La Mariposa's Needed Improvements

ScattereDreams

She needs to be safer, but so does everyone else for the most part.

I can agree with that. Out of how many moves does she have are safe? Also, I keep hearing her CB is pretty slow. Then again Team Ninja said there would be some characters who really don't need their critical burst to win.

Rubedood

Then again Team Ninja said there would be some characters who really don't need their critical burst to win.

Which is why they should have left CB the way it was. It would have put everyone on much fairer ground. Now we have balance issues right out of the gate.

MasterHavik

Fluttershy:yay....

Anyways....let's hope they fixed the CB and hold recovery. I'm more worried about hold recovery. I don't need to see two players fish for counters like crazy people.

MasterHavik

ninajs will never be worst than mid tier.:D Dogg will get hatemail if one of the ninjas is listed low tier in his guide. Anyways....How are Lisa's holds, Dogg?

DrDogg

I can agree with that. Out of how many moves does she have are safe? Also, I keep hearing her CB is pretty slow. Then again Team Ninja said there would be some characters who really don't need their critical burst to win.

Safer than Helena and Zack, but no where near as safe as Tina or Bass.

Most CBs are 20 frames. Lisa's is no different. I think it's just that the animation looks slow so people assume it's slower.

ninajs will never be worst than mid tier.:D Dogg will get hatemail if one of the ninjas is listed low tier in his guide. Anyways....How are Lisa's holds, Dogg?

The same as they always were...? I don't understand the question.

Also, the guide doesn't list tiers. There's no way I can be accurate about that so I simply didn't mention it at all.

MasterHavik

The same as they always were...? I don't understand the question.

Also, the guide doesn't list tiers. There's no way I can be accurate about that so I simply didn't mention it at all.
What I mean do they leave her at a advantage or anything. Koda told me she has holds that left her a disadvantage. And I consider that a smart move on your part.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Great....I can't wait to win a major with Lisa.

not with that attitude you cant.remmember its very easy to notice a players flaws while watching a vid but during the match is another thing all together.just try it and see how far it gets you in a tournament if you feel overwhelmed/unconfident about your next match up have a secondary higher teir character on standby(if they allow a character change).just imagine how good it will feel winning with low teir.

MasterHavik

not with that attitude you cant.remmember its very easy to notice a players flaws while watching a vid but during the match is another thing all together.just try it and see how far it gets you in a tournament if you feel overwhelmed/unconfident about your next match up have a secondary higher teir character on standby(if they allow a character change).just imagine how good it will feel winning with low teir.
Lol...I'm kidding man. lisa is my second anyways. My main is Zack, so i'll be fine. You make a good point though.

synce

Recently I've been trying to play a little more Lisa in DOA4 since I never see her online and now I can understand why. I hope in DOA5 she has a more clear cut direction, because right now she sucks at both striking and grappling. A super slow character with super weak damage

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bryan,

Rabies was telling me that her BT 1P was "godly" and how he'd mix it up between her kick flip mixup or OH mixup.

I believe both options can be stepped eitherway...

DrDogg

Bryan,

Rabies was telling me that her BT 1P was "godly" and how he'd mix it up between her kick flip mixup or OH mixup.

I believe both options can be stepped eitherway...

It's far from "godly". If it hits during a stun or on CH, it trip stuns, which is nice... but attacking during a stun is not Lisa's problem. Even Helena is good while the opponent is stunned.

If the opponent is not stunned, BT 1P gives Lisa a throw/attack mix-up. If the opponent slow escapes, the throw will connect as long as the opponent doesn't attack, but all attacks can be blocked. If the opponent doesn't slow escape, Lisa can use 6P or something similar, but it can be countered and a throw will whiff.

The kick flip is unsafe and inflicts minor damage. If I was defending against Lisa, I'd just attack with a fast mid every time she goes into BT (on block). You'll beat her out every single time. If you're stunned, Lisa's mix-ups are no different than any other character's, just don't mid/high counter and you won't eat that much damage.

BT 1P does track though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD