Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey2100

lol if you really going to quit the game just for a character, it means that u really don't give a shit about this game

While it does seem a bit over dramatic, this kind of thing can ruin peoples enjoyment of games.

For example in Ni no kuni they had a little scene where the 10-13 year old female wore a bathing suit and it did a close up of her with sparkles round her pretty much saying she is beautiful, i just found it very uncomfortable and weird and it did put me off the game. and in the case of doa5, having this little girl popping up around women with huge massive breasts and getting smashed up by big burly men, then it could ruin the whole feel of the game.

But i do think people need to wait for a video to see how well she fits in the game before getting all bent out of shape.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im pretty sure she is going to do her fair share of smashing

DOAs graphics just aint good enough for me to think im breaking and actual little girls arm. to me shes nothing but pixels and an enemy or possibly an ally

David Gregg

Why are there not more people here disgusted about this? I realize that "Loli" is a popular trend in anime and certain video games but it's something that I find severely off putting. Lots of times this trend is defended by thin arguments by anime nerds as being harmless. But when you throw a character who's supposed to look like a pre-teen in a game where every single woman on the roster is blatantly hyper-sexualized, I get queezy. Even if she, herself, was not sexualized the company she keeps in this game would still make me think twice. I seriously don't know if I can continue to play this game after this character is released. "Loli" fucking sickens me.
Don't you think you're being just a bit well...overdramatic? I mean I'm upset about no Tengu either but we've only seen what 3 pics. Let's just wait it out and see what more info we get.

RoboJoe

The only thing that gets me uncomfortable about Mary in a bikini is how her hurt box will get smaller without those platform heels.

Argentus

Why are there not more people here disgusted about this? I realize that "Loli" is a popular trend in anime and certain video games but it's something that I find severely off putting. Lots of times this trend is defended by thin arguments by anime nerds as being harmless. But when you throw a character who's supposed to look like a pre-teen in a game where every single woman on the roster is blatantly hyper-sexualized, I get queezy. Even if she, herself, was not sexualized the company she keeps in this game would still make me think twice. I seriously don't know if I can continue to play this game after this character is released. "Loli" fucking sickens me.

Because shes just in japanese arcades for now.

She's for japan, in Japan, doesnt affect western players at all right now.

DjDeathCool

I don't think I'm being over dramatic. I'm not trying to make a scene for the sake of making a scene. "Loli" seriously disturbs me and has ruined games for me in the past and now it's making it's way into one of my favorite games. I'm upset by the sexualization of underage girls. Dead or Alive is a pretty shit game when it comes to it's portrayal of women. Yet, I've always been able to convince myself to enjoy the game anyways, usually by laughing at it, but my line is drawn at the gross sexualization of little girls.

I agree that it's worth waiting and seeing how this plays out but I don't think it's looking good. Even her C1 is beyond the point of gross for me and I'd be willing to be her characterization is going to be "I'm an innocent little girl. Don't do sex stuff to me." That shit gets to me, man.

I'll applaud Team Ninja if they break their grievous track record on their gross characterization of women but I don't think "Mary"'s going to be the one to do that.

Zeo

So.. TN tweeted around 11 PM yesterday that they'd be releasing a trailer of this chick "Tomorrow" which is today. Did they mean the day after tomorrow or was it already the 14th over there and they meant the 15th?

Because... tomorrow (today) will pretty much be over in the next 2-3 hours.

RoboJoe

So.. TN tweeted around 11 PM yesterday that they'd be releasing a trailer of this chick "Tomorrow" which is today. Did they mean the day after tomorrow or was it already the 14th over there and they meant the 15th?

Because... tomorrow (today) will pretty much be over in the next 2-3 hours.

In 30 minutes, it is noon in Tokyo. I'm sure that's when we will get the trailer.

WondrousMelody

Just saw her on Matty's YT and squealed she's so adorable I will definitely use her. <3<3 Some of you are annoying saying it's wrong b/c she's younger. There are some people like me who have been waiting for a character like this in this game not for gross reasons. Its only perverted if you make it that way. She looks fine to me don't know what that 1 guy is saying about her dressing inappropriately. And I WILL kick your asses with this chick.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just saw her on Matty's YT and squealed she's so adorable I will definitely use her. <3<3 Some of you are annoying saying it's wrong b/c she's younger. There are some people like me who have been waiting for a character like this in this game not for gross reasons. Its only perverted if you make it that way. She looks fine to me don't know what that 1 guy is saying about her dressing inappropriately. And I WILL kick your asses with this chick.
Keep your attitude in check. Just like you find her adorable, some (myself included) think the idea of a lolita character to be more than a little unsettling. The whole premise behind them is questionable.

WondrousMelody

My...attitude? I understand what you're saying but I just think that there will always be perverted ppl out there you just have to ignore them and play the game the way you want to play it. Also I hope she gets some sort of princess outfit she would definitely rock it. <3<3<3

ninjaguy446

My...attitude? I understand what you're saying but I just think that there will always be perverted ppl out there you just have to ignore them and play the game the way you want to play it. Also I hope she gets some sort of princess outfit she would definitely rock it. <3<3<3
He's saying that you don't need to come in and act like you rule the place, that's all. And I don't think Mary is creepy, but that picture looks a little creepy for some reason lol. To each their own though.

WondrousMelody

He's saying that you don't need to come in and act like you rule the place, that's all. And I don't think Mary is creepy, but that picture looks a little creepy for some reason lol. To each their own though.
Hey we each have our own opinions. :) I would also love this on her with the same hair.

Attachments

• Anime Flower Princess.jpg
    Anime Flower Princess.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 246

Kodachi

Standard Donor
omg TraileR ♥_♥
full_mary.png

CV: Mai Aizawa

It's appearance looked like servants, but the little girl identity is shrouded in mystery.
Contrary to the outfits pretty small in stature, I master the art army fighting "systematic".
Exactly is truth hidden in the bottom of a small smile demonic that ...?

Fighting Style:
I emphasis on fluid behavior is not fixed the "ready",
Army fighting art of Russia.
From that state weakness characteristic, to neutralize the opponent's attack
As well as behavior, is a tricky technique that takes advantage of the small body
Paid out.

Nationality
Sweden

Sex
Woman

School
Systema

Birthday
June 6

Blood type
AB type

Height and weight