"I'm no pushover sweetie." - The DOA5 Sarah General Discussion Thread

MasterHavik

i swear TN sucks at telling you this. I just figured out her rising knee 3: K : K is a while rising attack and not a jf.

Lei

What are Sarah's guarenteed follow ups after a successful P+K parry? I know KK is one but is there any better ones?

After a P+K hits if they shake it's +10 if they don't you are at +14, take the safer route which is to always assume it will be only +10 because after flamingo people like to high counter. This sets up heavier another frame traps using the +10;3K(i17), 2K(17), 4K(i20), 1K(i22). If you want another link though 5P, 2K:K:K links if they dont SE

Prototype909

So how do you handle characters that can dance around some of Sarah's frame trap game like Kasumi? For example 5P leaves you at +1, 6P following this is a basic and standard frametrap for Sarah in this situation. But Kasumi can just mash out with her 5P and doesn't have to take the frame trap.

I mean I guess you can just start anticipating their mash after they show you they're not going to respect it and hold, but then they can always start going for the throw game on you in return.

Ri0xMcFly

So how do you handle characters that can dance around some of Sarah's frame trap game like Kasumi? For example 5P leaves you at +1, 6P following this is a basic and standard frametrap for Sarah in this situation. But Kasumi can just mash out with her 5P and doesn't have to take the frame trap.

I mean I guess you can just start anticipating their mash after they show you they're not going to respect it and hold, but then they can always start going for the throw game on you in return.

Yeah for Kasumi she going to beat u out. Poking w/ 5p and following up with 6p will make it 10 frames and Kasumis 9 frame jab will always beat you out. The only option I can see if she does that is to follow with a normal 5 frame command throw but since your at plus one it's 4frames now. :p in that match up tho I find 3p+k useful because it crushes highs also p+k for those anticipated hi/mids.

Dave

lmao. i don't get any of these numbers. +14? what is that? your advantage frames?

Ninja of Fate

use elbow and etc tu get stun then work the flamingo game...... bait holds
i know kasumi and crushes in general are annoying
and everything rio pointed out tagging along

Ri0xMcFly

use elbow and etc tu get stun then work the flamingo game...... bait holds
i know kasumi and crushes in general are annoying
and everything rio pointed out tagging along

yeah that works too! but the only issue with throwing elbows is that its -5 on block. so ur only option is to block. i tend to revert to 5p, grab every so often to keep them guessing.

synce

I've only spent a couple days with Sarah but I'm amazed how many people don't respect her FLA transitions. Everyone thinks they can low punch out of P+K,6K :cool:

Nuke-Nin

I've only spent a couple days with Sarah but I'm amazed how many people don't respect her FLA transitions. Everyone thinks they can low punch out of P+K,6K :cool:
her just frame kicks always get a CB for me TROLOLOLOL

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Holy crap. Does anyone still play Sarah? I'm looking to get a little more involved with her and I'm looking for awesome Sarah players to watch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD