Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Classic Kasumi. :)

Dp9fKzvUcAAylDg.jpg:orig

The costume is literally the DOA5 asset, lol.

UpSideDownGRUNT

the head is still the DOA5 head let's not forget, the bodies are the brand new asset this time. That being said I think they should upgrade the textures a LITTLE bit lol l, this looks bad in comparison to other returning costumes that did get texture treatment even if only slightly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
the head is still the DOA5 head let's not forget, the bodies are the brand new asset this time. That being said I think they should upgrade the textures a LITTLE bit lol l, this looks bad in comparison to other returning costumes that did get texture treatment even if only slightly.

Incorrect. It's the other way around. While the heads of the characters look the same at a first glance they are all remodelled and retextured. Alone on that screenshot you can make out hair, hair ribbon and ears are made of more polygons than in DOA5 and the hair texture has increased texture resolution and detail. Face model improvements are hard/almost impossible to tell, because they already were of extremely high quality in DOA5 and way beyond what Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur 6 do today. But since facial features are deforming so smoothely while being punched and since the faces are also much more expressive in their emotions, I'd guess they improved the face models and rigging even more as well. The costumes however... :/
All classic costumes (apart from Zack's) are ripped straight out of DOA5 with merely a texture update. Depending on how much skin the costumes show the bodies are also the old DOA5 ones. Kasumi's hands are clearly the new models though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hair can be changed from the head model though, and I very highly doubt only the hands are new, everyone else has completely brand new body models why would they not do the same for Kasumi. Most DOA models actually have the body one big model and the heads are just glued on that includes Kasumi's classic dress in DOA5.

Jadeinchains

Characters are usually revealed in pairs in a fight so I wonder who else will be revealed and If there's any pics of them?

Christie looks great though, This new default outfit fits so well.

RetroMe91

Sure hope that the ladies of MIST are all revealed. Christie, Lisa ..... dare I say .... Miyako?
Pass. Miyako... why is this still a request. She was a poorly made minor NPC in DOA5. Why would anyone really want her to be our new female??

Lisa and Christie seem likely to be the two characters to reveal at a western audience oriented convention. They sure wouldn’t be the highlight for an Asian market convention.

Kokoro and the new girl for DOA Fest.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ooh, new trailer and character reveals incoming shortly! :)

Christie looks good from what I can tell.
Lol, that juice truck wasn't that also in DOA5 in one of the stages?

Jadeinchains

Never even crossed my mind that Elliot would be revealed with Christie. Makes sense. Maybe they're finally fucking.

I feel like Christie would prefer someone older lol. But yeah I'm thinking it could maybe be Lisa because of the M.I.S.T connection, Or Eliot because of the British connection. But we'll see, It could be anyone.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Pass. Miyako... why is this still a request. She was a poorly made minor NPC in DOA5. Why would anyone really want her to be our new female??

Lisa and Christie seem likely to be the two characters to reveal at a western audience oriented convention. They sure wouldn’t be the highlight for an Asian market convention.

Kokoro and the new girl for DOA Fest.
DOA lacks a token MILF that isn't a guest character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD