Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have a crappy screenshot:
View attachment 25304
You cannot judge much due to his expression but you can see his eyes are better and his eyebrows are much more fuzzy (thank God).
If there is something else we can judge, his skin looks smoother. However I think he'll keep the eyebags.
I think they won't touch his face much besides making him look younger since every other character shown looks pretty much the same besides Kasumi who looks a bit like her X3 design merged with DOA5

That makes me wonder how Eliot will look, I hope they don't touch his face since I would die inside if they messed it up since its already perfect. >.>

Chisa

I really don't know what do think about Jann's design in DOA6. It's hard to see how he looks like since he keeps moving his face so much now.

He looks so odd when he doesn't look angry. Idk.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really don't know what do think about Jann's design in DOA6. It's hard to see how he looks like since he keeps moving his face so much now.

He looks so odd when he doesn't look angry. Idk.

Jann1.jpg

Jann2.jpg

I hope they work on his model a little more. It seems unfinished and there are a lot of imperfections. I can for example clearly see skin texture seams. :/

delSai

I want one character to get a rather extreme redesign, like Phase 4 with a shaved head or something.

Although i guess seeing peoples reactions to Kasumis new design it seems to be extreme enough...

KwonJigglypuff

I want one character to get a rather extreme redesign, like Phase 4 with a shaved head or something.

Although i guess seeing peoples reactions to Kasumis new design it seems to be extreme enough...

Having a clone of Kasumi is actually the best and only opportunity to feel free to drastically redesign her.
Not sure about a shaved hair now (feels so 2010 Avril Lavigne), but the white-haired pigtails from her concept art was nice.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 176

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I want this optional hairstyle for Phase 4 to differentiate her from Kasumi.

I don't think twintails fit Phase 4's character at all. Do you really think she would in the morning stand in front of the mirror and say: Let's go for cute twintails today, kya! :3

And that "new design" was very tame actually. ;) This could have easily been just a DOA5 costume of hers.
She will also get her classic blue ninja garb back anyway, I just hope they keep it classic and don't go overboard with it like in the...where was that image from of Kasumi seen from the back and her wearing something resembling her classic blue garb, but it was all overdone and Soul Calibur-ized?
I didn't just dream that, looking into the future, right? XD

KwonJigglypuff

I don't think twintails fit Phase 4's character at all. Do you really think she would in the morning stand in front of the mirror and say: Let's go for cute twintails today, kya! :3

I totally agree but :
- her personality is quite unfinished, at the moment she kind of reminds us of pre-DOA5 sad Kasumi, so TN can still decide to make her evolve
- her actual character is quite boring and TN had plenty of ideas based on that concept art : cocky, crazy, shy/dark, smart
- her story might involve her trying to fit in Japan society, so having this hairstyle with that sailor costume could work
- I know ´double personality' is already Lisa's thing, but having a modest schoolgirl at day and a deady weapon at night wouldn't surprise me

Last edited:

Leifang

View attachment 25307

View attachment 25308

I hope they work on his model a little more. It seems unfinished and there are a lot of imperfections. I can for example clearly see skin texture seams. :/
I personally think he looks cute when he’s not angry. Another thing, it’s too early to give it hard criticism because the last I’ve remember, it’s 8 percent complete. I’m quite sure he will look much better later on.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Actually, Kasumi ran away because she wanted to avenge her brother Hayate, but she did so without permission prior. Kasumi doesn't or didn't like fighting but she's not above killing as she did with her victims in NG3 and she has to defend and likely kill her assailants to this very day in order to survive, Kasumi is more than capable of killing if she needs to XD and isn't the easiest difficulty of NGB non canon? I doubt Ayane would be living if she dared to talk down on Ryu xD

... XD
VXCNfBP.jpg
Kasumi only kills because she needs to survive to go after Donovan. Kasumi doesn’t kill/fight for fun. Kasumi is a very soft hearted person that fights because she must fight, she has no choice.
Currently starting a 3D design career and getting my Japan visa so I can apply to work in DOA6 and make this an actual thing kkkkkkkkk

No but really I'd LOVE hairy Bayman. Maybe with the beard being removable so I can choose depending on my mood (and bc I love my man fully showing his handsome face and would be sad to not being able to see him without a beard anymore) but the haired chest is a MUST! And the same goes for Leon! Give both of them some hairy chests (and some open shirts so they can show their new furry goodness) a le Miguel from Tekken...:oops:
tekken_7___miguel_2p_by_godlike99kingz-dc1lahd.jpg
fuck, I’m so happy you posted Miguel. Ugh he’s so fucking hot I can’t.

Anyway, I’m gonna put my 2 cents in.
- Marie needs to get a personality that’s more emo/goth ish instead of being The cutesy girl that wears Halloween costumes all year round.
- Honoka needs a complete redesign, her being the basic anime school girl is just awful and boring, I want her to be more serious instead of the airhead she is now, the whole copy cat thing is already done by Raidou. I want Honoka to be evil as well.
- Bayman with a hairy chest and beard and maybe a little treasure trail?
9u9zMaN.gif

- I want Raidou/ Rachel and Momiji to have more moves that’s it.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kasumi only kills because she needs to survive to go after Donovan. Kasumi doesn’t kill/fight for fun. Kasumi is a very soft hearted person that fights because she must fight, she has no choice.

Anyway, I’m gonna put my 2 cents in.
- Marie needs to get a personality that’s more emo/goth ish instead of being The cutesy girl that wears Halloween costumes all year round.
- Honoka needs a complete redesign, her being the basic anime school girl is just awful and boring, I want her to be more serious instead of the airhead she is now, the whole copy cat thing is already done by Raidou. I want Honoka to be evil as well.
- Bayman with a hairy chest and beard and maybe a little treasure trail?
9u9zMaN.gif

- I want Raidou/ Rachel and Momiji to have more moves that’s it.
Lol I know all that already xD I'm just saying she's not above fighting anymore

And I agree with the Marie thing, even tho she doesn't need to be goth in personality, thats a bit outdated imo. I feel she should just have a darker personality in general, like make her a sadist or something since her style does seem to suit that. Honoka can stay an airhead, but she should be less squeaky and more mature like how Xiaoyu in Tekken is

As for body hair, every guy besides Eliot can have it, although I wouldn't mind a light amount for Eliot in the chest and lower treasure trail part like that guy Leon Chiro has, it makes me a bit wet just thinking about that man:oops:.....
maxresdefault (72).jpg

I also want Phase 4 to be more different from Kasumi, like give her shorter hair or maybe something like i an eye patch to give her a more masculine, western edge I like. Her looking like Kasumi is kinda boring imo. I also hope they give Bayman some more painful throws so he can really put the hurt on, his throws look quite fun to be on the receiving end of tbh:p especially if they upgraded the bone snaps...

Jadeinchains

I feel like It will depend heavily on what's happening to Phase 4 in doa6 like whether she's on the run after mist collapsed or still under their control. Like If she's on the run I could see her having some kind of edgy different look where she's bleached her hair and/or cut it short or something. But If she's still under their control maybe it will be something very serious?...Orrrr.. she could be still under their control and yet still have an edgy new look. :p We'll need to just wait and see.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hair like that is atrocious for a Kasumi clone, I think dark red hair fits Phase the best like in that fairytail DLC set. Phase should have a low ponytail in a shorter length

Ninoasker

I mean it was a must!!! Being my Tekken hottie, I instantly thought on him and how good Bayman and Leon would look if they shared some of his "traits" :rolleyes:
Nice to see someone else having a Miguel bias heh
Bayman with a hairy chest and beard and maybe a little treasure trail?
THE TREASURE TRAIL

YESSSSSS PLEASE

Leifang12

jUycpdW.jpg

Zfk.gif

zIIxA3j.jpg

tenor.gif

A redesign isn't always a good idea. They managed to make my favourite Leifang costume to be my least favourite in DOA5.
Agree 100% I love the original much more! It's the same with the Greek inspired outfit Leifang had in DOA2U they made more "Slutty" in DOA5 ! That didn't sit to well with me.

latest

latest

They also did it too Ayane ! Slutty doesn't mean better !
latest

latest

And I would love for this costume to return !
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD