Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crext

Standard Donor
Kokoro and Helena didn't do a dam thing during that mess that served any real purpose.

TNs stories suck the most interesting thing we are going to get is her back story

They might get a more story focus aspect in the next game, where we might see some powerplay politics. It has been an evolutionary thing for all the fighters that the story become deeper as time goes by. Don't forget that Hitomi fought Lei Fang for a cabbage in the last game, it has evolved a little past that. Then again that was pretty funny, so I don't know.

Female Tengu

They could always list her age as NA like they did with Kasumi and Ayane back in the day, or does that not work anymore?

That would auto-imply that she is underaged, because she is not looking like a monster or a bad-ass like Raidou where the "NA" here was more of a mysterious touch to these characters.

Cylith

Of course, I've wanted a Systema character since 5 was announced, and ITS A LOLI CHARACTER?! I was hoping it would be Mila when she was first announced, but obviously that didn't happen. Systema is so awesome too. For those that don't know, as a generalization, Systema is a military martial art from Russia that focuses on parries and redirects while still having a lot of the breaking force(when on the offensive) that Combat Sambo(Bayman) has. So in a another generalization, think Pai Chan or Brad Wong mixed with some of Bayman. Again, GENERALIZATION. There is far more detail that I don't wish to go into.
I am willing to try her out though since it is the style I've wanted, but if she is ANYTHING like Platinum from Blazblue, I will forever mute her. Here is a simple Systema demonstration. Just so people can see what the basics are.

Last edited:

Kronin

For me it's not of course, because actually I didn't know that this martial art existed until... yesterday XD

However I've seen various videos on you tube, and seems really great. If I understood well, some of the basis of this fighting style are in the control of the breath, and in not opposing to the strenght of the attacks of the opponents, but rather deviate them (parries) allowing them to relase all their 'energy'; in addition of being used like military martial art, seems that one of the purpose of this fighting style is the self-defense (the control of the breath should be used also for avoiding status of anxiety and tension).

PS: I hope to not have said totally wrong things, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

FakeSypha

I got mixed feelings about this systema martial art. Yesterday I watched some vids about it. It looks like this character could have some parries/sabakis/inashis and whatnot. However, the movement of the guys who were performing this techniques looked kinda goofy if you ask me.

I hope it turns this char turns out fun to play with. And nothing like this:

ninjaguy446

Kinda hope she's more throw/OH oriented than hold/parry oriented, 'cause I suck with defensive holds. They're too risky and weird...
Same here. I'd be nice is she were more OH oriented but I also wouldn't mind her being hold/parry oriented. Her holds and parries could guarantee certain setups (like Leifang and Momiji's mid kick hold) which would be where she gets most of her damage from.

Last edited:

vINv

Or they could just keep her on the arcade and give us console geeks our demon back.
or they could give us both and ever body wins i dont see the old tengu being that good in doas new system theyd have to revamp im id think for him to be competitive. seeing as how she looks like lili from tekken if it was team ninjas intention to make a lili clone. shes needs to play simalar and have a ss to rival christie. speed to rival christie and decent throw set ups low counter dmg. but combos that hit 100-135 max. low throw dmg. 10frame jab 11frame mid good bt stance. and a plethrua of combo set ups i main lili in tekken. so id love to see this

Last edited:

DjDeathCool

Why are there not more people here disgusted about this? I realize that "Loli" is a popular trend in anime and certain video games but it's something that I find severely off putting. Lots of times this trend is defended by thin arguments by anime nerds as being harmless. But when you throw a character who's supposed to look like a pre-teen in a game where every single woman on the roster is blatantly hyper-sexualized, I get queezy. Even if she, herself, was not sexualized the company she keeps in this game would still make me think twice. I seriously don't know if I can continue to play this game after this character is released. "Loli" fucking sickens me.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
we already had that discussion trust me were all worried about that, but there isn't anything we can do about it except wait for what TN decides to do. so till then hype

Sgaragarru

Why are there not more people here disgusted about this? I realize that "Loli" is a popular trend in anime and certain video games but it's something that I find severely off putting. Lots of times this trend is defended by thin arguments by anime nerds as being harmless. But when you throw a character who's supposed to look like a pre-teen in a game where every single woman on the roster is blatantly hyper-sexualized, I get queezy. Even if she, herself, was not sexualized the company she keeps in this game would still make me think twice. I seriously don't know if I can continue to play this game after this character is released. "Loli" fucking sickens me.

lol if you really going to quit the game just for a character, it means that u really don't give a shit about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD