DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Based on the videos, Last Round looks exactly like Ultimate. Same character models, same (bad) textures, same antialiasing issues.
If the two new stages are exclusive to PS4 and Xbone, why aren't they a little more detailed with better textures? I guess, they decided just now, not to include them on the old generation of consoles, to give fans a bigger incentive to upgrade to current gen and current gen versions of the game.

Brad's new costume is his best by a hundred miles. O:

FatalxInnocence

Based on the videos, Last Round looks exactly like Ultimate. Same character models, same (bad) textures, same antialiasing issues.
If the two new stages are exclusive to PS4 and Xbone, why aren't they a little more detailed with better textures? I guess, they decided just now, not to include them on the old generation of consoles, to give fans a bigger incentive to upgrade to current gen and current gen versions of the game.

It looks better, but not dramatically. I mean, if people were expecting an entire revamped game with different models and textures- wait until DOA6. This is still DOA5 after all, all they're really doing is touch ups + random new content.

werewolfgold

I'm not gonna lie, that tail on that Ayane costume looks hella stupid. It doesn't even look like it's supposed to be part of the outfit.

Also, lol at "Alpha was in DOA3 and was the boss of DOA2."

Does it seem like this is it for the new stages to anyone else? The way they're talking about it, it seems like it is.

Kronin

On DOAW I tried to make a summary of everything we know so far (correct me if I said something wrong):

New details about the different releases of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round were released today: below you can read a summary of all its available forms and of the contents that the game will include in the different versions.
The editions of the game available will be:
  • for PS4: Retail, Core Fighters
  • for Xbox One: Retail, Core Fighters, Trial
  • for PS3: Core Fighters
The owners of DoA5U on old gen consoles will get the possibility to upgrade their game to DoA5LR through 2 different upgrades:
  • The first will be a free patch that will upgrade the game to Last Round allowing online play with players who have the retail or digital version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • The second will be the purchase (so not free) of a Last Round Set that will allow to get the new exclusive characters and costumes.
(Judging from these infos and from the fact that the U.S version of the site talk about them, apparently seem that even PS3 and Xbox360 should get a retail version of Last Round in the West, however this need of further confirmations)

Other important thing to say is that the Doa5LR for old gen will not get new stages, hairstyles and costume option screen (the customization window available on the Arcade) that so far will be exclusvities of Xbox One and Ps4 only, very likely for pushing people to get the next gen version of the game, justifying so even the difference of price.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I wonder if there are anymore stages?

I am going to get the LR dlc set though because these costumes are amazing so far and I want the characters. I can deal with not having some hairstyles and two stages.

werewolfgold

On DOAW I tried to make a summary of everything we knew so far (correct me if I said something wrong):

New details about the different releases of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round were released today: below you can read a summary of all its available forms and of the contents that the game will include in the different versions.
The editions of the game available will be:
  • for PS4: Retail, Core Fighters
  • for Xbox One: Retail, Core Fighters, Trial
  • for PS3: Core Fighters
The owners of DoA5U on old gen consoles will get the possibility to upgrade their game to DoA5LR through 2 different upgrades:
  • The first will be a free patch that will upgrade the game to Last Round allowing online play with players who have the retail or digital version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • The second will be the purchase (so not free) of a Last Round Set that will allow to get the new exclusive characters and costumes.
(Judging from these infos and from the fact that the U.S version of the site talk about them, apparently seem that even Ps3 and Xbox360 should get a retail version of Last Round in the West, however this need of further infos)

Other important thing to say is that the Doa5LR for old gen will not get new stages, hairstyles and costume option screen (the customization window available on the Arcade) that so far will be exclusvities of Xbox One and Ps4 only, very likely for pushing people to get the next gen version of the game, justifying so even the difference of price.
The product info page only lists 360 as getting a digital version with no disc copy. The PS3 will get both, though.

Kronin

Like I said more times this is only pure speculation, but for me the advice for new stages and the room for more characters in the Doa5U Arcade site it was there because originally the plan was to release all the content on Ultimate, then the request for a new version of the game on next gen could have changed the decisions of the team.

The product info page only lists 360 as getting a digital version with no disc copy. The PS3 will get both, though.

I wrote so because the US version of the site talks of a retail version for Xbox in the end of this page: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/ftp.html But indeed like I said I have my strong doubts about...

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm not gonna lie, that tail on that Ayane costume looks hella stupid. It doesn't even look like it's supposed to be part of the outfit.

Also, lol at "Alpha was in DOA3 and was the boss of DOA2."

Does it seem like this is it for the new stages to anyone else? The way they're talking about it, it seems like it is.
Oh heeeeeeeeeeeell no, it better not be.

I made a bet with someone for a Christie doll telling that Aerial Gardens and Burai Zenin were coming. And dad-gummit, I NEED that new Christie doll.

Chapstick

Wonder if that means there is moob bounce, too..."

Moob bounce XD
Christ I hope so

@ Alpha in a school uniform and TN clearly giving -28920 fucks

tumblr_ml9gxp40y91qlgr6qo4_250.gif

tumblr_ndwi5p66bA1rje51ao1_500.jpg

^wonky wind effects wtf

Kronin

The Crimson stage is never been so good looking (a shame for the loss of the secret area) and it's great to see Hayate's new outfit and finally costumes (I hope for that final "s") and hiarstyle options even for Alpha-152! :D

Kronin

And also, "Core Fighters" for Xbone costs $5. But, the trial version is free. I dunno what's up with that.

Strange that the core fighters version is $5, however make sense when the Xbox as the Trial exclusivity, a version without the possibility to be expanded with other characters and that has a very limited number of outfits (if I understood well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD