Lei Fang

I like how TN made lei's 3KP+K now push they opponent far away from her, it was so hard to approach the opponent after that move(at the end of a juggle) since she has short range attacks.

NightAntilli

If anything, long range is bad for Lei-Fang. Well it used to be in DOA4 anyway. All her long range options were basically slow, unsafe and predictable. Since her :6::F+K: now guard breaks she might be in a better position in long range.

Dallas1088

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but does Lei Fang's 236Throw duck under high attacks? I recently watched a video where it looks like it has crouching properties, or maybe it's just a command hold...

Could anyone clear this up for me, please? :)

Lobo

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but does Lei Fang's 236Throw duck under high attacks? I recently watched a video where it looks like it has crouching properties, or maybe it's just a command hold...

Could anyone clear this up for me, please? :)

I can't think of anyone who has a high-crushing throw besides stance specific throws. And even then, for it to duck under attacks, it would also have to be an offensive hold or else you would get hit out of you throw for a hi-counter hit.

Only throw I can think of that does that would be Brad lying catch grab, Christie's old catch grab from her serpent stance, and Bayman's scissor's catch grab.

Her 236 throw never has had any evasive properties, but If you could find a link to the video, then I'm sure we could clear it up for you. My guess is that the player prob did a crouch dash right into the grab.

NightAntilli

Maybe the 2 input lets her duck for just a short split second. Has happened to me while inputting 3p, where it evades a high because of the input. Other than that, it seems that her 236 throw has become an offensive hold, just like it was in Dimensions, and not a normal throw.

Einzelkind

It has been since DOAD. It's actually quite useful now in my opinion, because not everyone has offensive holds in 5. Plus combo throws are guaranteed now if you have the just frame timing down.

Einzelkind

7pkk works really well as a set-up for her Critical Burst. Three hits, but the 7p can be used as a low crush especially against wake-up kicks and many people (at least so far) expect the third low kick instead of her mid punch cb.

Dallas1088

Question (again, haha), what are the properties on countering with Lei Fang's moves such as 44P and 6P+K? I first noticed it when I was playing through DOA4 a few days ago, but I don't fully understand how the counters from those moves work.

Is it similar to Soul Calibur 5, where the green flash lets you know that a particular move has countering properties?

NukNuks

Question (again, haha), what are the properties on countering with Lei Fang's moves such as 44P and 6P+K? I first noticed it when I was playing through DOA4 a few days ago, but I don't fully understand how the counters from those moves work.

Is it similar to Soul Calibur 5, where the green flash lets you know that a particular move has countering properties?
I believe 4 is a sabaki and either a mid or high punch. 6p+k as well except it hits mid..I think. Haven't used those moves yet in this game. I don't really find use for them since their input is pretty slow.

Gamut

What's everyone using after a mid kick hold? The only guaranteed combo I could find was 3k p+k into whatever.

I tried 236p, 3p, 8k into a juggle on the cpu and it worked, but a human being was able to turn around before the first hit. Weird.

Dallas1088

What's everyone using after a mid kick hold? The only guaranteed combo I could find was 3k p+k into whatever.

I tried 236p, 3p, 8k into a juggle on the cpu and it worked, but a human being was able to turn around before the first hit. Weird.

Have you tried 6p into stun chain? I think it's fast enough to get some damage in, haven't tested it too much myself yet though :)

Sagittarius

So... does Leifang suck in this game or am I doing something wrong?
She's ridiculously linear, has low damage output, has to play the stun game, is slow, and has to rely on parries and sabaki attacks to try gaining an opening to get some damage in.
I feel like her parry stance should have more options out of it since she really only gets guaranteed damage after the throw, and even then, she's dreadfully weak. Compared to characters like Rig and Jann Lee she's pretty lackluster.
She needs to CB just to get a 30-45% combo in while someone like Jann Lee gets an easy 40-50% without having to try setting up for a CB. On top of that, to set herself up for damage she's pretty much in a 'high risk, mediocre reward' situation.

I feel like DOA5 is very unbalanced and I'm really not liking that aspect.
What do you guys think? Is it just me, or are you guys having to use almost every tool in her arsenal just to stand a chance against certain characters?

Lobo

She definitely doesn't suck. She might take a little more work to get damage, but she's still very solid to me. Probably high-mid tier.

I actually don't even see her parries or counters being the main part of her game. I think her spacing and evasion is better than ever now.

She can still crush at will with simple pokes like 1P (which is even better because of the parry transition now). Also 3P+K is still as useful as every to get yourself out of bad situations.

And her spacing is improved with still having 2F+K is there now, but now with even more options to use it now it now: Her old PP2K, and the new 3P2K and parry stance 2K. And 1P+K seems almost gdlk for spacing now. It looks to be a lot faster, and evades practically everything.

And then of course you do have her many defensive options. I'm still trying to get used to her parry stance, and I'll try to make a topic about it later, but it definitely has its uses.

tl'dr - She does take a lot more work than other chars to win, but she has enough tools with excellent evasion and spacing to be up to par with anyone.

Einzelkind

So does anyone know what's up with the faint stun she was supposed to have? I guess it is or was 64p and while she is at an advantage, I can't find anything guaranteed at all. Same with her her Unshu stance. Her advantage seems to vary from +2 to +16 and I don't get how you're supposed to know where you're at without turning the move details on during the fight.

Edit: I guess the faint stun only works when the opponent is already stunned?

NightAntilli

She doesn't suck. She's just very hard to use properly. I already know that 3P is one of my favorite moves. You can go low mid or high with it. She has tons of mixups from it. And her Sabaki is pretty good. It's useful against characters who love to pressure with punches like Christie and Kasumi.

Gamut

Found this combo for mid kick hold: 3pkk. It will cause a backturned crumple stun that I'm pretty sure can't be held or escaped. launch with 8k into a juggle. 9kk into 3pp6pp works on most characters (minus Bass, Bayman) for 98 points of damage in open space.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD