La Mariposa's Needed Improvements

Batcommander

BT P+K and all its variants need to be twice as fast, and 1k needs to have DOA4 properties. I think these two changes alone would bump Lisa up one or two notches from garbage tier.

I don't think she's garbage tier anymore, she's too juiced up as it is. I don't think she is S tier either, but she's quite good in capable hands.

I'd love body splash to be faster, but this game is so stingy on frame advantage, it'd probably be a guard break at -5 if they sped it up lol.

I think 1K is good as it is, because it basically functions like a street fighter sweep now. Nobody likes being knocked down, especially on normal hit, so it forces people to be more on guard against lows, which in turn, gives you a chance to use low OH or any of your i14 mids.

Personally i hate how it trip stuns at mid range, i'd rather it just knock down 100 percent of the time. If there was a low that should cause trip stun on counter hit, it should be 2P imo, since BT 2P already does this.

synce

Don't get me wrong the current 1k isn't completely useless but I'd prefer it shifted the momentum in Lisa's favor instead of resetting

And yeah maybe I was a little harsh on her lol But if TN just made some moves a tiny bit faster (bt p+k, 9k) or safer (bt 4p, 1pp) she'd really shine.

The unbreakable throw could use a damage buff too, and I'd like a taunt where does that little dance from the DOA4 trailer

Tones

Premium Donor
Synce, 1k is one of her best moves and it does "shift momentum" into her favour. Free cancle into another 1k if it knocks down and if they don't tech roll to force a get up. Frame advantage, if they tech rolled, you still have frame advantage. You hit them at distance, you have frame advantage and you're at a good distance.

1pp is safe if you've set it up to land. How you say? Depends, think distance, crush, interrupt, the use of 1pk(k), don't use it as much, delay the move, when you do use it be quick about things, set it up with pp and ppp, use it once every 2-3 rounds. The world is your oyster. Same with all the other moves.

Her unbreakable throw does almost 1/3rd of health on hi-counter.

You should learn to play her as she is as opposed to telling people she should be played another way WHICH CLEARLY DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE YOU'RE ASKING TEAM NINJA TO CHANGE HER SO SHE IS PLAYABLE IN THAT WAY YOU WANT.

Batcommander

Don't get me wrong the current 1k isn't completely useless but I'd prefer it shifted the momentum in Lisa's favor instead of resetting

And yeah maybe I was a little harsh on her lol But if TN just made some moves a tiny bit faster (bt p+k, 9k) or safer (bt 4p, 1pp) she'd really shine.

The unbreakable throw could use a damage buff too, and I'd like a taunt where does that little dance from the DOA4 trailer
Those moves are still pretty good, they have their uses. I'd love body splash to be faster too, but more importantly, to work better in tandem with splash feint for some real shenanigans. You only really use it once you get the opponent to freeze up (lots of people get scared of offensive lisa). As far as the unbreakable throw, it does a crap load of damage as hi counter and will teach people to stop holding; which in turn allows you to setup CB ;) BT 4p is a high crush, so the speed is okay for what it is.

As far as 1PP, i don't understand why i see so many Lisa users abuse this move. It is throw punishable both online and offline, and the stun it gives isn't that great. What it is good at though, is mixing up with the superior 1PK (which is safe and gives an assload of staggerproof stun); once people start holding/crouching against that, you use 1PP.
You should learn to play her as she is as opposed to telling people she should be played another way WHICH CLEARLY DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE YOU'RE ASKING TEAM NINJA TO CHANGE HER SO SHE IS PLAYABLE IN THAT WAY YOU WANT.

There's no clear tutorial or anything on how to be good with Lisa (or any of these DOA characters for that matter). not everyone has the time or the know-how to figure stuff out. The strategy guide sucks and paints Lisa as this crappy low tier character, so i don't blame people for thinking she is ass. No need to get all heated about it; this is just a video game after all :rolleyes:

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah the threat of being thrown really allows you to do a lot.

There's no clear tutorial or anything on how to be good with Lisa (or any of these DOA characters for that matter). not everyone has the time or the know-how to figure stuff out. The strategy guide sucks and paints Lisa as this crappy low tier character, so i don't blame people for thinking she is ass. No need to get all heated about it; this is just a video game after all :rolleyes:
It's not that. Yes there is no clear cut way to play her, everyone has there own little style, and yes the guide is not 100%. But all that gives insights and does clear a path, but it is a path on has to walk. No amount of reading isn't going to do any good if you don't play, test and develop things yourself. This means you'll find some things not working like you think it should. Okay so what are the options from here... Either change the way it's used or drop it. Don't continue to use something that doesn't work, complain about it not working and then go asking for the game to be changed.

TL:DR People do not want to accept accountability for the actions. Yes this is just a game but what I'm witnessing is a self limiting mentality. So yeah I'm going to call it out when I see it.

ailingeternity

If it aint broke don't fix it as they say, but people are more than welcome to state why they want something to change especially when they've dedicated their time to a character since DOA4. It's been a long time since then and enough time to make comparison, we can all argue why x move was better then than it is now and vice versa, but ultimately every mind is different and will approach a character in a slightly other way than the other player. Doesn't matter what happens to her, she'll still be my main, but I also want her to be a character so that people can consistently play with her competitively.

Batcommander

So glad for the BT CB. This should discourage low hold definitely. I just realized right now that low hold eliminates most of BT's attacks, which is pure silliness. Look at all these moves that low hold will beat:
BT p
BT k
BT 7k
BT throw
BT body splash
BT jumping OH
BT 2p
BT 2k

That only leaves BT 4p, 4k, 7p, and booty bump. That's a bit much.

I'm also curious how the new 8P will affect PP4; will it have the same sidestep properties?

synce

You know since they're giving Zack that goofy beam attack I think it would be nice if Lisa's BT grab had some extra effect on the guy characters... you'd hold down P+H and it'll stun them from across the screen :)

zakku.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD