Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Boogie

all this talk im seeing about them pushing out X-Men makes me sad a little. im praying we don't get EVERYONE thats appeared in the MCU. i mean yuh, im here for some but there are a lot other characters they can use to kickstart their popularity and considering i think Spider-Qwen is more popular than Qwenpool, that chose is perplexing. im taking this with a grain of salt of course because we don't even know if its official yet.

idk. for the record, Robbie > Johnny. granted i love his comic look more than the Agent of Sheilds look, i find Robbie more interesting and less bland.

Reactions: Kyo

Argentus

@Zero

1) I doubt they'll have more than one villain in the new Spidey movie. Even if they did it'd still be osborn instead of goblin as is the trend since he was revived, and no way theyd have venom as a side villain

2) rocket combined with Groot because Groot was the most popular part of the guardians movie

3). Jessica Jones isn't an active hero. That's her whole thing.

4). Wasp has the same shrinking and growing powers as ant man. Only also with flight and hand blasts only usable when she's small.

5) thanos as supposed to be a yep lol. I deleted some stuff from the post.

6) how can you not love squirrel girl lol? Batman and Dead pool are just as OP but Doreen is also adorably upbeat the whole time lol.
all of us love the X-Men but if Marvel Discard the Mutants many people will hate this game. :eek::(

Yeah Marvel's just digging a grave here since the x-men are and always have been the backbone/ core/heart of Marvel. Almost everythingmajor revolves around the xmen

Zeo

@Zero

1) I doubt they'll have more than one villain in the new Spidey movie. Even if they did it'd still be osborn instead of goblin as is the trend since he was revived, and no way theyd have venom as a side villain

2) rocket combined with Groot because Groot was the most popular part of the guardians movie

3). Jessica Jones isn't an active hero. That's her whole thing.

4). Wasp has the same shrinking and growing powers as ant man. Only also with flight and hand blasts only usable when she's small.

5) thanos as supposed to be a yep lol. I deleted some stuff from the post.

6) how can you not love squirrel girl lol? Batman and Dead pool are just as OP but Doreen is also adorably upbeat the whole time lol.

Yeah Marvel's just digging a grave here since the x-men are and always have been the backbone/ core/heart of Marvel. Almost everythingmajor revolves around the xmen

Going to pretend you didn't call me Ze"R"o just now.

1. Nevertheless a villain could be introduced in that film, even if they aren't the focus, it's honestly enough if we aren't being that rigid.

2. That's irrelevant from a gameplay standpoint though, he can show up in a super or two but I'd rather Groot and Rocket be their own character if we're doing that. Otherwise Groot can sit things out and give us Drax or Gamora.

3. Fair enough.

4. Flight is a big thing in the marvel world but I thought she could use the stingers at normal size. You could build a moveset around that but I'm just going to stand by both of those characters just being a tough sale for a fighting game.

6. That character is the epitome of "for the lulz" which is usually a cool thing but it's extremely annoying in her case for me.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
God Hand Gene.
Let's keep the other one for Sunrise VS Capcom.
As much as I'd love to see Ronin Warriors and Sengoku Basara in the same fighting game, the licensing loopholes will be a bigger nightmare than it was for Tatsunoko.

But I'm surprised you remember God Hand. It'd be a shame if Gene was passed up again for a crossover title. His craziness fits right into the game.

Argentus

Going to pretend you didn't call me Ze"R"o just now.

1. Nevertheless a villain could be introduced in that film, even if they aren't the focus, it's honestly enough if we aren't being that rigid.

2. That's irrelevant from a gameplay standpoint though, he can show up in a super or two but I'd rather Groot and Rocket be their own character if we're doing that. Otherwise Groot can sit things out and give us Drax or Gamora.

3. Fair enough.

4. Flight is a big thing in the marvel world but I thought she could use the stingers at normal size. You could build a moveset around that but I'm just going to stand by both of those characters just being a tough sale for a fighting game.

6. That character is the epitome of "for the lulz" which is usually a cool thing but it's extremely annoying in her case for me.

blame autocorrect on my phone lol.

1) Well I think they'll avoid it because "too many villains" is the main problem Spiderman 3 and Amazing Spiderman 2 had, which dragged it down the drain.

2) Thing is, they are known as a fighting pair, even before the movie. Like it's honestly surprising Rocket showed up by himself in 3 in the first place. I can see them doing them as separate character, but just like Jill in Mvc3, I can see a character overhaul instead to be more "in line" with current image.

4) I think some VERSIONS allowed her to use handblasts at normal size later on as an "upgrade", but no, she only gets her handblasts and Waspsize. Similarly she can't fly at full size normally. Granted they may just throw all that out the window and say she can use her handblasts and wings at normal size anyway for the sake of gameplay. But Flight doesn't matter too much in MarvelvCapcom since EVERYONE is an aerial combatant there.

6) I'll give you that her current coming (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl) gets real old real quick because it's nothing but 4chan humor, but besides that, I dunno, I love her. She's both adorable and awesome.
As much as I'd love to see Ronin Warriors and Sengoku Basara in the same fighting game, the licensing loopholes will be a bigger nightmare than it was for Tatsunoko.

But I'm surprised you remember God Hand. It'd be a shame if Gene was passed up again for a crossover title. His craziness fits right into the game.

to be fair, its' one of the "Ps2 classics" games on psn

Hayabusiness

Guy Shishioh & Swan White VS Batsu & Tiffany ;)

Aaanyway

Yes, I love God Hand and these crossover games are the only hope to see him back. Would've rather seen him in Tatsunoko VS Capcom since I don't care about Marvel, but if he was in MvsC I would certainly buy it one day or another.

I loved the roster in TvsC, and sadly I doubt they'd take the same route of obscure love for MvsC.
Maybe if there was be a TvsC 2 (I doubt it), Gene would have better chances, but in a game of popularity, nou... There are so many obscure Capcom characters I'd love to see. Along with Gene, I'd love to have Falcon or Rouge from Power Stone, more Rival Schoolers, Devilotte, well, you name it.

And yes, Masamune and Yukimura would be absolutely lovely in a Versus fighting game, but again, so obscure overseas :(

Nyte

So who do you want in MVC4? I'm hoping for the Netflix heroes, namely Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher. It would be nice to give them some love.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So who do you want in MVC4? I'm hoping for the Netflix heroes, namely Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher. It would be nice to give them some love.
The two Marvel characters I really want to be playable are Scarlet Witch and Jubilee.

Obviously the latter will be impossible if X-Men won't be involved, but even so, I'll be more than content if my Wandie-- I mean, if Wandie makes it in.

As for Capcom, it's a shot in the dark, but if Akira Kazama (Rival Schools), Hayato (Plasma Sword), Bilstein (Plasma Sword), Jedah (Darkstalkers), Demitri (Darkstalkers), Talbain (Darkstalkers), Teen Anita (Darkstalkers), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Gene (God Hand), and MEGA-MUTHAFUCKING-MAN-X makes it in, I'd be satisfied.

Argentus

ew ew ew ew ew ew no not the shitty netflix versions please god no.

I'm fine with the netflix shows being a thing, but dear god don't put those versions in the games except as an alt skin like they did with Arrow in Injustice.

Iron Fist was already in MvC3, wasn't he?

Daredevil would be great. Jessica Jones isn't a superhero so she shouldn't be in. She's literally just a superpowered housewive after retiring due to Purple Man brainwashing her as an almost sex slave during her first stint as a hero.

But Luke Cage is just well...he's just a black guy lol.
This makes me laugh every time
ZwgR1EY.jpg

But seriously he doesn't have anything to bring to the table. He just has bulletproof skin and I THINK mild superstrength? I'm not even sure about that part. He doesn't have any "gimmick" to work with in gameplay.

And Punisher, of course, would be MORE DAKKA but we already have characters like that, so he'd be kinda redundant.

Nyte

Yeah, Iron Fist was in MvC3, but he's not exactly an A-list Marvel hero so the possibility of him getting cut is there. I wasn't saying that they should be like their Netflix versions, but they should be in the game if the MCU is what's going to be used as the means to determine the roster.

Argentus

Yeah, Iron Fist was in MvC3, but he's not exactly an A-list Marvel hero so the possibility of him getting cut is there. I wasn't saying that they should be like their Netflix versions, but they should be in the game if the MCU is what's going to be used as the means to determine the roster.
well i mean, he's no d-lister, either. He's B-list, like Daredevil.

Nyte

well i mean, he's no d-lister, either. He's B-list, like Daredevil.
That actually depends a lot on adaptations in recent years. For example, it may be hard to believe now, but Iron Man was once considered too obscure of a Marvel character to make a successful movie out of. He was a big name in the comics, but that didn't translate into being marketable for general audiences. Of course, all detractors were proven wrong and thanks to the MCU he's ascended to Spider-Man levels of fame.

An even bigger example is the Guardians of the Galaxy. They were obscure even to Marvel fans. I remember when Rocket Raccoon was announced for UMvC3 (three years before the movie came out) and people were like "Who the hell is this guy?" or "Wow, a talking raccoon? That's just stupid". Then the movie came out and everyone knows about the Guardians, and thinks Rocket is one of the coolest and most original concepts they've had.

I guess Iron Fist is popular enough, but he's still not that big of a name outside of comic books fans. While most people probably know about Daredevil without really looking into it much (as is the case with many comic book characters without a blockbuster adaptation), I'm not sure if the same could be said for Iron Fist. Still, I hope he makes it in and isn't cut just to make room for an A-lister. I liked how MvC3 went the extra mile to include obscure names on both sides, when it would've been easy just to use all the biggest names and nothing else.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD