Just Frame Knee?

StryBlu

I cant ever seem to do it. What is the correct way of doing it? I press :F+K: and let go of :F: but I cant do it right

Extra

Akira's knee in DOA5 seems a little more relaxed in timing than VF5 to me.
This is pretty much the way I do it:

I've never actually done it without a stick so I'm not sure if it's possible on a pad.

renegadedemon89

I've never actually done it without a stick so I'm not sure if it's possible on a pad.
I've done it on pad, albeit inconsistently and with great inconvenience. I'd re-position my hand so that my thumb was above G and my index above K, I'd then skim over G and press K. I'd always have to buffer it with a side step so as not to remain idle. Then I bought a stick and now everything makes sense.

wali

:H+K: in the X button (ps3) :K: in the O button just move you thumb as faster as you can from X to O and it well come out .

Megawarrior

I should have youtubed this a long time ago. Thanks.

BLACKSTAR

Akira knee on pad? :confused: Ooo, that sucks.

My best piece of advice is, if you're using pad, and are just trying to get through the movelist and thats it, try setting one of the trigger buttons to guard. I would think it'd be much much easier to let go of L1/LB or R1/RB, than it is on the face buttons. Anyone who can do the knee in a tournament setting on pad, I have to give hats off to ya

On stick, the best thing I can say is practice. Get your finger position and muscles comfortable with the percise release. I find myself flicking my thumb off :h: the moment when my middle finger presses :K:. The fact that my buttons are super-sensitive Sanwa helps, meaning I don't really even need to 'push' :h:, just tap it nearly to the point of scraping it. I just learned how to really do knee on my TE stick a few months ago on VF. It works nearly exactly the same here

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

That's me doing his command training. I messed it up plenty, but the timing on his other moves should be easier to see than in the demos it shows you. There isn't much of a trick to it, unfortunately.

Goro Hazuki

Lol! another Akira knee thread.

Follow this link to a mini practice and tips (10th post down):
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-akira-thread.1151/page-2

Or this thread for a video (5th post down):
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/just-frame-knee.1413/

Try searching the forum, chances are, your question is already asked and answered on here :) and if you're still having trouble with the knee, feel free to ask me (and bug me on pm even) until you get it right. Once you get the timing, you'll do them in your sleep.

matsu

the only way to do it on pad is to use it as a arcade stick....:( or assigning a new G or K on triggers.Even with this it's an other story.On arcade stick it's a matter of dexterity and speed.But TBH Knee is some kind of lost magic only known by Ancient civilizations...The answer is said to be in the necronomicon.....

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Virtua Fighter characters are hella hard yo! I had to press and just hope to do the input and it worked. How the flip you gonna do that shi online? Yeah right. That guy is built for an arcade stick, and I don't play doa on stick lmao.

Ghosty-J

I use Akira on a pad, and PROUD of it :cool:
I only managed to land 2 hits online with that thing. The input for it is such a troll.

Goro Hazuki

Virtua Fighter characters are hella hard yo! I had to press and just hope to do the input and it worked. How the flip you gonna do that shi online? Yeah right. That guy is built for an arcade stick, and I don't play doa on stick lmao.

It has nothing to do with online since you don't need to rely on just hit. My online connection is crap with DOA at the moment, and I land it just fine. I do have to admit that I play on stick and I'm an old time Akira player though.

@RetunoftheShadow, I'm not sure. I land it in VF with no problems as well. I wish DOA showed you input frame data like VF to make sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD