Is the Prima guide any good?

xOmniCloudx

The MK9 one was pure garbage and off on so many things as well as missing crucial information. I got a free Kasumi print out for her part of the guide as a free bonus when buying at Gamestop which is why I ask.

Raansu

It's a great introduction for beginners plus it has all the frame data which comes in handy if you need to look something up real quick.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Made by our own Dr. Dog.

Informative, esp for beginners, thick w/lotsa info.

It covers everything up to now but if there's an update the frame/damage info may be different.

ILYA✰

A
Made by our own Dr. Dog.

Informative, esp for beginners, thick w/lotsa info.

It covers everything up to now but if there's an update the frame/damage info may be different.
And then if some moves change their frame data u can use pen to correct the guide... :D

DyByHands

It is very good. If you are a non technical/competitive player like myself it teaches things to help get you there. And, if you are a more hardcore player there is stuff for you aswell, judging by the things I didn't really understand. I am a fan of it. Also, it has some cool photos and things down that line. I would pick it up.

daman077c

I bought it; it's worked as something to refer for what character's Critical Burst is when I was doing all of the titles to unlock Alpha. Until the netcode gets fixed, I'm not really going to deal with frame data, though knowing what is guaranteed and what isn't, what is safe, and what isn't.

TheTHCGamer

The guide also looks nice from the front and back cover. The information in the guide is easy on the eyes to looking up information is a breeze. I usually dont like most fighting games guides because there a giant moves list but this guide is solid.

Stikku

It will be useless and technically incorrect should the game be patched with character balance. May as well just rely on the frame data in-game.

TheTHCGamer

It will be useless and technically incorrect should the game be patched with character balance. May as well just rely on the frame data in-game.
Since there hasnt been anything announced about a balance patch as of yet i dont think well be getting one anytime which means the guide should be relevant for some time. Also changes might happen but no developers going to change the core mechanics introducing a whole new game with patches.

Well unless you count whats happening with SFXT but that game needed a major overhaul. Im pretty sure you can just make the changes in the guide yourself with a pen.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
DOA5 update is comin out today.
PS3 one is out now, 360 one is bein OKd by MS.

And I say still buy the guide.

IllusiveBrah

Yeah, I also bought it and think it's well done and informative. I never played DOA before this and it's given me a better understanding and interest in the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD