Killer Instinct Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Faggy season passes for every faggot that wants one.

ill stick to DOA.
Not my choice of words for this practice, but the only possibilities of redemption at this point is for the port of the original game to have online play. That, and the classics skins for the remake better be really, really good..

Either way, my drive to get and Xbox One and a PS4 is just not there right now. I'm getting a WiiU, if anything. Who knows, TN might slip in a WiiU release of DOA5U. I must admit, Christie in a Zero Suit is a guilty pleasure of mine that remains to be seen become reality...Kasumi in Misty's outfit is a distant second...

*ahem* But yeah, Killer Instinct's season passes should be free of charge.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They said the next character won't be one fans are expecting. That means that either Orchid or Fulgore doesn't make it. I bet on Spinal for the next reveal. Or Riptor.

Me want Kasumi

They said the next character won't be one fans are expecting. That means that either Orchid or Fulgore doesn't make it. I bet on Spinal for the next reveal. Or Riptor.

Don't forget they also said that "this character would fit well in the KI lore" or something like that.

I think that means that the next character is either a brand new KI character :) , or it's........ a guest :(

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That's not Orchid... but she definitely looks like she's better off in Mortal Kombat.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Looks like some weird fusion between Scorpion and Mileena.
Either that, or a potential design concept for Female Khameleon Double Helix stole right under NRS's noses.

And even then, it's too good to be true.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Chief Thunder was revealed. If you havent saw it, I'll edit with the link of how he looks. There's also a new character too but idk her name

Edit with Thunder link: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/16/killer-instinct-chief-thunder-revealed
search

search

Last edited by a moderator:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Now this character I have no clue who this is.Edit: it does like look Maya though

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I thought you'd be more interested in the character with the Zafina like aura going on.

That is insulting, even to Zafina.

If that's actually Maya, then I'll take the old poorly fashioned one back. That makeover is unreasonably drastic.

Julius Rage

Uh....who gives a shit who that is?

TJ, Cinder, Tusk, Spinal, Fulgore...where the fuck are they?

I could give two mother fucks about some dumb new character who won't have a true back story because (GASP!) theres no story mode.

Oh this week....this week right HERE!

Momiji-Baybee

The concept is quite cool. Love the muslim web fighting assassin like thing going on. She is definitely different from the cast

BTW, that's not any of the older girls

Orchid is a black agent who uses laser sabers(ki1)/tonfas(ki2)

Maya is an amazon who dresses in cavewoman clothing and uses daggers

Kim Wu is a South Korean teenage martial artist who uses nunchuks

And Riptor.... well she is a dinosaur

This lady appears as a arabic web fighter who uses ariel attacks so I'm sure she is new

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Got my hands on this finally at The Fall Classic over the weekend and wanted to quickly post some impressions.

First, in an environment filled with fighting game diehards (it was a fighting game tournament after all), button mashing does not work. At all. I got blown up pretty hard when I purposely tried mashing buttons with Jago. I got a couple of 6 hit combos that immediately dropped since I didn't use an ender.

Second, playing it like Street Fighter (I played as if I was using Ryu) also does not work. Fireball from range, SRK at close range or on wakeup...that's just not advised against people who know what they're doing.

Third, combo breakers are more dangerous to just try throwing out than one would think. Unless you're actually getting good reads, you're basically asking to be beaten down helplessly. I was not able to get a Counter Breaker off, either, though one was done to me.

Finally, this game is smooth as hell. It just looks and feels great and YT vids do not do it justice at all. I was already on board but I'm glad my admittedly brief play time gave me such a positive impression. You can hate on MS all you want if that's your thing, but don't hate on this game until you try it.

reddyxm

Fulgore has got to be one to be one of the two remaining characters yet to be revealed because Fulgore's face is on every previous boxart. KI has proven their point saying they want more female characters in the game by creating Sadira so I'm going to assume Orchid will be the other character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD