DOA5LR Mai Shiranui Joins the Dead or Alive Roster

09_doabanner.jpg

Mai Shiranui from the legendary Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series is coming to Dead or Alive! Since her birthplace is in Japan it seems like Dead or Alive Festival 2016 is the perfect place to announce this intense crossover. She has her own style of ninjutsu and the look to fit in right at home with the DOA girls... and she's coming soon!

There will also be an Attack on Titan stage, tons more costumes (including some KoF) and even some VR announced for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. Team NINJA is dipping into a lot of neat and interesting projects this year!

KoF Maximum Impact Video | KoF XIII Combo Video | Mai Shiranui Wiki

Last edited:
Akuma isn't actually broken in Tekken though. There's even a video on how to punish that character. I mean Akuma got 76% because he wasted two meters and rage to even get that amount of damage, to be painfully blunt if you get hit by such combos with the above requirements you kinda deserved it, but I won't go off topic on that since this is DOA.

Last edited:
Akuma isn't actually broken in Tekken though. There's even a video on how to punish that character. I mean, Akuma got 76% because he wasted two meters and rage to get that amount of damage, if you get hit by that, you kinda deserved it to be painfully blunt lol, but I won't go off topic on that since this is DOA.
Gouki: "Yo ass is grass."

Aye, genras lightning is the only good projectile in the series simply because that when it comes out, you CANT sidestep it. I believe mais fans will be fairly easy to avoid, but still, its something on the screen that you have to worry about.

Akuma isn't actually broken in Tekken though. There's even a video on how to punish that character. I mean, Akuma got 76% because he wasted two meters and rage to get that amount of damage, if you get hit by that, you kinda deserved it to be painfully blunt lol, but I won't go off topic on that since this is DOA.
This. If anything, it's his extra sub-systems (EX, FADC) that make Akuma seem strong despite his extremely linear playstyle, not his projectile (which isn't anything new in Tekken).

Still can't get over the fact that a KOF character is also fighting against the VF characters for the very first time within the same game, just in DOA format. DOA by far, is the very first series to make all three connect. Props.
I know man! I was thinking about this earlier and kept saying, "sooooooooo.....there's gonna be a KOF character on DOA?! What!? This is insane". I have to admit I'm actually excited. Don't know why in the hell I said it's not beyond mind blowning LOL. -_-

I remember renting one of the KOF games and loved it to death way back then.

You can easily sidestep projectiles in 3D.

Plus Kasumi, Hayate, and Ryu can get free damage with the way projectiles are set up currently. Kasumi can parry them (though not Alpha, oddly enough) and IIRC she always has advantage if she parries projectiles, Ryu can get behind them if you Ongyoin fast enough, and Hayate has the best chance due to 66P+K.

Dead or alive x virtual fighter x samurai warriors x king of fighters

Also Halo and Metroid due to 4 and Dimensions, but your post actually fits within one game, so it's a much better point than the one I just made.

At the very least, I hope her grounded specials retain their inputs from KoF.

Kacho Sen should be :236:+:P:
Ryu Enbu should be :214:+:P:
Sayo Chidori be :214:+:K:
Deadly Ninja Bees should be :426:+:K:

Her Critical Blow can be her C+D dropkick and her Power Blow likely some variation on Super Deadly Ninja Bees.

As for strings, I believe her Real Bout incarnations had chains that they could easily adapt to strings.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD