Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It would be cliche either way indeed Penguin, but for DOA a psycho could be just what the series needs. How would the other characters look at a psychopath?

Leon would throw her off a cliff, Bayman would break her spine over his knee, and Tengu would flail her through the air by her (now dislocated) head.

And everyone else would beat her up in less amusing ways, except for Zack, who'd invite her to a tropical island then get eaten by a megalodon.

Crext

Standard Donor
And let's not forget the insane amount of fanfics and fanart this'll generate (no BassXMary pairing please, writers).

So you don't see the personification of USA as a dominant powerhouse and Russia as... Oh, I'm sure that won't happen at all.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ryu would act like he's high off of construction glue, like he always acts in DOA5.

He won't take his mask off because it's laced with cocaine and he needs it throughout the course of his battles because he's an addict. His supplier? Genfu. Wait... Genfu is the Heisenberg of DOA...

I'm going to bed.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
He won't take his mask off because it's laced with cocaine and he needs it throughout the course of his battles because he's an addict. His supplier? Genfu. Wait... Genfu is the Heisenberg of DOA...

Then wouldn't Hayabusa be using meth?

Oh, and this theory is amazing. It is now my own personal fanon that Hayabusa has laced his mask with cocaine.

Brute

Standard Donor
Leon would throw her off a cliff, Bayman would break her spine over his knee, and Tengu would flail her through the air by her (now dislocated) head.
And everyone else would beat her up in less amusing ways, except for Zack, who'd invite her to a tropical island then get eaten by a megalodon.
*cough* Izuna drops *cough*

Then wouldn't Hayabusa be using meth?
DOA is too stupid for meth.

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

Hmmm I would klike to see some Wing Chun Fighting style or Judo . If we get a Wing Chun Fighter like Ip Man say we the uncle from Gen fu or the a friend of gen fu that would be badass. You select the Wing Chun Fighter eith Jahn Lee is like Ip man with Bruce Lee ;). Hmm For Judo I think Goh Hinagami would fit it.

Chapstick

I hope she gets something more casual. I don't want just frilly dresses dresses and dresses for her. Something like a colorful hoodie with a skirt (and spandex shorts underneath, not panties) with otk socks and some shoes similar to the ones Kasumi's 'intimate' outfit has.

Kronin

There is no one for translating what say the double page dedicated to the character?

By the way I love the fact that she use the Systema fighting style, I remain curios to see how Team Ninja was able to implement (and customize) it. Interesting is also her height more than the possible weight: she will create problems with the hitbox? This would be a great addition for DoA (and for people that complain about it, remember the much more worst cases of Gon from Tekken 3 and Yoda from Soul Calibur 4 XD)

Finally, from what I said in the casual thread about her:
"Marirose is really cute and also if I agree that the gothic lolita is surely not an original character type, in the roster of DoA she is surely unique. Sadly I don't think that we could expect too much for her characterization, for the simple reason that she will not have a part in the plot. People make fun of the story mode, but actually it's just what allow to a character to show a personality, something that a backstory and a bunch of poses can't substitute: I think that no one can say that the final picture of Mila and Rig emerging from their role in the story is the same of what we were able to read in her bio or see in their animations; Leon and Ein are old acquitances, while Rachel and Momiji are already characterized in another series.

Sadly Marirose wouldn't benefit of anything of all this, but considering like Team Ninja really decided to give a big focus to the new characters of Rig and Mila making them main ones in the Mist and Tournament plots, I'm sure that they will give a big role also to Marirose in DoA6 ;)

I would love to see her like another stepsister of Helena and Kokoro (Fame Douglas continue to give show... XD) However we haven't to judge only from the appearences, Lorelei was very likely the best stage for showing her (being a castle that is perfectly associated with the gothic style) and her blonde pig-tails haven't to be necessarily connected with Helena's blonde ponytail XD (even Rig seemed associated to Bayman before the release of DoA5)."

Kronin

I'd rather we get something more interesting than just another Douglas.

But another Douglas could make her potentially relevant in future for the shinobi story (that is the main one) and not only to the tournament one. However it's only pure speculation without any basis until now.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Kokoro and Helena didn't do a dam thing during that mess that served any real purpose.

TNs stories suck the most interesting thing we are going to get is her back story

Rawbietussin

Miyako hidden the truth with her connections to MIST/DOATEC from Kokoro. Helena on the other hand, wants to destroy the company that had murdered her parents by self-destructing the TriTower because she doesn't want to get connected to it anymore yet in the end, she rebuild it for the better.

KwonJigglypuff

The scan did not mention her nationality.
Fighting style has no relationship to anyone's nationality.

That's what I was thinking as well. Just because she's using a Russian fighting style doesn't mean she would be Russian (eg : piguaquan/French)

Well, can't wait to see her official nationality then.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Its pretty odd for a little girl outside of russia to learn systema unless shes a mma fighter or government spy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD