Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

Brute

Standard Donor
We'll see I guess. In my eyes she's just Lei with more stances, but less string variety. I don't see her having much similarities to Brad ( apart from their evasiveness.), but time will tell I suppose.
I think he's saying that based on gameplay approach. For example, when analyzing specific tools, she appears more like Lei than anyone else. Expert holds on all hit levels. Rondo for Unshu. 12 frame mid P. 16f 66T OH. 10f 3T OH. etc.

But in gameplay approach, Lei is actually a wicked rushdown character, should she be chosen to play that way. Her ranged game isn't the best, but it's still better than a lot of the cast, and her keepout is amazing. But aside from that, she has an absurd amount of options at match start, and can continue pressure with H+K very well (not to mention chucking out a sabaki or 3H every second to make retaliation hella-risky).

And from what I understand of Brad (who admittedly I do not use), you can gain offensive pressure, but you are always utilizing it in a defensive way with evasiveness. Kinda like I was saying with Hayabusa. To me personally, I think she's more like Hayabusa, just because Brad actually has some bastard-like delays, and a good number of mix-ups, with 10x the lows Hayabusa has. But, that may be just because I play Hayabusa so I know him better and thus am more versed in how to compare his tools.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I don't know about that. Leifang got all her positive guard breaks removed coming into 5U. She's fairly linear outside of 4K strings. Her punches are all unsafe outside of PPP and either 8P or 214P, I'm not sure which. It's not that hard to stop her momentum. Her pressure isn't bad, but it's not any better than most of the cast, especially if the other guy retaliates with high jabs instead of mids.

If I had a nickel for every time I got jabbed out of an OH...

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

I don't know about that. Leifang got all her positive guard breaks removed coming into 5U. She's fairly linear outside of 4K strings. Her punches are all unsafe outside of PPP and either 8P or 214P, I'm not sure which. It's not that hard to stop her momentum. Her pressure isn't bad, but it's not any better than most of the cast, especially if the other guy retaliates with high jabs instead of mids.

If I had a nickel for every time I got jabbed out of an OH...

3P is still my best friend with Lei hahaha. It's got the sit-down, the low, the high punch, the tracking high kick ( which is rendered useless by characters with high crush SS apparently... but thankfully not many characters have that. )

Also, retaliating with high punches? 3P+K is a great high crush and it launches pretty well too o_o;; people don't wanna be throwing too many highs out against me after my strings, I do this a LOT ( even though it's throw punishable, but still... if people are high jabbing you a lot this move does wonders. ) not to mention unshu deals with any high/mid jab + you got your 3/9H for your free 9KK 3KP or 46P.

As for being unsafe, just guard cancel her strings? isn't her 3ppkk ( and the other variations ) safe? Like Marie she also has sabaki cancels in her strings. I don't know, I think Lei has a lot to work with personally. Buuuut I'm only recently realizing the brilliance of Lei as a character xD she's one of my faves atm.

I think he's saying that based on gameplay approach. For example, when analyzing specific tools, she appears more like Lei than anyone else. Expert holds on all hit levels. Rondo for Unshu. 12 frame mid P. 16f 66T OH. 10f 3T OH. etc.

But in gameplay approach, Lei is actually a wicked rushdown character, should she be chosen to play that way. Her ranged game isn't the best, but it's still better than a lot of the cast, and her keepout is amazing. But aside from that, she has an absurd amount of options at match start, and can continue pressure with H+K very well (not to mention chucking out a sabaki or 3H every second to make retaliation hella-risky).

And from what I understand of Brad (who admittedly I do not use), you can gain offensive pressure, but you are always utilizing it in a defensive way with evasiveness. Kinda like I was saying with Hayabusa. To me personally, I think she's more like Hayabusa, just because Brad actually has some bastard-like delays, and a good number of mix-ups, with 10x the lows Hayabusa has. But, that may be just because I play Hayabusa so I know him better and thus am more versed in how to compare his tools.

Oh, ok. Well... again, I can't input much on Brad. I've VSed him, and he's one of my trouble characters solely because all his strings seem to lead different directions and then magically he's on the floor rolling around then he's back up and then I'm somehow in a throw.

I don't see Marie being able to do that. To me, she is just going to play like Lei as if you were playing her defensively. Eh, we'll see. We're all probably going to play her differently anyway hahaha.

Marie Rose

Lol, if my name doesn't give it away then i don't know what will XD

I an judging her so far from the videos and i will give my veridict once i use her :p

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So, I play the game with OMG Breast Motion. Uhm, since Marie Rose has a small bust...does she still SIXAXIS or no?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Only 4 days away (EST and for PS3 owners) until Marie Rose! Gosh, I'm so excited! She's going to be everywhere online and I'm ready for the amount of trolling that is about to proceed. Lol

:marierose:

Cake

It's kinda funny to me that for some f'ed up reason, Marie's the only character with her measurements in the TN site.
Not that the measurements of the other characters are a mystery, they're posted everywhere... why aren't they there though is beyond me...

ninjaguy446

I was just browsing through here, and I read that some of you thought that her BT stance was her best stance. Can I ask why?

Klts3

I was just browsing through here, and I read that some of you thought that her BT stance was her best stance. Can I ask why?
I don't think it is. Of course we have great BT throw, :4::P: launcher and :H+K:, :K::K::K: that looks beautiful in combos. Also BT :2::K: and BT :4::K::2::K: aren't bad moves. Front roll is great because it makes your opponent thinks like 'What he's gonna do? Maybe punch? Maybe kick? Maybe OH? Maybe it's :3::H+K:?' You can really easily make your opponent confused. It also crushes highs and some mids. :8:/:2::P+K: isn't bad, but you must have good timing. Also you must remember that follow-up punch is unsafe. Sabaki is good but we all know this. It's got launcher so it's even better. Her stances aren't bad, but I still think that she's got the biggest potential when she's front facing her opponent. If you're not counting this as stance, then roll is still little bit better than BT stance.

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

I don't think it is. Of course we have great BT throw, :4::P: launcher and :H+K:, :K::K::K: that looks beautiful in combos. Also BT :2::K: and BT :4::K::2::K: aren't bad moves. Front roll is great because it makes your opponent thinks like 'What he's gonna do? Maybe punch? Maybe kick? Maybe OH? Maybe it's :3::H+K:?' You can really easily make your opponent confused. It also crushes highs and some mids. :8:/:2::P+K: isn't bad, but you must have good timing. Also you must remember that follow-up punch is unsafe. Sabaki is good but we all know this. It's got launcher so it's even better. Her stances aren't bad, but I still think that she's got the biggest potential when she's front facing her opponent. If you're not counting this as stance, then roll is still little bit better than BT stance.
Thanks. I can't wait for Marie to come out. I'll definitely utilize all of her stances like I would with Helena. She looks like a pretty solid character so far.

LightSonic

Won't be long until we finally have Marie Rose! I'm really excited to play as her. I probably won't main Marie, but I am definitely trying her out to see how I like her. She looks like a fun character.

According to reports, she has no breast physics at all.

She does have a little breast physics. You could see them during her intro in her console debut trailer. See at 0:18.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD