Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Argentus

Oh god I just realized that since Marvel mandates whos in these games to promote their current projects, that means we'd get all the shitty "ethnic diversity knockoffs" instead of the real deal heroes. FUUUUUUCK THAT.

Banana56

Oh god I just realized that since Marvel mandates whos in these games to promote their current projects, that means we'd get all the shitty "ethnic diversity knockoffs" instead of the real deal heroes. FUUUUUUCK THAT.

You sure? Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't seem to be to ethnically diverse among Marvel's side (or is that how Marvel is now?)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You sure? Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't seem to be to ethnically diverse among Marvel's side (or is that how Marvel is now?)
Back then they did the iconic characters but now since marvel movie projects is the next big thing and popular they're gonna choose who they want so that they can get more promotion for those characters.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I highly doubt Capcom or Marvel would be willing to make a sequel this soon when they know some rather sizably iconic characters would be omitted due to the way Marvel is phasing out the X-Men IP outright (and consequently, Deadpool as well). And if they do, you know what that means... No More Mustaches. That ain't gonna sit well with some people.

That being said, I know what I'm hoping for is a shot in the dark, but if this turns out to be a reveal for Darkstalkers 4 instead, I'll be even more excited...and it better be an actual one this time, not this quickly made 30 second CGI "Darkstalkers are not Dead" nonsense either.

Brute

Standard Donor
They would be putting whoever is on the screen, not in the comics. So save Ghost Rider, you're pretty much dealing with all the OGs.

And Robbie Reyes is awesome.

Argentus

My issue is there's actually ethnic diverse heroes Marvel could be using (or creating) but over the last several years they instead opted to simply replace their iconic heroes with "ethnic diversity" knockoffs for shock value and publicity.

Iron Man replaced by some black girl. (Even worse since that was done back in the 90's but at least they had the decency to give her her own hero name, aka, "Iron Maiden")

Captain America replaced by Falcon (Retarded since he's still just wearing the Falcon costume and being falcon, only carrying the shield, yet he actually HAD replaced Captain America properly decades before for a little while, as a stand-in)

Ms Marvel replaced by some..muslim? Middle eastern girl with stretchy powers. Worse since Carol is still active as "captain marvel" which she had just spent decades growing out of and building her own iconic identity, only for current writers to throw her back to simply being the supergirl to captain marvels superman.

Spider-Man has Miles Morales who was fine back when he was in ultimate comics. You can tell its a bad idea because nobody actually calls him "spider-man", because that's Peter Parker.

Thor replaced by Jane Foster, (Thor now goes by "Odinson") which is full retard for several reason. 1) Thor Girl is already a character. 2) Thor isn't a hero codename it's the guys ACTUAL NAME, and 3) Other people have acted as Standin's for Thor briefly, but quickly got their own moniker for reason number 2. Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, etc. and 4) much like Iron maiden, Earth X already had Thor as a women. The actual Thor turned female by Loki, not just some lady with Thor's Hammer.

etc etc.

So what I'm saying is come marvel vs capcom 4, I don't want "Black spider-Man, Black Captain America, Brown Ms Marvel, Female Thor", etc, etc. I want Spider-Man, Captain America, Ms Marvel, and Thor. If they want more diversity then they can use more diverse heroes like Black Panther, Falcon, Dust, Rage, Photon, Prowler, Gauntlet, Jubilee, Colossus, Gateway, War Machine, etc, etc, etc.

They would be putting whoever is on the screen, not in the comics. So save Ghost Rider, you're pretty much dealing with all the OGs.

And Robbie Reyes is awesome.

I have no idea who robbie reyes is. Is that the retarded new Ghost Rider who drives a car and looks like he's just wearing a regular helmet?

Hell if anything I'd rather have Alejandra, the hispanic female Rider from a while back, at least she was cool. And rode a freaking bike.

Brute

Standard Donor
I have no idea who robbie reyes is. Is that the retarded new Ghost Rider who drives a car and looks like he's just wearing a regular helmet?

Hell if anything I'd rather have Alejandra, the hispanic female Rider from a while back, at least she was cool. And rode a freaking bike.
I'd tell you to get off your ass for half a second and google it, but it seems like you're already familiar with the character and are merely feigning ignorance to imply that the character is not worth remembering. I'm not a huge fan of his comic design, but the live action appearance looks like a skull and is not metallic as it is in the comics. As seen here.

And of course you'd rather have Alejandra since she fits your sexual fetish mold, aside from her hair not being stupid enough. The "hispanic" mention is interesting, however, given that Robbie is also hispanic.

Argentus

I'd tell you to get off your ass for half a second and google it, but it seems like you're already familiar with the character and are merely feigning ignorance to imply that the character is not worth remembering. I'm not a huge fan of his comic design, but the live action appearance looks like a skull and is not metallic as it is in the comics. As seen here.

And of course you'd rather have Alejandra since she fits your sexual fetish mold, aside from her hair not being stupid enough. The "hispanic" mention is interesting, however, given that Robbie is also hispanic.

oh okay so for once Shield made a character look good?

Seriously though, the comics version of him looks ridiculously stupid

Though that does raise the question of "if they were just going to change him into the regular Ghost Rider anyway, then why not just USE THE REAL GHOST RIDER?

But also it's the fact that....he drives a car. That's....no. I get they are trying to bank on Fast and Furious, but the reality is the riders classic hellchopper is way more badass plus, yaknow, practical. Like how the hell is robbie supposed to do all the crazy stunts of a Rider in a freaking muscle car? Does he have to lean out the window to throw his chain? What if they go down an alley?

Oh fuck, I had to look up robbie reyes on the show and they DID have Johnny Blaze, only for him to "pass his power on" to this dumbass kid. Fucking hell, shoulda kept the real deal on the show instead of the cheap knockoff!

well anyway back on topic if they brought back Ghost Rider, I'd be fine with all the different Riders as alternate skins. Johnny Blaze, um, the second one after him, his brother. Danny something. The original pale horseman version, and Robbie Reyes, as well as Ghost Rider 2099.

Seriously they are into 3d models now, there's NO excuse for just pallet swaps as alts. They better do actual alt costumes.

also this article confirming my fears, basically. Rumors that since the game will be focusing on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, there will be no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in the game.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-4-rumors-true

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Though that does raise the question of "if they were just going to change him into the regular Ghost Rider anyway, then why not just USE THE REAL GHOST RIDER?
Because his story in the show revolves around his brother, which doesn't really work for Johnny.

But also it's the fact that....he drives a car. That's....no. I get they are trying to bank on Fast and Furious, but the reality is the riders classic hellchopper is way more badass plus, yaknow, practical. Like how the hell is robbie supposed to do all the crazy stunts of a Rider in a freaking muscle car? Does he have to lean out the window to throw his chain? What if they go down an alley?
With the show's budget, they weren't really going to have awesome, high-speed vehicular chases regardless. I agree that the motorcycle is cooler aesthetically than the car, but he's rarely in it, and on foot he's pretty cool so I'm okay with it.

Banana56

Rumored Marvel cast

CyjajdxWQAAG4LI.jpg

Zeo

That lineup is actually alright. Marvel is spiting the crap out of Fox right now so it doesn't surprise me that it appears X-Men may not make the cut, assuming any of this is real. But honestly UMVC3 let me down so colossally in that regard that I really don't care if any appear. I wanted Cyclops and Gambit with potential Bishop. If Wolv finally sits out a Marvel/Capcom fighter after over 10 years, I won't bat an eyelash, get rid of Magneto too.

As far as that lineup goes, it's pretty solid. Especially Scarlet Witch. Not feeling Gwenpool, Goblin, Howard or Wasp though, don't really want MODOK back either. If we're gliding more towards the MCU in terms of Roster, Vision, Quicksilver, The Winter Soldier, War Machine or any of the other Guardians of the Galaxy would be better choices I think. Thanos is an incredible choice though.

If we're talking Capcom, just don't stuff the roster with Street Fighters and Darkstalkers and we'll be fine. Oh and don't snub Megaman again.

Banana56

Tbh I think this may be the Marvel roster

- X-men and Deadpool aren't here, and seeing how things are with them and Marvel it seems to make sense
- Gwenpool pretty much is the closest character to Deadpool this game could get
- All the Avengers from the movie are there
- Dr.Strange has his show which is pretty popular
- Black Panther and Scarlet Witch are the closest characters to Wolverine and Storm this game could get
- M.O.D.O.K is to disliked to be in a wishlist for most

Wonder which Ms Marvel they'd go with, the original or the modern

latest

latest

Argentus

Tbh I think this may be the Marvel roster

- X-men and Deadpool aren't here, and seeing how things are with them and Marvel it seems to make sense
- Gwenpool pretty much is the closest character to Deadpool this game could get
- All the Avengers from the movie are there
- Dr.Strange has his show which is pretty popular
- Black Panther and Scarlet Witch are the closest characters to Wolverine and Storm this game could get
- M.O.D.O.K is to disliked to be in a wishlist for most

Wonder which Ms Marvel they'd go with, the original or the modern

latest

latest

The original Ms Marvel is no longer a thing. They reverted her back to being a Captain Marvel copy, and are promoting her as such.

I do wish the new girl would get her own name though, because she is NOT Ms Marvel. hence why everyone refers to her with her real name instead, Kamala Khan.

Rumored Marvel cast

CyjajdxWQAAG4LI.jpg

Cap: Of course
Iron Man: Yep but he'll be more of a wisecracking character like RDJ instead of how Stark normally acts.
Black Widow: Yep
Thor: Yep
Hulk: Yep
Hawkeye: But looking more like the movie version, of course.
Scarlet Witch: Minus any reference to being a mutant.

Venom is also no longer a character anymore, recently turned into Agent Venom, a good guy jarhead who "hulks out" into classic venom.
Green Goblin isn't a thing anymore, it's Norman Osborn who's the villain nowadays.
Star Lord....eh. Yeah he'll be a character but I still really dislike the movie version for just being a blatant Firefly copy, as opposed to the PTSD survivors guilt war hero that is the original Starlord.
Rocket will probably be combined into Groot as a dual character.
Strange is a given
Iron Fist is a given because netflix, same with Luke Cage.
Ms Marvel is 50/50.
Gwenpool no way in hell
Daredevil also a given
Howard, NOPE
Punisher yeah
Wasp nope, she doesn't exist in the MCU (killed decades ago) unless they use the "Daughter of janet" version from the antman movie
Modok nope
Thanos Nope

I think they'd also add in Squirrel Girl since they are REALLY pushing her exposure lately. Member of Avengers, in Marvel Heroes/Super Hero Super Squad/Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. They have her in everything now.

Also they'd use Ant-Man because he had his own movie.

Zeo

Calling out some of your viewpoints.

Venom is also no longer a character anymore, recently turned into Agent Venom, a good guy jarhead who "hulks out" into classic venom.

Green Goblin isn't a thing anymore, it's Norman Osborn who's the villain nowadays.
You're not taking into account the MCU Spiderman which is getting it's first movie also in 2017 and we don't know what Villains will appear there outside of Vulture. Venom or Goblin could appear there and if MVC4 would be released before or after either way it would be the perfect opportunity to advertise a new villain that's a bit more well known.

Rocket will probably be combined into Groot as a dual character.
Hopefully not, he was fully functional as a character on his own and I'd hope they wouldn't take away from that.

Iron Fist is a given because netflix, same with Luke Cage.
But not Jessica Jones?

Wasp nope, she doesn't exist in the MCU (killed decades ago) unless they use the "Daughter of janet" version from the antman movie

Possible but a coin toss. The sequel to Ant-Man is clearly titled "Ant Man and the Wasp" hinting at Pym's daughter taking on the role, but it's hard to say weather or not she'd actually appear due to this, it's shoehorning somewhat.

Also they'd use Ant-Man because he had his own movie.

There's an inherent problem with Ant-Man though. His powers are shrinking and growing, and it's probably extremely difficult to create a full moveset based upon those abilities alone. Maybe growing large for a special or two or a super but a shrinking mechanic sounds like a nightmare in and of itself and including that character as a whole seems like a hassle. Wasp is an altogether better choice from a gameplay and variety standpoint even if she loses in popularity.

Thanos Nope
Your most head-scratching position of all. Why would they not include him in the roster? Since 2012 if not the conception of the MCU they've been doing nothing but pushing Thanos as the big bad villain to end all villains. His notoriety right now is probably the highest it's ever been in the public eye. We caught a glimpse of him in GOTG and the possibilities are endless for a moveset. There's the arguement that it's too early to use him but they won't get another opportunity to represent their biggest villain in a crossover most likely until MVC5 which at that point, the MCU could have already ended that story arc.

I will say there's a good chance though that he'll be the "Final Boss" of MVC4 with the Infinity Gauntlet and unplayable, but a stripped down version could be playable. Maybe just with a couple of the infinity stones, possibilities are endless, but a flat out omission is not one of them.

I think they'd also add in Squirrel Girl since they are REALLY pushing her exposure lately. Member of Avengers, in Marvel Heroes/Super Hero Super Squad/Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. They have her in everything now.

God no. I'd rather Howard the freaking Duck and that's saying something. Squirell Girl is probably the most ridiculous character the Marvelverse has ever conceived. If Marvel was to have a wildcard character though (Like MODOK in MVC3) she is definitely one of the big candidates, so I can't rule her out completely.

(...This just made be realize the scary and very real possibility that Squirrel Girl or Howard the Duck could conceivably get their own film in the MCU.. especially considering we've actually seen Howard already...)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD