Lei Fang

GLoRToR

So I always loved the cheeky chinese chick back in the arcade and when I got the first game on PS1.
According to THIS review of her, she's going to be solid, if not Top Tier. I wonder what the rest of us think and what our experience is with the character. How did she perform in the previous games? Has she gotten better or worse?

I'll also be updating this first post with solid info after the game is released, as she is likely to be my main.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I can tell you that in the Gamescom build they took out her 3KP (her previous 3K4P) .. which I find unjustified...
now she can only do her Faint stun from 64P .. I consider this an unjustified nerf .. Especially since 3K no longer causes sit down stun.

This means that her 3K P+K is far too predictable and easy to avoid with a hold.

If it comes back at least we get a nice 50/50 where,
if you go for 3K P+K (MID P) you get the launcher into a short back turned combo
and if you get 3KP (HIGH) you get a faint stun Guaranteeing a P+K launcher (not very high again) or a reset with another 3K ...

This mixup however is gone. Its a shame cuz I've grown quite fond of it in the E3 build.

That ....

and the fact that Ayanes 4K no longer causes forced tech on a Knocked down opponent are two nerfs that REALLY pissed me off ...
No justification for either ...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
They are probably removing the over the top moves to keep balance?

But those are hardly over the top..
They are standard things that almost every character has ..

It make NO sense to remove them..

Hayabusa can force stand with 7K so why cant Ayane with 4K ?

and the mixup from 3K with leifang is comparable to any string in the game, and if you think its to cheap then I can argue by saying if you get 9KK or 66K in critical stun you get your launcher straight away ..and they are both countered the same way as the 3K ..
so why nerf the 3K mixup??

its unjustified ..

but the game has already gone gold.. I dont know if this carried on to the final build... but its too late to ask for fixes..

Allan Paris

Comprehending skills are like at a zero in this thread, huh.

No where in the OP is GLoRToR asking for "fixes", "buffs", "nerfs", or any other change for that matter. He is stating his love for his character, the, "Cheeky Chinese Chick" to be exact. Then GLoRToR goes on to ask what the rest us of thinks of her as well with our experience with her since she's been in the game.

A couple posts were made on her discussing her changes and then one of them ended with this:
but the game has already gone gold.. I dont know if this carried on to the final build... but its too late to ask for fixes..

Which made GLoRToR say this:
This is the Lei Fang thread though.

Then he gets looked at sideways because some people can't comprehend, for some reason, the OP.

Again, please show me where fixes were asked for her in the OP?

GLoRToR, I like Lei Fang, I started liking her in DOA4. I like Tai Chi as a fighting style, an exercise that can be used in vicious manner. In DOA2U she was pretty good (a top tier character, if not she was high tier) and in DOA5 she will be good as well, I don't think she will be top or high but a solid mid tier character based off the things I've seen with her. When the game is released that's when we will really find out her place.

There are plenty of Leifang players here on FSD. So you're not alone with the love you have for her.

Blazeincarnated

So I always loved the cheeky chinese chick back in the arcade and when I got the first game on PS1.
According to THIS review of her, she's going to be solid, if not Top Tier. I wonder what the rest of us think and what our experience is with the character. How did she perform in the previous games? Has she gotten better or worse?

I'll also be updating this first post with solid info after the game is released, as she is likely to be my main.
She has gotten better from what Ive heard..

Chaos

I think Leifang is more deadly than before, she was ok on DOA2, gotting way better on DOA3, more stronger on DOA4, but now she is SCARY & DEADLY on DOA5. o_O I can't wait to learn her new moves when the game releast. Oh I almost forgot, to me she was known as a cute chinese chick that can whoop some ass! I think when people see her, they thinking,
"she just a cute weak little girl Awwwww" until they PISSED her off then she gives a knuncle sandwich lol. Also, she HATES preverts
and thats another thing I love about her, DOA4 ending anyone? LMAO :)

GLoRToR

"she just a cute weak little girl Awwwww" until they PISSED her off then she gives a knuncle sandwich lol. Also, she HATES preverts and thats another thing I love about her, DOA4 ending anyone? LMAO :)
She readily kicks high in miniskirts. I think it's being groped she hates ... by the wrong people at least ;D

I'll definitely play her but I'll only main her depending on whether she'll be suitable for online play (No offline scene in my country).
If she's dead in lag or gets d*ckmoved I'll likely play her against the AI offline for fun. >.< No more Jade.

Doug Nguyen

From what i have seen. She seems to be much better at juggling and launching if you know when to free cancel an attack and go onto a better finisher. I kinda suck at that. I always overestimate the launch height and end up whiffing.

phoenix1985gr

Shes my favorite character! I dont really know how good she was though beacause i didnt know much anyway about the game... (i didnt even now that you get to punish blows on block with holds just recently learned that) I like how in the story trailer isnt once again about jahn lee they seem to got over that thank god after so many games its about time i d say!

And i really loved how punishere played her in the tournament she seemed stronger than ever!

Brute

Standard Donor
I've always been disproportionately good with her, despite not practicing with her as much as some of my mains. The thing is, people expect a certain playstyle when facing Lei Fang, and if you act completely opposite that, they tend to have a hard time anticipating you. Rather than relying on counter grabs and stuns, I focused on spacing and throws.

Anyway, I'm hoping that's still possible in her DOA5 iteration.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Oh I almost forgot, to me she was known as a cute chinese chick that can whoop some ass! I think when people see her, they thinking,
"she just a cute weak little girl Awwwww" until they PISSED her off then she gives a knuncle sandwich lol.

Don't argue with her about cabbages.

Punishere pooped all over people with her at HIN. She seems to be a lot better than her DOA4 counterpart.

Leifang2000

I have only played the E3 build which is version 0.5, so far I found her to be solid and as good as before.
I have tried her parry, sometimes successful, sometimes not. But once success, the opponent can recover quite quickly, so gotta find a chain combo or moves to do them right after the parry is successful.

Lobo

From what I've seen so far, they gave her some of her old moves back. She got her old K2K launcher back from DOAU, which was always one of my favorite moves with her because it was pretty quick, and launched on NH.

She also got her old PP2K back, which is miles better than her PP2KK in DOA4. This, along with the fact that she wasn't nerfed really (besides 3KP), already makes her really solid in this game.

And that's just with her old stuff. I really want to see someone use some of her new parry stance shenanigans DrDogg said she had. If it's as good as he says it is, then she is gonna be a beast.

NukNuks

This pertains strictly to the undisputed main Lei players. These are people you would want to play in order to learn from them. A good chunk of them are MIA.

Notable online Lei players:
Hagster
Rai Bakuoh
Burninoni
Servbot 117
FloralDragonX
Aurora Skyes
Nightantilli

Notable offline Lei players:
Majin Kimimaro
Punishere
Sorazul
Gunstar Red
Nykko (me)
Lap (da fuq did dis guy go)

I really can't think of any other offline Lei players that have placed in tournaments...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD