DOA5LR Mai Shiranui Joins the Dead or Alive Roster

09_doabanner.jpg

Mai Shiranui from the legendary Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series is coming to Dead or Alive! Since her birthplace is in Japan it seems like Dead or Alive Festival 2016 is the perfect place to announce this intense crossover. She has her own style of ninjutsu and the look to fit in right at home with the DOA girls... and she's coming soon!

There will also be an Attack on Titan stage, tons more costumes (including some KoF) and even some VR announced for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. Team NINJA is dipping into a lot of neat and interesting projects this year!

KoF Maximum Impact Video | KoF XIII Combo Video | Mai Shiranui Wiki

Last edited:
I can see Mai's st.B, st.D target combo from KOFXIII and KOFXIV being put to good use as well. I also wonder if Mai's rekka from the Real Bout series (or KOF02UM, her qcb+D rekka) would also become a thing here. Most of Mai's ground command moves might be plausible (her dfB slide from KOF98, f+B where she performs a hopping overhead kick, along with the different animations she had from her CD attacks in the games). There is a lot of ways that Koei Tecmo can go about Mai's move set in DOA5LR...

Mai also had a special moves in KOF98 where she does a odd geisha-like dance while hurting the opponent with her fans (which was not overly useful at the time, other than inflicting some chip damage to end a round/match according to the SRK wiki, which is not overly hard to see why). Another thing to notice is that in most of Mai's appearances, she always has some of air throw that would lead into a untechable knockdown.

Mai will also probably end up getting a lot of newer strings altogether in order for her to fit into the game perfectly. This is the part that excites me the most because she is going to be played rather differently from how she is in the KOF series. At some point after Mai becomes available I will conduct a compare and contrast video between Mai's iteration in DOA and her appearances in the 2D KOF games.

Wouldn't be surprised if they give her a jump as well as jumping attacks, they transitioned the jumping animations and normals for the VF characters. Although for VF it was literally copy/paste and tweak move properties

I'm sure the answer is no, but has anyone heard if the PC version will be getting any new updates besides costumes and new character. Any chance of the Attack on Titan stage for PC or Lobby?

You never played kof?

The old school ones were great, the mobile one was good aswell lol

I think i skipped the last two though lol
Too many other fighters
Lol nope, I've never played a KOF game in my life much to my chagrin. I've always wanted to play Mai or B Jenet but I could only hope and dream of it...until now. :) It also helps that I plan on getting the new KOF as well, it'll help me get interested and start seriously playing the series. I still cannot believe it's really happening... it feels like a dream.:oops:

Lol nope, I've never played a KOF game in my life much to my chagrin. I've always wanted to play Mai or B Jenet but I could only hope and dream of it...until now. :) It also helps that I plan on getting the new KOF as well, it'll help me get interested and start seriously playing the series. I still cannot believe it's really happening... it feels like a dream.:oops:

Lol well she's the mascot character of the franchise

Well, this should be interesting. I liked Mai a lot in KOF13 so it should be fun playing as her in DOA5. Can't believe we're still getting new characters almost four years after release.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD