems serious about the game (Ie'asking technical questions) and to consider joining our domain here. I feel sorry for the newbies who might go to this subreddit thinking they are talking to the community (FSD here).

i was one of those newbies lol And i was there for months ... They made me lose hype for the game because of all that bitching.

Xhominid The Demon Within

i was one of those newbies lol And i was there for months ... They made me lose hype for the game because of all that bitching.

Yep and that's why you shouldn't be heading to reddit at all for anything about the community. If it isn't being negative about something to the point of toxicity, then it's kissing it's ass and you aren't allowed to criticize it. If it's not that, it's only there to basically show off pictures, memes and that's it.

SaihateDYNAMO

Team Ninja should think beyond the FGC if they want DOA to grow. Team Ninja should please their fans and try to lure non-FGC people into the series.
Very few fighting games actually do that these days, so it’s not necessarily a TN thing exclusively. In fact, they probably do that better than a good chunk off fighting game developers, it’s just a matter of whether or not those players will take the game seriously and support it in the long run.

Baji Breakdancer

TBF, that's probably how Shimbori justified being influenced by one-finger phone games. Careful what you wish for.
I don't think it's exactly madness to want to expand your audience. The FGC isn't very big, and won't grow unless there's a reason for new people to play those games. I'm an old-school Virtua Fighter nerd, I love ultra-complex fighter mechanics, but I also like to have people to play with. There's no downside to DOA6 being more beginner-friendly than previous iterations. A game's depth and accessibility are two separate things.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't think it's exactly madness to want to expand your audience. The FGC isn't very big, and won't grow unless there's a reason for new people to play those games. I'm an old-school Virtua Fighter nerd, I love ultra-complex fighter mechanics, but I also like to have people to play with. There's no downside to DOA6 being more beginner-friendly than previous iterations. A game's depth and accessibility are two separate things.
I agree with your sentiments. Where I disagree is that phone games are a good source of inspiration.

Baji Breakdancer

I agree with your sentiments. Where I disagree is that phone games are a good source of inspiration.
Oh totally, it's nonsense. Luckily it seems like the S button doesn't resemble dumb phone games and Shimbori was just using a very bad analogy to describe the new feature.

Hold_Junkie93

Oh totally, it's nonsense. Luckily it seems like the S button doesn't resemble dumb phone games and Shimbori was just using a very bad analogy to describe the new feature.
Ha! The only way I got to play VF consistently, played VF4EVo and 5R was because I decided to step up to the guys streaming and playing. I was the only person that had did that. They said I got good faster than most of them even thought. I love the fuck outta VF and DoA because without those 2 games, I would have never gotten to experience fun and traveling that I wouldn't otherwise be doing. I'm glad DOA6 is rekindling that fire despite it never really leaving my heart.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD