Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless Sama

I wonder which Fighting style she gets. Hmm I want to know which characters have a realitionship with her. I have a vision she will get more DLC outfits than the males but I cant say when we will get the classic ryu hayabusa outfit

Rawbietussin

Since she came with the original Lorelei stage while battling Helena, it's safe to say she has connections with her.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Marirose has a Russian Martial Art Style; Systema according to the Famitsu source.

I wouldn't get too excited about her yet as too many questions are left unanswered:

1. Will she actually be playable on consoles?
2. IF she's playable on consoles, will the game be DOA5:U?
3. Will there be another version of DOA5?
4. Will it be on the current or next-gen?

After all these questions are answered, then we can maybe hype this character a little bit more.

Props to Team Ninja for having the gusto to make a flat-chested adolescent female.

Last edited:

Number 13

Maybe Mary Rose is associated with MIST? Could be the catalyst needed to start a rivalry with DOATEC affiliated Helena.

Nameless Sama

Maybe we will get antoher character revealed you can think why. I would like to see a new Capoeira Fighter a great Partner for Lisa at least. DOA has to much asia martial arts TN should focus on more Europe or South Amercia Martial Arts .

ailingeternity

She's hardly an original character, she seems entirely fanbase oriented to get people to play in arcades. People have also likened her to a number of other fighting game characters already (She's extremely similar to Rachel Alucard imo). I'm trying hard not to have a negative stance since she's only just been revealed but most of DOA's characters are pretty distinguishable from my perspective, her costume design forces a #facepalm out of me, it's just so typical.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
She's really cute and I think she's a great addition to the roster! I can't wait until TN releases a trailer so we can see her Systema in action.

David Gregg

My guesses:
1. Will she actually be playable on consoles?
The biggest thing holding her back is the legality issues (outside of Japan) with an underage girl with game features that can exploit her (it would basically be Dimensions all over again).
2. IF she's playable on consoles, will the game be DOA5:U?
I'd say yes because the new crowd they draw will want to be able to play her and of course the thousands of other players who will never actually get to play her in an arcade.
3. Will there be another version of DOA5?
I just can't see them going through all that effort to make a new version just for 1 character.
4. Will it be on the current or next-gen?
If there was another one I'd say either current or both.

Number 13

Do we know she is underage?
Unless TN pulls a "she has the body of a child, but actually an adult" then safe bet to assume she is genuinely under-age.

There has been cases though in anime/manga where loli type characters are actually over 18 which usually result in gags where people misinterpret her as a grade-school student.

Last edited:

Evil_Gotenks

They could always list her age as NA like they did with Kasumi and Ayane back in the day, or does that not work anymore?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
And if she comes strictly as DLC (no more extra editions of DOA until DOA6) than nothing can really be done about the age thing. Kinda like Diablo 3 in Korea here the real money auction house was not allowed to be released on the Korean retail version but was later patched in.
DLC is fair game to just about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD